Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A few Blisstool V6 hunts in pounded sites--commentary

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A few Blisstool V6 hunts in pounded sites--commentary
November 22, 2015 12:03AM
Well the last couple days I've been hunting a few pounded sites with my new detector. These sites were heavily pounded many times by myself with various settings using White's V3i, Minelab etrac with stock coil, 10x12 sef, 6x8 sef, and 5" sunray--CTX with stock coil, Xp deus with both 9 and 11" coils, and the Makro Racer with stock and small OOR coil and F75LTD and LTD2 with stock and small coil.

In a total of 4 sites I was able to find at least one coin (copper or small silver) in all with the Blisstool V6 with stock coil. I hunted these sites first with Blisstool in soil mode and didn't make a single coin discovery. But ORE mode (fine GB setting level 5), using it is when I make the coin finds. And to mention I haven't hunted the 4 sites in their totality yet with Blisstool in this configuration.

I need to say, these 4 sites haven't given up a coin for me in 2 years and a couple of them are hunted by others as well.

Here's the deal, would you beleive all the coins I found in the sites were on edge??? That's right all on edge.
Most were in the 7-8" depth range.

And most when I tried to dig based on where the tone was coming from---I missed the target. Remember this detector doesn't have a pinpoint function.

I was running for the most part ORE mode with the disc switch in position #1. And some of the targets (coins) when running in the disc switch position 1---if I went out of ORE mode into soil mode going to gain setting of 2, the target would vanish.

Now these sites contain moderate to heavy nails.

I did dig some iron buckles. They sounded pretty good 4 way signals---not much static, but you could hear a bit of nuance in the tone reflecting iron. I could be wrong in saying this, but I compared my Deus with 11" coil in various settings to all targets but 1. Seems the Blisstool likes iron if it has a hole in it better than Deus, but the Deus likes round iron better with or without a hole.

On all the coins I dug, all except one, Deus was a NO GO on tone with many settings tried. One coin did give a faint if you listened sound if approached/swept from the right angle/place.

Now hunting with this detector with stock coil in heavy iron in Soil mode----when you go to ORE mode, night and day difference. Iron not near as sparky and machines runs very good- even with stock coil.

I need to put some more time in on the small coil so I can maybe see how it compares and performs.

So far though I like what I see with the stock coil performance.

Cheers
Re: A few Blisstool V6 hunts in pounded sites--commentary
November 22, 2015 03:40AM
Outstanding report David,

Sounds like your soil is much better than mine. Yeah, I hear you Ore mode reduces masking from ground conditions it'll enhance those weak signals on edge or tough masked signals.

But out in cleaner areas or low mineralized ground regular soil mode may be best, more depth for sure no other VLF of mine comes close.

I'm still sold on the new smaller coil, for my ground the smaller coil is perfect. Under right conditions hands down my best coil combo VLF setup for relic hunting.

Great report David,
Paul
November 22, 2015 03:56AM
Yeah Paul this ORE mode, seems if high conductor is close to iron/nail it has a greater chance to sound off. But in Soil mode is disc discrimate pos 1 a no go or sometimes a clipped signal--sounds like iron. But if I change the dis switch to 2 or 3 sometimes I'll get tone (but I have little idea of the target's conductivity).

I need to perform a few more test with small coil, and see if the difference factor is indeed as great using it vs the stock coil.

I think I've seen enough already to say. Anyone considering a Blisstool---they should strongly consider V6 over a V5, even if they elect to only get the stock coil vs the smaller or the 15"er coil.

In ORE mode to me the V6 sounds a whole lot like the Deus.

I even ran both over the same small iron ridden patch yesterday 20' by 20'. They sounded very similar ---Deus disc set at 6.8...
And yes Paul I can see with your it seems red hot soil, where the smaller coil would be quieter while still trying to push the gain.

BTW my soil here I caterorize as weak 4 bar soil----based on my F75 and how many pumps of the coil it takes to get the 4 bars.

Cheers
David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2015 04:07AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 22, 2015 04:45AM
David, that's what I enjoy about our hunts together...may only get together a few times a year but you yet to have a car load of detectors and are forever more trying and testing I've noticed. I learn a great deal from picking your brain. Was you able to see if tone played a role as well? Min vs max or anywhere in between?
November 22, 2015 05:14AM
Tom,
I had tone on 7 and left it there. Also O on the silencer.

