Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dangerous Times

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dangerous Times
September 29, 2010 01:19AM
Red Flag = For the 1st time in history.......spot gold prices closed above the $1300.00 mark today. This is a critical indices of extreme instability.....on a international 'human race' basis. This can/will cause socio/civil unrest. What we DON'T know...may hurt us.
Re: Dangerous Times
September 29, 2010 04:15AM
I do not doubt that...I am glad however I invested in gold a few years ago, my portfolio is finally doing something besides losing money. I find it so ironic how all these so called financial experts having been saying not to invest in commodities like precious metals because their so "unstable", and how you should invest in big businesses that are even more "unstable" and greater risk.
Just my 2 cents worth.
September 29, 2010 04:30AM
if you believe the current economic climate is bad here,imagine what 'suffering"
is being endured in other countries where "abject" poverty is present on an unprecedented scale!
we must get this "beast" under control,the well being of the entire world depends on this!

(h.h!)
j.t.
September 29, 2010 10:53AM
Right, exactly. History has tought our government nothing. Look at any society in history that had a "fiat currency" money system and they ALL have failed. The dollar will be no different.
September 29, 2010 12:05PM
Correct.

I/we have witnessed governments collapse...........monetary systems collapse...........social systems collapse..........banks collapse..........countries collapse etc.............

But have never witnessed gold or silver collapse.

What is interesting; Today, it takes about $1300 of these 'units'.....to acquire 1-Oz of that unit. A few years ago.......it only took about $380 of these units to acquire the exact same 1-Oz of THAT unit. "THAT" unit has never changed. One Oz of gold ... is ... one Oz of gold.......and will always be one Oz of gold. Everything around it will fluctuate.....................but, the one Oz of gold will always remain the same. And a 5000-year old 'one Oz' of gold......or a new 'one Oz' of gold ......are exactly the same. Physics is physics.................but....................."fiat beliefs" (human emotional securities/insecurities) are what's on a wild roller-coaster ride (sometimes termed: speculation).

Of note: I'm not sure if I would want to exchange my (time-proven... solid asset) 1-Oz of gold for $1300 of those unstable......nearly worthless 'other' units. Is there really a financial 'gain'???! ............ Perception inflection! (Some may call it 'hedging'...............I call it 'emotional "betting"').

Tom
September 29, 2010 04:43PM
the far reaching implications of this economic "devastation"
cannot be over stated,with the value of gold approaching
"unsustainable" levels,the time has arrived for "policy shifting" to commence!
we "must act" or bear witness to world economic collapse!

(h.h!)
j.t.
September 29, 2010 07:22PM
I'm listening and watching.
Tri
September 29, 2010 09:25PM
Tom, Are you inferring we should go back on the gold standard ? I am no economist though I have heard rumblings......... Tri
If I may borrow a phrase for the global warming crowd....
September 29, 2010 09:49PM
Given the financial conditons the country is in all it will take is some kind of natural disaster for us to reach a 'tipping point' that will cause total collapse. Nothing so minor as another Katrina, perhaps something like an EMP burst from the sun that knocks out our archaic electrical grid. No food, no water, no transportation. Total chaos will ensue!

Tom Z

BTW I do not believe in the 2012 Mayan calendar thing but I do believe in things that from a scientific and historical view can happen. Losing our electrical grid is not a remote possibility. Unless it is upgraded and soon it is almost a certainty.
September 30, 2010 12:36AM
So we should either buy gold now or... not buy gold now.

Good!

We are entering a time of either reset or big time change for the wprse... read: one world government/monitary system. I prefer to regain our God given rights of Livfe, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness... the man given and assumed rights like the right to healthcare, right to housing, right to a fair wage, right to food, and all the other rights that come with government entitlements cause out God given rights to be watered down and even lost. For example just because someone chooses to have children they cannot afford how does that give them the right to come to me for help? They can ask for help but no way should I be forced to help. Whomever takes from Peter to pay Paul can always count on the vote of Paul and that is the root of all our problems.. TAXES and the misuse of money by the government encouraging people to be dependent on government who in turn keeps coming to the people who produce for more and more money to help the "less fortunate".
We would be much better to go back to the days when the unemployed had better have a ,22 and somewhere they can go shoot a rabbit so they can eat.

