Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is this for real???

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Is this for real???
November 26, 2015 01:54AM
[www.thetreasuredepot.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Is this for real???
November 26, 2015 02:34AM
Could be

but buyer beware

many of those old war bonds and the like are fakes

you REALLY need to know what you're doing/looking at in dealing with that type of material.
November 26, 2015 02:56AM
Very well could be, there were a ton of those notes and dollar bills made. I have about $50 between 3 notes handed down to me. Maybe it's changed, but at one point it was suprising what they were worth, as in a lot less than you'd think.

As MRH said every one you run across certainly could be a fake, so I'd be careful before laying down any money.

Edit* was curious.... looked up what some of these notes are going for, and apparently they have exploded in popularity in the recent years and value has started to go up paticularly for certain ones with certain guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 03:05AM by deadlift.
November 26, 2015 03:05AM
Oh I'm not buying it a friend asked me to see if it's realconfused smiley

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 26, 2015 03:38AM
Something about the paper doesn't seem right. For being almost 200 years old, it should be more yellowed, and the edges show almost no signs of fraying. Additionally, no stains, bad creases, rips, tears, etc. It almost seems too perfect, to my eye. Unless it was hermetically sealed or something, I just cannot picture a piece that old looking that crisp/new. However...

For the owner's sake, I hope it IS real, as that would be quite a historically rich document.

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 03:39AM by njnydigger.
November 28, 2015 04:52PM
Where the note was kept would dictate its condition. If it was pressed in a book or in a stack in a safe it would be in such condition. An expert can check several things to determine age and authenticity.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie