Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

VIDEO of Makro Racer @ The 1840s/50s Stagecoach Stop

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
VIDEO of Makro Racer @ The 1840s/50s Stagecoach Stop
November 26, 2015 12:20PM
This is a video I did using the Makro Racer at the site of an old stagecoach stop where I've recently used both the Etrac and the F19 at.

I filmed over a 2 day period - 1st day was Wedns. Nov. 18th and the 2nd day was yesterday Nov. 26

Thanks for reading/watching and HH

See video here >> [youtu.be]
Re: VIDEO of Makro Racer @ The 1840s/50s Stagecoach Stop
November 26, 2015 01:18PM
Very nice hunting. Very nice site. I personally never liked the Minelabs in freshly tossed dirt. They just don't perform up to their standards. Your video showed the Racer very well. In my opinion the target ID can just about be ignored. The dreaded lower 80's numbers are just too frequent. I also think the Racer lacks the depth of other units like the F75. It is so close to being a great detector, but just needs a touch of refinement. I look forward to the Impact release. Hunting close to the roads can be rewarding, but the trash does increase. Good luck to you. I appreciate the time you took to record your hunts. It isn't easy.
November 26, 2015 01:50PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice hunting. Very nice site. I personally
> never liked the Minelabs in freshly tossed dirt.
> They just don't perform up to their standards.
> Your video showed the Racer very well. In my
> opinion the target ID can just about be ignored.
> The dreaded lower 80's numbers are just too
> frequent. I also think the Racer lacks the depth
> of other units like the F75. It is so close to
> being a great detector, but just needs a touch of
> refinement. I look forward to the Impact release.
> Hunting close to the roads can be rewarding, but
> the trash does increase. Good luck to you. I
> appreciate the time you took to record your hunts.
> It isn't easy.

Thanks Goodmore

and I agree - the ML's don't seem to do their best in freshly tilled dirt but if you notice - the field wasn't tilled until the 2nd round out with the Racer (somewhere between Nov. 18th and the 26th) the farmer tilled/turned it so when I had the Etrac and F19 in there - it wasn't tilled yet.

I also agree on the number/target ID = it's pretty much useless and I hunt with all machines by tone 1st and foremost using #s as more of a secondary way to tell the conductance of a target (ie) like iron VS say nickel or brass or gold VS copper or silver/etc.

Again, thanks for the kind words and HH
November 26, 2015 05:05PM
Nice hunt and thanks for sharing.

Let us know what the coin is. I'm betting on a half dime.

HH
November 27, 2015 01:05AM
Thanks for sharing MRH. Definitely looks a bit painstaking with doing the digs and all the camera work.......
November 27, 2015 12:05PM
That coin may be a half-reale.....They are often that thin...my guess anyway. Thanks for the video.
November 27, 2015 01:59PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That coin may be a half-reale.....They are often
> that thin...my guess anyway. Thanks for the video.

After looking closer at it - that was/is my thinking now too ozzie

I swear if I hold it just right in the light I can see the faint silhouette of Carlos the III or one of those dudes! But also - I compared the circumference of this coin to 2 different seated dimes (1840s and 1880s) as there were slight differences in size between them based on silver content/value in those days and/but THIS coin is slightly smaller in circumference than the 2 seated dimes (and much larger than a 1/2 dime) and so I'm leaning heavily towards a 1/2 Real coin too thumbs down
November 27, 2015 04:39PM
Thx MRH for the vid. That was one trashy spot! Lord knows what may be in the mix in all that stuff. Hope that white stuff stays up north for a while lol
November 28, 2015 04:56PM
Nice hunt but you may want to dig those overloads found a few locks and axe heads with that overload working for me

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!