Tom you should consider trying this. Since I don't have a V5. Get with Bill with his V6 and compare your V5---both set to 0 gain. A good place to try this experiment is the second site we hunted the first time we met. I suspect your V5 will be hotter sounding on the iron vs the V6 at min gain. (and the ground as well)

I don't know exactly what is going on with the ORE mode---but it makes the coil act different, and not just recovery speed either.

I'll bet I can take my V6 with stock coil into the site I recommended above and still pull finds---and many of them will be more than 6" deep---out of reach of Racer/F75.

For coin hunting or looking for silver jewelry, and even say nickels/gold coins at deeper depths---V6 ORE using disc switch pos 1 is without a doubt will outperform a V5.
And this jsut based on my stock coil experiences in the field/test thus far.

Will the smaller coil have the same great advantage???? I don't know yet---but time will tell.

Something else worth mentioning. It's been said the difference in depth with the Racer between 2 tone and 3 tone in highly mineralized ground ---not much difference vs mild(er) ground.

I highly suspect in the real hot ground----depth differences between ORE mode and soil mode much closer vs mild(er) ground.

I also suspect say using the stock coil in 5 bar ground, in soil mode V6 will hit a 58 deeper vs ORE mode--but cut the 58 in half, ORE mode may hit it as deep as soil mode. And some of the small buck balls may hit deeper in ORE mode vs Soil mode. And in this hot soil, I would suspect even smaller targets would hit better or deeper with small coil---with some of the same differences noted between ORE mode and soil mode as noted above with stock coil.

Something I haven't checked.

I need to see how the V6 responds to say both a 58 and a 69 cal when using Disc switch pos #1. If the bullets will tone in----using disc switch pos 1 could be a secret weapon for hunting them in trashy sites. Granted on older sites/fields disc switch pos 3 would rule the roost.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2015 05:44AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 22, 2015 05:36AM
Tom, I hope someday we can all get together for a hunt. Would be so cool getting out with you and David, Currently, I'm the only Blisstool user in my area. My local Blisstool bunting buddy went back east for work so I won't be seeing him for a while, that would be great to meet with you guys.

HH, Paul
November 22, 2015 08:35AM
David that is one of the trashiest spot I know of, even after they took the dozer in and scraped the top. The Raser with OOR sure did shine in there. Most were not deep at all. I have seen folks try to hunt it in the past just to turn and go to another area....I was one of them. If I remember right "1" would give a tone depending on depth for the 58, 69 a little better but still depth was a factor in giving a broken tone. I'll get with Bill and see if he wants to take the v6 in there. Would be interesting to compare targets with each using our setup for hunting.

Paul, I wish. That would be a good time.
November 23, 2015 01:59AM
Say there TNSS, nice write up there. I know there is a boost or turbo mode on the V4-V6s. Have you tried that yet and if you did, is there much of a difference with it activated vs not activated? If you are in the ore mode will boost work? Not quite sure how the descrim toggle works. Do this toggle have a bearing as to how well it works depending on where you set the DL and DD? You talk about using position 1 most of the time but where would you use position 2 or 3 descrim toggle? Maybe mild soil or less iron in ground. Thanks, Steve
November 23, 2015 02:49AM
David, Got out today for a few hours. Run some test between Deus and V6 on separation, used square nails... Both were pretty darn close but when I did the final test placing two square nails directly on top of a ccopper penny the Deus couldn't detect the penny either direction, but the V6 could get it clearly one direction and surprisingly even soil mode was getting the masked penny.... Just to make sure, even ran the V6 coil over the nails with no penny and it discriminated out the nails.

My settings on the V6 were, (DL 3) (DD 10) (Gain Min) (Freq Max) (Tone Min) (Disc Toggle 3) (Ground Fine 3) (Silenced Off). Threshold and Course GB will vary site to site so I didn't list those settings, also found when increasing recovery speed from Fine GB knob from 3 to 1 the penny signal was enhanced.... Hands down blew the Deus away on separation from the iron masking.

However, Do want to mention in some areas because of the enhanced separation the V6 may dig more iron such as rusted tin and such. I seen this out in gold country a few months ago, so there is a price to pay with enhance seeing though iron masking abilities.

Loving the V6V more and more. And still like the Deus too!