Brother Dave Gardner had a good line: "When a man is down, kick him... it may make him want to get back up!"

Gold will correct itself if we correct ourselves... Marx was wrong!!! Bigtime wrong!!

J
Bull market cycles
September 30, 2010 02:16AM
Over the last 100 or so years, bull markets last about 17 years. In the early 1980's,the bull market in equities { stocks} started and topped out in 2000. The commodity bull started at that time, and we are 10 years into it.
If past history repeats its self, Gold, silver, oil ,etc will top out around 2016-2017. Market experts { Im no expert} expect gold to top out at $5.000 to $ 10,000 per ounce! Silver usually hits 1/15th of what gold hits.
Whats interesting is silver is in extremely tight supply. The government and banks have no stock piles of silver. And currently silver is 1/60 th of the price of silver. Silver has alot of catching up to do. Buy silver if you can , dont sell your silver coins, and enjoy the ride. The last year of a bull market, the prices go nuts. When you see that , get ready to sell.
link
September 30, 2010 02:26AM
[news.goldseek.com]

been reading Dr Willie for the last 5 years. He is well connected, and quite accurate in whats coming down the pipe.
Re: Bull market cycles
September 30, 2010 02:26AM
It would be impossible.........but........yes............we should go back on to silver/gold standard.
Tri
September 30, 2010 03:28AM
I have noted in my lifetime, a few disastrous ideas that have come to fruition orchestrated by a number of greedy individuals, notably NAFTA, CAFTA, etc.
As the 18 yrs. since have proven, Americans have lost jobs, and many third world countries have prospered notably China. Loads of double talk have attempted to cajole the public into thinking all these cheap goods are good for America. How can astronomical unemployment be good for a nation?, What good are cheap goods when the masses do not have jobs to pay for them, only a few GREEDY individuals really prosper. Seems to me the real evil is GREED. What ever happened to the country I used to stand and say the pledge of allegiance to? A COUNTRY DIVIDED CANNOT STAND. Tri.
September 30, 2010 12:45PM
Federal Reserve: Created on Dec 23, 1913 (during Christmas stand-down/break), Jekyll Island by the top 7.

"Federal" = To imply 'Government'...........or.... at least Quasi-Government. (It is not).
"Reserve" = To imply: Fort Knox (As of 1974......no such thing).

Federal Reserve is a private bank; subsequently; notes are private bank notes. Federal Reserve has no policing agency/authority.....only that the Chairman is appointed by President.

Fiat money with little/no public 'understanding' (or education).

John F. Kennedy publically demanded we stay on silver standard (ie Silver Certificates). Very shortly thereafter....he was assassinated.

Extremely grave/dangerous politics; that affects ALL.
Tri
September 30, 2010 01:54PM
Tom, found a very relevant video I believe we all should watch, validates everything you have stated. [www.apfn.org] (History of the Federal Reserve (Money Masters)) Tri

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 02:24PM by Tri.
September 30, 2010 02:38PM
The feds want to get more of the pie by requiring the reporting of all purchases by small business or self emplyed that add up to $600 per year starting Jan 2012. It doesn't have to be a $600 sale, just the small business buys enough to add up to $600 in a year.
If you sell small amounts of coins or jewelry to a dealer, the feds will know how much and make sure you pay income tax on it. Not sure how this applies to "healthcare reform" but it was part of the new Obamacare bill. [island-adv.com]
October 01, 2010 12:30AM
If interstate commerce shut down......and Federal Reserve notes became worthless.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, could you survive.
October 01, 2010 01:01AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If interstate commerce shut down......and Federal
> Reserve notes became
> worthless.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, could
> you survive.

