Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Stunning Book! Relics of the Coastal Empire: The Civil War Years

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Stunning Book! Relics of the Coastal Empire: The Civil War Years
November 27, 2015 04:00PM
After viewing this:
[www.youtube.com]

I went here:
[www.ebay.com]

and ordered a copy.

Received it today and it is a stunningly beautiful book with gorgeous pictures of fabulous relics recovered in coastal SC and Georgia. This book comes as close as any I have seen to approximating the experience of holding the relics in your own hands. Check it out.

Disclaimer: no affiliation with book or publisher/author. just delighted with my purchase.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Stunning Book! Relics of the Coastal Empire: The Civil War Years
November 28, 2015 08:54AM
Yes sir it is...I have mine all ready...
November 28, 2015 11:11AM
You may be a tad bit late with this post ncwayne

I think everyone here jumped on these books last year when I posted the same one

You gotta get the companion book to that one now - they compliment eachother very well smiling smiley

November 28, 2015 12:37PM
I must have missed your post about the book, Wayne, but perhaps there are others who missed it or weren't here for it. I also have the Crouch book. I think Keith mentioned it several months back.
Both offer lots of eye candy and helpful info for identifying finds.

other Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
November 28, 2015 04:34PM
I don't think I have seen that particular book. Is there anywhere else to get it cheaper than $60?

Mike's book on Gettysburg relics is a good one too. My all time favorite is still "Civil War Relics of the Western Campaigns" by Charlie Harris. My personal copy has water damage to it but I found some on Amazon that I am going to order as a replacement. That is the book responsible for getting me interested in wanting to dig relics.