Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fors Gold+ Field Test in 1840s/50s Site w/pics smiling smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fors Gold+ Field Test in 1840s/50s Site w/pics smiling smiley
December 07, 2015 02:21AM
Hey all,

had a fun day today testing out the new Fors Gold+ in the old Ghost Town site where I took the CF77 just 2 days ago.

One thing I can say in testing this unit out is that IF you have any place you THINK is hunted out from using 5 or 10 different machines at over the last however many years = you may want to rethink that belief and get yourself one of these units and rehunt that/those places again

because

as you can see below - in just a 3 hr hunt total - I pulled a pile of relics out of this site that I've hunted for 4 yrs now with anything from a CTX to a Deus, F19, AT Pro, Gold Bug, Vaquero, Etrac, Tejon, Racer, CF77, CZ6a, and now the Gold+ and WoW did I miss a LOT of relics/stuff that the other machines just never picked up on.

I mean - I knew that there was still some big iron/relics to be had but I had no clue there was so much still in the ground until I took this unit in there today!

This machine makes the ground come alive when ran in Boost mode! You can literally hear the ground talking to you and it doesn't stop grinning smiley Check out the tiny .22 shell casings and the micro washer piece all found at a good 8 to 9" deep! This machine slams tiny brass/mid conductors at real depth!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 04:33AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: Fors Gold+ Field Test in 1840s/50s Site w/pics smiling smiley
December 07, 2015 02:40AM
Very nice. Were you using dd or concentric coil???? I may have read ealier you didn't have concentric coil.
December 07, 2015 02:50AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice. Were you using dd or concentric
> coil???? I may have read ealier you didn't have
> concentric coil.

DD 5x10" TNSS

I don't have the Concentric as it's not offered with any package deal yet on the retail market and I can't find anywhere that sells the coil separately yet either
December 07, 2015 02:58AM
Ole Lowboy had better be taking notes....lol
December 07, 2015 03:00AM
I can see now why Keith said it would make for a true relic hunters machine. Looks like you have a new place to hunt again and no doubt many more. Way to go on the saves.

That IH when you pulled it in, do you remember what came up with it if anything?
December 07, 2015 03:12AM
Tom41 Wrote:
> I can see now why Keith said it would make for a
> true relic hunters machine. Looks like you have a
> new place to hunt again and no doubt many more.
> Way to go on the saves.
>
> That IH when you pulled it in, do you remember
> what came up with it if anything?

In the photo of the relics on the tailgate = if you look to the very top left above the chisel type hammer head and there's a cresent moon shaped thing sort of = that's what the Indian Head was in the hole with but the Injun was ringing thru more than the iron - it was a higher/buzz tight sounding type signal VS when you come across just an iron piece which is more choppy sounding
December 07, 2015 03:58AM
Thx MRH. From the way the others are talking the concentric coil should light it up again. Hope ya lay your hands on one sooner than later.
December 07, 2015 05:51AM
This is a prime example of one man's trash is another's treasure. I would have been happy with the indian head cent but that is it. The rest would have gone to my junk pile. That is the sort of stuff I want to leave in the ground. On occasion, I do like to dig iron...cannonball frags, cannister shot, and listening for barrel bands when looking for a civil war hut site. I couldn't handle a detector that lights up iron as a good target though. That's why I sold the Blisstool V3 I had and why I didn't particularly care for the Vista Gold machine. From the reports I've read on this newest machine...looks like I better shy away from it too.lol
December 07, 2015 09:57AM
Dang, looks like you were over top a hardware store.
December 07, 2015 10:48AM
Very nice looked a great day for it also... Good allround machine and think you will be hearing a lot more about this machine in the future.
December 07, 2015 12:48PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> This is a prime example of one man's trash is
> another's treasure. I would have been happy with
> the indian head cent but that is it. The rest
> would have gone to my junk pile. That is the sort
> of stuff I want to leave in the ground. On
> occasion, I do like to dig iron...cannonball
> frags, cannister shot, and listening for barrel
> bands when looking for a civil war hut site. I
> couldn't handle a detector that lights up iron as
> a good target though. That's why I sold the
> Blisstool V3 I had and why I didn't particularly
> care for the Vista Gold machine. From the reports
> I've read on this newest machine...looks like I
> better shy away from it too.lol

LoL

Daniel

I pretty much knew every time I was about to dig one of those iron relics... It's not like the machine fooled me into thinking they were something other than what they are.

I only dug them for 1: to show how much may be left in any given site that you (I/we all) may think is hunted out and 2: to remove them to stop them from masking other/good targets (like the Injun)!

When I took that CF77 in there the other day - it didn't pick up on any of those targets and I know for a fact I went over at least 80% of the same ground/area that day as I did with the Core+ yesterday.

Also - these pictures don't show the PILE (2xs MORE) of scrap flat iron and larger broken cast iron and/or other pieces I couldn't carry in my pouch that I found and removed and piled against a big tree off behind me to the left! lol

I'm trying to clean as much of this garbage out as I can so that I can get to the better stuff I know is still there even after hunting it for 4 yrs now and with all of the machines I've listed AND even though I've pulled in the order of a good 100 coins out of here including that $1 Gold piece 2 seasons ago... Actually - I've pulled some of the best coins I've ever dug in my life out of this place not only for age wise but condition and value/worth too... This place has given up Seated from as far back as 1841, Barbers, Mercs, Washington's, Large cents, 2 cents, Fatty's, and other 1860s/70s Injuns (a few of which are semi key dates), the $1 gold piece, shield Nickles and more --- that's why I want all that iron removed -- I don't want it to mask stuff like the above grinning smiley
December 07, 2015 12:50PM
ozzie Wrote:
> Dang, looks like you were over top a hardware
> store.

There was a General store on the site Ozz man but I think I may have found where the tool shed was located!
December 07, 2015 01:43PM
MRH,
A great site indeed!!!
And I'll bet if another gold coin is there---- you had it shaking in its boots...with the gold plus unit.
December 07, 2015 02:41PM
When I tested the CF77, those flat iron pieces, door hinges, etc were what I was digging that sounded good in the ground but once dug up, or when the ground matrix was disturbed, would report as iron.

Your site is interesting for sure. I have a ghost town that I hunt from time to time that was once the county seat during the early 1800s. It is also a loaded with iron type site...compounded with some super highly mineralized red dirt. It also has a grist mill on the place...it is civil war era but burned down in the 1870s. It is the only building where the foundation remains. These places are a detectorists nightmare...not only from the multitude of iron but the soil being so bad actually almost requires a pulse machine. The last iron working machine I had there was a Deus. I buried a nickel approx 4 inches in the ground and it was invisible to the detector due to the bad soil Those are some hard to hunt type places.
December 07, 2015 06:26PM

tnsharpshooter [ PM ]
December 07, 2015 09:43AM Registered: 3 years ago
MRH,
A great site indeed!!!
And I'll bet if another gold coin is there---- you had it shaking in its boots...with the gold plus unit.

TNSS

Sites like this one are extremely hard to come by around here - I've kept this one under my hat/to myself since finding it 4 yrs ago but it has been hunted long ago in the 1980s/early 90s according to the elderly woman that has lived across the street for like 40 yrs (only house for a 1/2 mile or more) who says she remembers guys hunting it like 20/30 yrs ago (they cherry picked most of the silver).

but yeah = seriously

I truly believe wholeheartedly that IF there is another gold coin in this site = this Fors Gold+ machine is going to be the one to pull it out from it's resting place.

Daniel Tn [ PM ]
December 07, 2015 10:41AM Registered: 7 years ago
When I tested the CF77, those flat iron pieces, door hinges, etc were what I was digging that sounded good in the ground but once dug up, or when the ground matrix was disturbed, would report as iron.

Your site is interesting for sure. I have a ghost town that I hunt from time to time that was once the county seat during the early 1800s. It is also a loaded with iron type site...compounded with some super highly mineralized red dirt. It also has a grist mill on the place...it is civil war era but burned down in the 1870s. It is the only building where the foundation remains. These places are a detectorists nightmare...not only from the multitude of iron but the soil being so bad actually almost requires a pulse machine. The last iron working machine I had there was a Deus. I buried a nickel approx 4 inches in the ground and it was invisible to the detector due to the bad soil Those are some hard to hunt type places.

Daniel

I'm wondering if maybe the reason/s that I wasn't picking up on the large iron relics with the CF77 here in my dirt is because of the difference in your dirt VS mine and/or being that I ground balanced the machine to tune out the hotrocks this site is plagued with (or a combo of both)?? Because even though I did dig a few pieces of large iron with the CF77 = all of this stuff the Gold+ found was not heard//just plain ignored by the CF77

Hmmmmm....
December 18, 2015 11:26AM
Round 2 of testing coming up this coming week as temps are going to shoot back up in the 50' range mid week here in Michigan again

and that means = I'll be out in the field doing live digs on Video with the Gold+ this time around

it's been raining too much and now the temps fell into the low 30s for highs for the next few days so I haven't been able to get out and do any video yet

stay tuned though and HH grinning smiley
December 19, 2015 04:46AM
Great finds!!!!! Very well done!!!!