Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deteknix X pointer are they any good?

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deteknix X pointer are they any good?
November 23, 2015 03:05PM
I am thinking about getting one of these and was wondering if any of you have used one. It's a toss up between it and the Propointer AT I have a tendency to leave my Propointer at the last hole I dug and the bright colors of them would benefit me. I'm cheap by nature so that's why the X-pointer has me curious.
Re: Deteknix X pointer are they any good?
November 23, 2015 06:13PM
I put a pistol tether similar to an old style telephone cord (look it up, youngsters) on my PP for water hunting and haven't bothered to take it off. Found I don't mind having my PP attached to me. Maybe that would work for you too on your next one, 88junior.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2015 06:14PM by Champ Ferguson.
November 23, 2015 06:43PM
Some reflective tape works wonders too. I left my PP out overnight once because I could not find it after dusk fell. Lucky for me it was still there the next day. Black is a cool color but not made for happy hunting of lost items.cool smiley

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 23, 2015 06:57PM
This intrigued me:"reflective tape works wonders too. I left my PP out overnight once because I could not find it after dusk fell"

I have retro-reflective tape on my pointer. It's not much use in daylight, but ( in testing, not an actual loss..) once it's dark, a torch / flashlight made it stand out. It helps if you shine the light from close to your head / eyes, rather than holding it down by your waist, etc.

On topic, there's some chat about the Xpointer on this UK Forum:
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]
November 23, 2015 07:34PM
Don't have any first hand experience with the Deteknix, but do have with losing my pinpointer. Somehow got tangled in some brush and it fell out of the holster near dusk/dark. Once I realized it was gone, I had to use the detector to backtrack, and luckily found it pretty quickly...just as darkness sat in.
The irony of using my metal detector to find and pinpoint my pinpointer still makes me shake my head.
smiling smiley
mike
November 23, 2015 09:15PM
I like my Deteknix pinpointer. Gets the job done and has been reliable so far. Doesn't false either, like my old Garrett would.
November 24, 2015 01:17AM
Bought one last month. Seems to work pretty good...a little lighter than my Pro Pointer. No falsing as yet with any of my units other than my White's TDI. The TDI is a PI unit...so is the Deteknix Xpointer...I guess that is why. However...I had to send mine in for repair and/or replacement because the bottom button cover came off and was lost...this left the internals exposed. Mine wasn't very loud either. I'll see what Deteknix did to remedy the situation when I get it back. I bought the orange colored unit. Other than those few things I like it very much. Hope this gives you some more guidance.

Charles
November 24, 2015 01:23AM
Hey Morgan run over to Don's and get you a tether for your Pro Pointer..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 24, 2015 01:27AM
Yes. They are good. You can see it in action in most all of my vids.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
November 24, 2015 10:21AM
Well Keith I forgot to mention that my Propointer is close to 3 years old and I noticed over the weekend it started falsify more than the usual so I figure it's about to bite the dust. What's crazy is I just got rid of my backup Propointer to get the Tornado coil for my F19. I asked momma if I could buy a new Pinpointer and she said wait till after Christmas. That's a lot of hunting time between now and then. So I guess I'm going to put up some of my spare accessories for sale or trade to buy one. Any body interested in a 10-1/2" Tesoro 5 pin coil let me know if you have a pinpointer to trade or if you want to buy the coil shoot me a PM.
November 24, 2015 02:50PM
I got one for a backup. Works well and is plenty loud. It stopped working on the first outing so I took it apart, Found an open joint where the battery connection had come loose from poor soldering. Re-soldered the joint and works fine now. I do not think you will be disappointed.
November 24, 2015 04:25PM
Morgan, I have 2 Xpointers coming later this week. One orange and one black. If you want one message me.
November 25, 2015 11:17AM
I have been using one for over 6 months & am pleased.
November 26, 2015 02:03AM
James/Texas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got one for a backup. Works well and is plenty
> loud. It stopped working on the first outing so I
> took it apart, Found an open joint where the
> battery connection had come loose from poor
> soldering. Re-soldered the joint and works fine
> now. I do not think you will be disappointed.
The newer ones have a small bolt and nut holding that connector to the board.