Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dangerous Times

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Dangerous Times
July 19, 2011 01:30AM
still plenty of the good stuff in the ground!
everybody "get" crackin'.it's there! and probably NOT far from your home!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 19, 2011 01:36AM
I to grew up on a farm ... food and guns and 20 plus in the military. If necessary i can buckle down feed and protect my family... what ever it takes. Cant tell you how many conversations ive had with my dad and grand parents about the depression years and how they made it. I traveled full time for 5 years in an RV... sold everything. You would be surprised how little you really need.

Dew
July 19, 2011 06:19AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm watching that gold price VERY closely (and
> silver). Stunning; yet, the price in a few months
> may have us thinking that $1600 and $40 'was'
> cheap.

If this becomes true then many people will watch their earnings and savings vanish like smoke.
TerraDigger, your post pegged it right.....it doesn't matter who the puppet-master is, he ain't on our side.
July 19, 2011 06:36AM
Well if things get that bad--.223 gonna be worth far more than gold or silver. Not a "bunker mentality" type myself but its good to be prepared in any circumstances--that extends beyond silver and gold accumalation. I dont expect or hope for a house fire, but I do have fire alarms just in case.

(Like this site--more of a reader since I only have a couple of years of dirt fishing compared to most of you and not much to add, but I have learned a lot--Thanks!) I did order Tom's DVD and it is excellent! Tom hits the right balance of instruction--very informative without being overly technical and yet not "dumbing down" the information to the viewer either! Highly recommended viewing whether or not you own a First Texas product!.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2011 06:37AM by Ferrous Bueller.
Ferrous.....Re: Dangerous Times
July 19, 2011 07:37AM
All Dirtfishers have something to contribute.......2 yrs is enough experience........so feel free to chime in.
Re: Ferrous.....Re: Dangerous Times
July 19, 2011 12:17PM
Correct!
Can a snack cracker predict our economic future....Re: Dangerous Times
July 19, 2011 08:06PM
Opened a box of Ritz crackers (my lifelong favorite) yesterday. Pulled out one of the packages. The end was completely 'open'. Okay. I thought I would call Kraft Foods (toll free # on box). Just to let them know the quality control was lacking. In looking for the toll free # I almost dropped the box. There it was, slapping me in the face............Made in Mexico........crackers were purchased at Wally World.
Ask me if I am going to buy anymore of these. Or Kraft products.......or Wally World...........no wonder unemployment is at least 10%.
July 20, 2011 12:31AM
Id be ashamed if i was Sam Waltons kids. He built a company based on made in the USA. Now its made anywhere but the USA. Its rare that i shop at Wally world any more and i applaud small towns that keep them from building. Seems Obummer has found a compromise.... 1 trillion dollars in tax increases. Why should the government stop spending when they can COMPROMISE by just agreeing to raise taxes. Ever feel powerless to make a difference. Things keep going the way they are we may be finding more caches being berried for us to dig up.

Dew
July 20, 2011 12:52AM
excellent point! well taken! my sentiments exactly!
one will offset the other!.not quite the same of course,but similar to what your local town government
does every 5 years or so,in that they "reduce" your assessed value of your property ie: (house and land),
THEN they conveniently RAISE your town portion tax rate to "offset" the new assessed value. interesting paradox.
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 22, 2011 12:28PM
Just finishing a book called "The Creature from Jekyll Island". It's a good read...but be prepared, it's scary...all about the Federal Reserve.

TDD
July 23, 2011 02:01AM
"One Nation Under Surveillance"

Boston T Party
July 23, 2011 03:15AM
From what I heard about the Fed reserve...which I don't know to be accurate but I woudn't be surprised if it was.
Supposedly the federal reserve is neither "federal" which would indicate a part of the US govt. and it is not a "reserve" in the sense
that the money is backed by anything tangible.
Supposedly It is a part of a bank cartel with ties to an international bank cartel that is able to almost control the money supply of the entire habitable world.

Rothschild quote "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws"

Supposedly Wilson was remorse to help bring the Federal reserve in existence.
Supposedly when it was voted into existence, earlier congresses and presidents resisted allowing the banking cartel take control of our money supply.
Supposedly Presidents that spoke of dismantling the federal reserve were threatened.

How much it the above true? I don't know and really doesn't matter to me.....I have a strong dislike of secret organizations.....

But I have the feeling since....If the federal reserve has the power to charge interest rates.....how can it be part of the US govt?....since
that in of itself should mean a huge amount of money generated...and therefore should make our Govt profitable?
July 23, 2011 03:30AM
This is supposed to happen. Read your Bible. There will be a One World Order, a One World Church, One World money. There is already a world court. Be prepared. We could be in the end times. World War III where President of Iran wants to be the one to start this. Then comes the anti-christ. You need to be prepared and ready.

For now I want another detector and go find another IH and keep going to Church every Sunday and reading my Bible.

Rick
July 23, 2011 07:50AM
jesus saith unto him,i am the way,the truth,and the life:
no man cometh unto the father,but by me. jn. 14:6

for what shall it profit a man,if he shall gain the whole world,
and lose his own soul? mk. 8:36

jesus said: behold,i stand at the door and knock:
if any man hear my voice,and open the door,i will
come in to him. rev. 3:20

FOR ALL HAVE SINNED, and come short of the glory of god. rom. 3:23

god is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth,that shall he also reap
gal. 6:7

for by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of god: Not of works,lest any man should boast. eph. 2:8,9.

(h.h)!
j.t.
July 23, 2011 12:55PM
Tom hit the nail on the head on an earlier post (p. 8)

NASA-Tom
Guys.............this needs to stop. Take it to the 'PM' side........and go swing a coil.
July 23, 2011 02:34PM
One more John 8:12 Jesus said I am the light of the world. Those who follow me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life.,,,

Rick
July 26, 2011 04:28AM
A lot of the thoughts in this thread are already starting to come to fruition. Did anyone catch the President's speech tonight (7/25)? Scary, scary stuff. Looks like China will own our asses soon enough. If our credit rating gets bumped down, we're gonna be in the crapper for a loooooooong time to come.

We keep hearing about a million this, a billion that, a trillion now, a zillion then, etc., etc., etc. Take a look at this interesting site. It really paints a picture & puts into perspective just how BIG a hole this country is really in. So, next time you hear these obscenely big numbers being tossed about by our clueless politicians, you should have a better understanding of the sheer size & scope of what's at stake.

[www.wtfnoway.com]
July 26, 2011 07:30AM
the average "shmuck" paying the freight has
"zero" control over this!. scary!..just sayin'

9h.h.!)
j.t.
July 26, 2011 10:40AM
"Fiat money".

When will folks understand what it REALLY means.
July 26, 2011 12:31PM
With politics as usual Tom do you foresee government calling in precious metals like they did once before? I saw what a government can do to money in Italy before they were under the Euro..... man their currency wasnt good for much. I dont like that everything now days is just bank transfers..... when investments are down your money is just gone based on whose say so?... poof.

Dew
July 26, 2011 09:33PM
My favorite comment:

"Raising the Debt Ceiling is kind of like increasing Blood Alcohol Levels to Solve Drunk Driving."
July 27, 2011 12:27AM
Washington is full of criminals.
I wonder if the general public will ever awake out of their slumber long enough to know what is going on.
July 27, 2011 07:43AM
Crosby Wrote:
> My favorite comment:
>
> "Raising the Debt Ceiling is kind of like
> increasing Blood Alcohol Levels to Solve Drunk
> Driving."

interesting comment! "food for thought!"
maybe similar to someone having to go "backwards"
in order to go "forward" hmmm! (lol!)
July 27, 2011 07:47AM
Steve(MS) Wrote:
> Washington is full of criminals.
> I wonder if the general public will ever awake out
> of their slumber long enough to know what is going
> on.

most people ARE aware of the shenanigans in washington,
the sad irony is that "apathy" is rampant in our society unfortunately!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 27, 2011 02:21PM
We just dont know how to stage those huge marches you used to see back in the 60's. We elect people who we believe will make decisions based on the people.... but end up be a pawn for lobbyist and more experienced politicians. You have to be rich anymore or be backed by big money to play in the game.... they loose focus of the poor person just getting by. They worry about the militia and civil unrest.... but until we start reacting to their stupid games much like they are in the middle east where thousands are showing their dissatisfaction it going to be politics as usual. Its a sad state if they let this default happen just because both sides are stubborn during an election year. That would be pure stupid based on the financial implications. But.... doubling the national debt without curving spending is like a blank check to an alcoholic.

Dew
July 27, 2011 07:18PM
Ever feel like: You are a puppet in a rich mans game?

It appears this administration is under the belief of: We shall tax our way into prosperity.

It would be very difficult (yet possible)....that the government would revert back to 1934 FDR status by implimenting a 'illegal for citizens to own gold' status again.
July 27, 2011 09:57PM
When it was illegal for US citizens to own gold, it was still legal to own mined gold ( nuggets, an mine it ), gold jewelry and numismatic gold coins. The world would have to make it illegal to own gold, to prevent smuggling .
Back in the 1960s when gold was $35.00 an ounce in tis country, I knew a miner wo took a trip to mexico every few months to sell his gold.
July 27, 2011 11:49PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> We just dont know how to stage those huge marches
> you used to see back in the 60's. We elect
> people who we believe will make decisions based on
> the people.... but end up be a pawn for lobbyist
> and more experienced politicians. You have to be
> rich anymore or be backed by big money to play in
> the game.... they loose focus of the poor person
> just getting by. They worry about the militia
> and civil unrest.... but until we start reacting
> to their stupid games much like they are in the
> middle east where thousands are showing their
> dissatisfaction it going to be politics as usual.
> Its a sad state if they let this default happen
> just because both sides are stubborn during an
> election year. That would be pure stupid based on
> the financial implications. But.... doubling the
> national debt without curving spending is like a
> blank check to an alcoholic.
>
> Dew

china is "laughing" at us! they won't "devalue" their currency!
given the present state of affairs, would you?
people are forced to buy the "crap" they send over here,
and of course,it just drives up our indebtedness to that country!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 11:56PM by jmaryt.
July 28, 2011 12:40AM
Feel free to boycott General Electric (GE) products. They are completely moving their medical x-ray equipment mfg from Wisconsin to China. Plus they are investing 2 billion dollars in building the chinese mfg facilities. What's the matter.....the U.S. not good enough for them. The U.S. citizens & gov't made them rich......this is how G.E. repays us. Does the F word fit GE. You bet it does!!!!!
Oh......and the current G.E. CEO is a real good buddy (supporter) of Obama.
I think the day is coming.....when it gets real bad....and it will........the citizens are going to demand that U.S. companies that do their mfg outside the U.S. will no longer be allowed to operate as U.S. corporations....they will either have to bring mfg home......or register as a foreign corporations.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 12:55AM by TerraDigger.
July 28, 2011 12:53AM
People push these companies overseas by asking for more profits on their investments. They are happy to say ... look how much GE is making me. Then there is that deer in the headline look when you tell them great.... how long those investments going to last when you are out of a job.

Dew