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2015 02:51AM by Old California.
November 23, 2015 03:06AM
glasartisan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Say there TNSS, nice write up there. I know there
> is a boost or turbo mode on the V4-V6s. Have you
> tried that yet and if you did, is there much of a
> difference with it activated vs not activated? If
> you are in the ore mode will boost work? Not quite
> sure how the descrim toggle works. Do this toggle
> have a bearing as to how well it works depending
> on where you set the DL and DD? You talk about
> using position 1 most of the time but where would
> you use position 2 or 3 descrim toggle? Maybe mild
> soil or less iron in ground. Thanks, Steve

I have not played with the turbo function much, but intend to shortly. And I'm curiuos about it. For example does it add more inground depth detection, or does it allow for more coil height above ground---or a combination of both. I do think it can be used to offset EMI of sorts---meaning running lower gain and get back maybe some of your lost depth.

This detector when it comes to discrimination is a bit complicated compared to most others.

I'll try to shed light on this---but remember I'm a greenie with this detector--this line of detectors.

First the disc setting---has adjustment from 0-10, and at O is all metal heard, and at 10 nails/iron and small foils disc out. So the middle settings like 4-6 seem to knock out the small iron/nails.

Disc Depth setting---has adjustment from 0-10. And this is probably the hardest setting to describe on this detector. It seems ground mineralization plays a part in where this needs to be set---so the smaller and larger targets can be located at different depths.
And this setting works in conjunction with the disc setting.

Some examples of how it works. When set to level 9 in conjunction with a disc level setting of 4. In medium to medium high mineralized soil (my soil generally) with stock coil ferrrous will be rejected even at deeper depths. If you lower this setting to say 7 nails for example will give a dig me tone i.e. 8". And a lower setting of say 5 the nails will tone in even at shallower depths.

I've found in my soil a setting of 9 seems to work well.

The disc switch setting I keep referring to.

This disc switch has 3 positions. Position 3 lets all nonferrous come through.
Position 2 lets things that are slightly more conductive come through.
Position 1 lets the higher conductors come through.
Now using positions 1 and 2 there is a catch though. An example, with a disc level set at 5, and disc depth set at 9.....Using position 1 (high conductors) A dime will sing at all depths from 0 thru maybe 12 or 13" --maybe deeper, depending on soil/gain level (non turbo).
But if you say bury a nickel (low conductor) with the settings above---it too will sound----but this same nickel buried at 6" for example will not sound. But as the depth deepens it will sound off. So using this setup, most can slaw, pull tabs etc for say the first approx 6" or so. So in a trashy site this can be useful. Should add big aluminum like cnas seems to be blanked for several inches maybe like 15" or so. I haven't dug any deep aluminum cans yet using it lol..

A note though---using position 1 and disc/disc depth settings to blank the shallower junk-----there is a bit of depth sacrificed--meaning using position 2 or even 3 would yield somewhat more depth---but I find this sort of mute as the V6 is very deep. Also using this position 1 of the auto disc switch setting, deeper higher and lower conductors can produce a more clipped/shorter tone sometimes.
And if a person wants to, say in a modern site with few targets, you could run disc switch in position 2 or 3, and when a target is acquired switch to position 1 and draw a conclusion about a discovered target.

Also using the disc 1 switch position I should point out---this based on my use/test. If hunting in and around iron it's possible a high conductor any reasonable depth or deeper lower conductor to be masked by adjacent iron----these same masked targets (with disc switch positon 1 used ) can be brought to light tone wise----by going to disc switch position 2 or 3 (with position 3 yielding the higher probability). But in this situation you wouldn't have a clue as to the conductivity of the target--say junk vs copper/silver coin.

But then there is the ORE mode---this function is basically attained by setting gain knob below 1--or 0.
Doing this speeds up the recovery of the machine----and from my use/test it does something else. In moderately to heavy iron even with the stock coil---detector seems to handle/reject iron/nails very effectively---sounds to me alot like a XP Deus. Remember all the comments above apply to my stock coil useage of Blisstool V6 detector.

Now the targets I talked about above being masked when I had disc switch position to #1 position, in ORE mode many of these targets will come to light signifying they are high conductors.

To give a little more info/examples. Disc level 5, Disc depth 9,
Using disc switch position 1------knocks out nickels, gold jewelry, zincolns, shotgun shell etc-----but at deeper depths they will come through.

Now I'm not going to probably ever say the Blisstool would is or should be a person's dedicated coin hunter unit-----actuallly far from it.
But if used skillfully----it can at times pull a few finds from sites hard hunted by other detectors.

And last I will say some folks attained the V3 units some time back and were dissapointed.
I read were the disc on the V5 and V6 is set up different/changed. I don't know the truth or specifics, but so far I like the V6 and stock coil configutation.