Absolutely... I know where the spring is and I have both hunting and defense guns... and I know edible plants in the area. I should stock up on rice and dried beans... and keep extra dogfood.

I do not have to open a can to eat like many these days. The only thing I worry about is accessing my meds.. I try to always fill 5 days early on everything, you can do that, pretty soon you begin to build a little stock.

I buy junk silver when I can, I wish I could afford to buy gold in enough quantity to make a difference but if gold goes to 10k an ounce how much would that 10k buy if you sold it? Isn't is all relative? One thing about buying junk silver (pre 1965 quarters and dimes) is that they are much easier to spend if you need to. Gold is good for saving wealth but not so good for spending... not as easy as silver anyway.

J
October 01, 2010 09:26PM
Julien,

You are EXACTLY on the right track. Dry-stores are very good to keep on hand. Peas/beans/rice/oats/dry cereal..........matches..........extra propane for grill.........salt & water........basic fishing gear...........the list goes on...............ammo
October 03, 2010 01:40AM
In times of unpresidented economic instability, which would you choose...1oz. of gold or an 8oz. bottled water? I'm afraid instability IS coming!
October 03, 2010 04:38AM
coming?..(hot damn) it's already here!..checked commodity prices lately?
unfortunately,some VERY "pissed off" people in this country right now!
October 03, 2010 04:04PM
In history........back in extreme depressed times (more era's/cases than 1929 - 1935 depression)........you could not eat your gold coin......and you could not eat your silver coin.......but they made for EXTREME portability...and in a fashion EVERYONE could communicate.......................every time, every country......................since human existence.
October 03, 2010 09:45PM
Wait until those people in the inner city start spreading out into the burbs when the delivery system breaks down and they have no way to eat without opening a can or box... If you live in a community out in the burbs you had better be prepared to protect yourself and face the consequences later... dead men cannot complain, nor can they defend themselves and their family.
Shotguns are always good... claymores are better but I don't know how to get them.

We are living in a house of cards and all it would take is a real fuel shortage to bring it all down because if the trucks can't move, stores can't be stocked, and people will panic and do things we never imagined.

Never make the mistake of thinking that the police are here to protect you... they will tell you that there is nothing they can do if a crime has not been comitted, to call them if something happens... good luck in a real crisis.

J
October 04, 2010 05:07AM
unfortunately these people have ALREADY started to move!..house breaks are up all over the country!
"smart" play IS to call the cops,however,GENERALLY when that is done,it's too late!..the "NASTY"
has already been committed!....shotgun?..nice 'close range" weapon to have handy..ya just do not know!
you do have the constitutional right to protect yourself,and your family members!
Tri
July 18, 2011 10:01PM
In approx. 10 months when Tom started this thread, gold is now over $ 1600 USD (Oz) , can we say recent govt. leaders remarks play a part ??

Tri

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 10:02PM by Tri.
July 18, 2011 10:53PM
With Bernake (Fed Reserve Puppet) at the helm............who's sole purpose is accelerate the economic collapse.............what other results would you expect except the one we are currently experiencing.
A 3rd year economics student could do a better job.........but then, the student's goal would not be to hasten economic collapse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 11:10PM by TerraDigger.
July 18, 2011 11:55PM
Personally being an old military guy... i believe Sun Tzu is being applied by China. Find a weakness and approach that weak spot... never approach a stronger enemy head on. Ive been watching and reading China is and has been buying gold for some time now... everything they can get. We are engaged in on to many fronts and our current weakness is our economy. It would be a shame to loose a war and never fire a shot. There is a different train of thought going on..... IE we like the game of chess where we start with many players and end with a few... they play a game of GO which starts with few players and gain to win. The next month or so will surely make a difference in how our children have to live.... and will affect us retirees immediately.

Dew
July 19, 2011 12:03AM
"The next twenty years will be nothing like the last twenty years."
July 19, 2011 12:56AM
I'm watching that gold price VERY closely (and silver). Stunning; yet, the price in a few months may have us thinking that $1600 and $40 'was' cheap.