Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dangerous Times

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Dangerous Times
August 23, 2011 12:53AM
August 23, 2011 02:12AM
Good catch.......... painful info.

Gold is nearly $1900/Oz ...... and seems to be jumping $100/Oz every 5 - 7 days. Is the (general public) world starting to figure out what 'fiat' truly means!?!?
August 23, 2011 03:27AM
GDP.

Generally Dumb Public.
August 23, 2011 05:29PM
There gos gold again takin a dump.
Up down up down...it's starting to get parabolic.
Silver needs to start moving...
August 23, 2011 10:34PM
one thing, we just went through a couple of bubbles, could we have a gold bubble too, and when it pops, how far will it drop???
August 24, 2011 12:04AM
I don't think you'll have to worry about Gold being a "bubble".

At least, not for a long, long, time.

Its not like Gold is worth more, its just that your dollar is worth much less.
August 24, 2011 12:23AM
Its not like Gold is worth more, its just that your dollar is worth much less. BINGO!!!!!!
September 06, 2011 09:58AM
In 1971, Gold was $35/Oz.

........ Now........ Silver is $35/Oz. (and far exceeded).

((( Dead dollar )))
September 06, 2011 01:27PM
Wait until September and QE3. I think you'll see more growth in both gold AND silver.
September 06, 2011 08:08PM
Tom, you gave the July price. It's at roughly $42 oz now! Gold is closing in on $1900 oz. When I started looking at silver and gold they were around $5 and $350 oz. respectively. It wasn't all that long ago.

I remember reading a while back on how many ounces of gold it took to buy a house. That number hadn't changed as of a few years ago. Really, if you think of the dollar going down. Yeah, it's going down but that's cause they "print" so much so it takes more of them to buy one ounce of gold (and some other reasons - more debt, bad ratings, etc.) I think the price of gold and silver gives people a realistic perspective of what truly is happening to their money system. I just doubt many people really are aware of it.

I really do wonder where this is going to go...
August 25, 2013 07:09PM
looks like precious metals are going up again.
August 25, 2013 10:54PM
I still retain the same deep concern in regards to 'run-away' spot-gold prices. Just can't predict the 'when'.
August 26, 2013 11:19AM
Hmmm... 'run-away' gold prices??? I'll worry a little when that happens.

NASA-Tom
Red Flag = For the 1st time in history.......spot gold prices closed above the $1300.00 mark today. This is a critical indices of extreme instability.....on a international 'human race' basis. This can/will cause socio/civil unrest. What we DON'T know...may hurt us.

The 'when' may be a hundred or thousand years. I'll go detecting sometime this week and not think about the price of gold once... but i'm not a glass-half-full guy.

Last week Limbaugh mocked a college professor who was predicting the slow decline of the USA for reasons different from what Rush was promoting. Its funny how both guys advance the pessimistic view, for entirely opposite motives, but both discuss reasons that are related to the control of currency.

More on that later...
August 27, 2013 12:01AM
"The Blip"

[nymag.com]

A sobering look into the crystal ball...
August 27, 2013 12:16PM
Rebs, rather than worry, position your investment portfolio, and profit from it.
August 27, 2013 03:16PM
Holding physical gold and silver outside the banking system is a hedge agasint currency debasement and political unrest. It is NOT an investment that will produce dividends or high capital gains.

Plan accordingly.
Tri
Manipulation..?
August 27, 2013 05:21PM
August 27, 2013 08:22PM
Hard times indeed, the Federal Reserve will not even give Germany its gold back. They wont even let them see it or touch it. What is going on here?
August 27, 2013 08:50PM
Last I heard the US misplaced/lost it (more likely spent), and will give it back ASAP, it's crazy. ; )
August 28, 2013 06:45PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last I heard the US misplaced/lost it (more likely
> spent), and will give it back ASAP, it's crazy. ;
> )

Yeah in 2020. They should get charged interest from Germany for those 7 years LOL