I played some today with the smaller coil on the V6, but don't have enough info and time on it to render a good honest opinion yet. More to come on it though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2015 03:20AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 23, 2015 03:51AM
Steve, as a relic hunter mainly I use toggle 3. 1-2 can be used to check a target but to hunt mainly in one would be a special type hunt...for example like David spoke of for coin hunting silvers. Toggle one for my type hunting would disc out a lot of what I would like to find.

David your right that the v3 put a bad taste in folks mouth and due to that, others don't want to try the 5-6. I have several units like most and depending on the area or what I'm after will determine what is used for that site.
November 23, 2015 03:52AM
Old California Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> David, Got out today for a few hours. Run some
> test between Deus and V6 on separation, used
> square nails... Both were pretty darn close but
> when I did the final test placing two square nails
> directly on top of a ccopper penny the Deus
> couldn't detect the penny either direction, but
> the V6 could get it clearly one direction and
> surprisingly even soil mode was getting the masked
> penny.... Just to make sure, even ran the V6 coil
> over the nails with no penny and it discriminated
> out the nails.
>
> My settings on the V6 were, (DL 3) (DD 10) (Gain
> Min) (Freq Max) (Tone Min) (Disc Toggle 3) (Ground
> Fine 3) (Silenced Off). Threshold and Course GB
> will vary site to site so I didn't list those
> settings, also found when increasing recovery
> speed from Fine GB knob from 3 to 1 the penny
> signal was enhanced.... Hands down blew the Deus
> away on separation from the iron masking.
>
> However, Do want to mention in some areas because
> of the enhanced separation the V6 may dig more
> iron such as rusted tin and such. I seen this out
> in gold country a few months ago, so there is a
> price to pay with enhance seeing though iron
> masking abilities.
>
> Loving the V6V more and more. And still like the
> Deus too!
>
> Paul

Some good info Paul.
I used the small coil today in a site. I'm not clicking with it like I am the stock coil.
One thing I notice, using stock coil in ORE mode--could be my imagination but it seems once you get to Fine GB setting of 5 (max depth) any higher setting no gain in performance depth.

But with small coil seems some additional depth is possible in ORE mode with settings greater than 5.
Today that's how I ran the small coil--at Fine GB setting 5 in ORE mode. It seems to me though in heavy iron this may not be the smartest thing to do----iron seems a bit more sparky vs Stock coil useage.
Will try Fine GB setting of 3 and see how things go.

Cheers
November 24, 2015 01:55AM
Tom and David,

Got out today with more testing, On this round spent more time with the V5 and Deus. Was on a mission to tame down the V5 so the recovery speed was similar to the Deus, wasn't too hard but got the V5 to do extremely well and in fact it was out doing the Deus on one iron test. Other test were so close both fared about the same on separation, but the last test the V5 was slightly better seeing through iron.

Tom, here's my settings with the V5. (Gain-Min) (Freq-Max) (DD-10) (DL-3) (Disc Toggle-3) (Auto Zone-3) (Man Ground Mode) (Manual Ground balance) (Silencer off) (Tone off).

What's great is the V5 with it's lowest settings will come close to a V6 in Ore mode, not quite but it'll give the Deus a good run and auctally with proper settings out perform the Deus. However, With the V5 the new smaller coil us needed to help tame her down.

Another feature to reduce sensitivity on the V5 would be the Silencer feature, only use this if your want to greatly reduce performance but you may loose those weaker signals. You may not need to use the Silencer feature, but it's there if ground conditions call for it.

So, With proper settings the V5 can work in areas laced with iron. It's coming together now, starting to see both strengths with the V5 & V6.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 01:59AM by Old California.
November 24, 2015 02:16AM
Paul,
Were you using a high conductor or low conductor with the nails in your testing???

BTW,
Went to a CW site today for a little while.
Was able to run gain at 3 with stock coil----purred like a kitten even under power lines.

Didn't find much--the back of a button, some small copper items--don't know if they are CW related or not.

And make no mistake folks---I hit these small copper items in ORE mode gain 0, fine GB level 5. These items sounded like they were maybe 3-4 inches down, but in fact around 8" down--banging signal.

And the find of the day LOL---I get this monster signal--sorta seemed small in size, in soil mode gain setting 3. I could get this target with the coil 6" off the ground. After digging a while I see something shiny in the bottom of the hole----I measured using my shovel----16" deep, turned out to be a vienna sauage can.

I did find another object, don't know what it is. I may post the pics and let folks see if they can recognize.
I'm not the sharpest arrow in the quiver when it comes to CW finds ID...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 02:40AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 24, 2015 03:03AM
Hello Tom,

WTG with today's hunt, and 16" inches for that can wow that is deep!

I use a copper penny for testing, iron tends to drag down the conductivity so using a higher conductive target for testing alows me to stack several or larger pieces of iron to enhance the masking.

Congrats with today's digs, you're doing great thanks for sharing.

Paul
November 24, 2015 03:25AM
Yeah Paul,

When I did my testing---seemed Deus would outdo V6 with lower conductors----but with a higher conductor i.e. clad dime/copper penny, V6 seemed to have the edge. Deus in 8khz loses its separation ability quite a bit vs 18khz.

The blisstool platform built on the 8khz freq-----this is the why behind it I believe.

And forgot to say this button back I dug today----looking at the plug, on edge.
And I checked on one of the small coppen finds as well today---on edge as well.
Didn't check the others.

And this area I was at today, has been hunted hard over the years.
I think I'm starting to see a pattern---- I'm leaning to the fact Blisstool V6 in ORE mode for whatever reason is seeing flat shaped nonferrous items when on edge--better than my other detectors.
And the funny thing about this----most of the items I'm digging in hard hunted sites----I after patiently Xing the target from multiple angles to try and make an educated guess as to where to dig---I miss most of the time, and when this happens most of the time it's a flat shaped nonferrous i.e coin, button back, pull tab on edge at what I would call fairly deep depths approx 8".

Of course more time with the detector in some more sites,,,,may prove this theory anyway for me to be true...

I feel now after using one of these detectors, I am detecting perhaps in another stratosphere of sorts.
A real pounded site kind of machine.
November 24, 2015 04:21AM
Thanks there Tom41 for adding that info on where you run the descrim toggle. What if you turn down your DL to 1 and DD to 5 and still set the descrim toggle at 1. Is that still too much descrim for relic hunting? Or just turn off DD and DL all together and run the descrim toggle at 1?
Very nice reporting TNSS. Thanks for answering the questions. I was one of several who bought the V3 about 3 years ago and am now a little hesitant about the V6. Mine does not descrim like the V4-V6s do. But does it go deep, deep. No problem with a buried 14 inch quarter. What I didn't like about mine is the overly amount of static emitting from it or falsing. I had to have gain at 1or 0 and threshold at around 3-4 to keep it quiet. I was very anal in making sure that I reground balanced every time I changed a control. Since Im mostly a woods hunter, most of my static interference noise came from every time the coil would bump into small saplings, twigs and or rocks. Or the coil wire got moved and the detector would sound off. Got to be frustrating. Didn't know if that was a good target underneath the sapling or not. I was in the middle of nowhere, no power lines so I knew it wasn't emi noise. I even sent it in to get it checked over. Coil was fine. They just extended the shielding at the point where the coil wire plugs into the control box. Got it back and it was still falsing on twigs and brush. And I feel pretty comfortable with knowing the controls and making sure they are choked back to try and keep this thing quiet. Don't use it much now. The Deus takes its place.
So do you guys, maybe Paul could answer this because I think you had a V3 to compare with. Is the V6 a more tame detector than the V3? I can understand that it will get jittery if around power lines. But out in fields, corn stubble, clogs of dirt, woods with thick brush where you cant help bumping the coil into things like mentioned, is the V6 fairly quiet with minimal falsing and yet can you still run the machine at normal but not too hot of settings? I know I had to turn my V3 way down especially the threshold which does control depth also to get it somewhat not to false all the time. I really like what Im seeing and reading on the V6 but have not heard too much about if it falses like the V3. Thanks guys for any info you might pass on. Steve
November 24, 2015 04:59AM
Well I've run a few flagships detectors. As far as coil noise coming when bumping the coil goes...My White's V3i with stock coil was the worst of the bunch. And my original F75LTD a close second.
Since it was DST upgraded it performs much better, but Fisher may have adjusted or changed out my coil.

I've never had my V6 in any site so far where I could run a gain of at least 2.
Today I could run 3-------this in 3 bar ground that had 3" of rain over it in the last 72 hours---so nice and damp. I would expect in the drier times of the year--on this site I could run higher.

Also I notice when I GB in auto---whatever max gain settings that can be used to balance, when I go to manual I can usually dial the gain up a smidge.

I will say running a gain of 3 threshold of 5---generally where it seems my detector gives the silent hunt. I can actually ride over some pretty tall grass/hay while sweeping and all is quiet.

Now today I was in one portion of this field---had been bushhogged, so stubble was there. And yes every now and then I noticed a little noise on the more violent strikes of the coil against the stubble. But I notice this with all my detectors. I will say though, the Deus with its chattiness--it would be harder to maybe hear when striking the stubble vs a silent search.

I will say, my original F75 was very unstable-----you know where it went???? In the closet, till the upgrade. And the V3i went bye bye...
So what I'm saying is you won't catch me using a detector that is seemingly unstable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 05:02AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 24, 2015 05:25AM
Hello Steve

Yes, I once owned a V3 for a short period before upgrading to the V5. Although I liked the V3 the constant noises from coil cable or coil brushing up against something I didn't like. With the v5, this noise issue was resolved having a much quieter machine and now adnormal noises were from improper settings not from the cable or coil bumped.

The V5 is great, much smoother than the v3. The v6 in soil mode is about equal with the v5 noise wise very smooth, but the v6 in Ore mode quiets down the v6 even more that's because sensitivity is reduced and threshold clams down with silk smooth threshold audio.

When I purchased the V5, believe me that's when I seen a game changer between the v3 & v5. Then, picked up the v6 and that was because of Ore mode new that would be the feature for areas of poor mineralized soil or for areas laced with iron.

However, The V5 can still operate in thick iron. Just need to reduce sensitivity to its lowest setting with zero Gain, Max out DD, DL at 3, boost off and if possible use the smaller coil.

Even with Maximum DD, the v5 & V6 will see through iron with little lost of separation and will auctally help you dig less iron.

HH,
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 05:26AM by Old California.
November 24, 2015 07:03AM
Thx Paul for the info. Will be interested in trying that out next time, should be Wednesday afternoon.

Glas, those settings you mentioned would give you a lot to listen to when swinging over the sites I hunt. Relics can be many things...just depends on the hunter and what they are willing to dig / how much they want to dig lol. Time is the big factor. In a field or woods type hunt with low trash then a DL of 1 would produce more targets but are those targets worth the time....all depends on what you have seen come from that site in the past. If it was a multi tone unit that would change due to other factors you could base your decision on. Maybe after you have stopped finding anything then go back with lower setting and dig the iffies to see what comes out. A DD of 5 not only effects how the iron is reported but also at what depth your looking at to have the iron start to break depending on size. A lot of great iron relics out there but once again how much do you want to dig to find some good saves.

I hunt in toggle 3 because I want to hear it all at first and then make a decision whether to dig or not from there be it switching lower, the size of the target or the sound when pinpointed. I have found when pinpointing I will bring the coil off the target...if the tone drops/stops it is something nonferrous. If you get a good tone but as you are coming off the target to pinpoint and it spits and stutters off the edges of the target it's big iron. You having the v3 may have seen this in the past.

To hunt in toggle 1 just looking for silver coins would be interesting and would make for a great test. Paul may be able to give more on that but you have me wanting to try it. Most of the time when I know I'm wanting go coinshooting I use my CZ3D or Racer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 07:12AM by Tom41.
November 25, 2015 03:40AM
Very good reports that make sense. Thanks guys. Any of you users find that depth gets affected when you are running a high DD like 8 and higher? Or what about the
descrim toggle set at 2 or 3, getting more depth than if it was set on 1?
Low vs high conductors. The Bliss operates at 7.5-8 Khtz. Has anyone determined that if high conductors hit harder than low conductors or vice versa? Maybe both hit the same way. I know when I use to garden test my V3 on a nickel I could get a good signal from it at almost 15 inches buried. Amazing. The Troy 5 was the only other detector that could get it. Steve
November 25, 2015 03:57PM
Hello Steve,

I don't see any loss in depth with using a high DD setting, and I run mine at 10. Plus, no loss of depth using 1 on Toggle Disc. There may be a slight loss but I'm not seeing it, good question though. I'll need to test this with my test garden, seems like I did test this and seen no difference but I'll do it again.

Also, With the Disc Toggle don't use 1 unless I'm at a park searching for deep coins.

HH, Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 04:02PM by Old California.
November 27, 2015 06:34AM
Thanks again Paul, I always look forward to reading about your ventures. Steve