Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wireless headphone users

Posted by neptronix 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Wireless headphone users
February 02, 2016 03:53AM
Besides Shoveler, what are other opinions on the WM10?
February 06, 2016 04:39PM
Headphone styles.

Do people prefer over the ear full, backphone style, or in ear style ?
February 06, 2016 07:25PM
Big full size phones are what I like,they passively keep noise out,keep bugs out,allow me to hear everything coming through....just more comfy all around for MY melon. The only time they are a bit much is when it's REALLY hot and HUMID,but that's only because I sweat a lot. Someone awhile ago elsewhere mentioned the wireless SMS Sync 50 cans. That's going to be my first foray into wireless...
February 06, 2016 09:38PM
When it is cold= full headphones

When it hot= no headphones or backphones

Now with good comfy detecting temps -- really depends on the noise factor, and also the natural environement.

For example where there are poisonous snakes -- full headphones a NO NO
Might say the same about bears too!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2016 09:39PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 06, 2016 11:17PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When it is cold= full headphones
>
> When it hot= no headphones or backphones
>
> Now with good comfy detecting temps -- really
> depends on the noise factor, and also the natural
> environement.
>
> For example where there are poisonous snakes --
> full headphones a NO NO
> Might say the same about bears too!!!

David-May I recommend some different sites?? Bears and snakes?? You are a trooper!winking smiley Good points,if potential danger is around....be aware of the surroundings,wired or not! Wireless would allow you to drop everything and run faster I suppose...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 10, 2016 05:03PM
Anyone near Indy, or southern Indiana, or know some detector friends that are? I am working on a new setup, where the module is the heart of it of course. For now, until working with headphone partners to acquire my own branded "headphones" "backphones", etc, I will be selectively utilizing a branded set of Headphones to package with my modules. Fully tested, paired, and ready to go.

At this time, all audio tests have verified 30ms-42ms delays. (varies by Headphone) Further testing will be done by the weekend and the first fully assembled unit will be ready by the weekend. However I am in need of testers with various models of detectors. Without having a detector in front of me, I can not validate the verified delay of various models. (only the two models I have) While all audio tests produced consistent 30ms results, there was one exception. Not detector related, but was something to show that some outputs could cause a delay, while everything else does not. I have otherwise achieved all other goals as far as design, power, etc.

Thanks and keep the feedback coming. Tour "wireless" experiences are appreciated.
February 11, 2016 04:17PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When it is cold= full headphones
>
> When it hot= no headphones or backphones
>
> Now with good comfy detecting temps -- really
> depends on the noise factor, and also the natural
> environement.
>
> For example where there are poisonous snakes --
> full headphones a NO NO
> Might say the same about bears too!!!

Ive heard this from others, and I agree, sometimes not ideal to not hear other things around you. Good point
July 24, 2016 04:39PM
I ordered the wire free W6 PRO headphones from Colonial Metal Detectors for $159.95.
July 24, 2016 05:20PM
I use a few wireless combinations which can be dependent on the weather or season that we are in here in the UK,the main weapon of choice that i shoot from the hip is the full setup Deus,which i use the full cup WS5 headphones and i must admit i do like them,but during the summer when its hot i the use a set of Sennheiser over ear OMX185 headphones,i agreee that these are wired these specific headphones but as i always carry the controller in my pocket then all i do is plug these Sennheiser headphones into the controller,so a hybrid version i guess but they are not tethered to the detector as such.So this covers me for both hot and cold weather situations.

The main set of wireless headphones i use on all my other machines are the Deteknix Wireless headphones which work on the 2.4Ghz freq,these please note are not Bluetooth but RF which are massive difference and on all the machines that i have used these on i cannot notice any form of lag what so ever,my hearing is very good and would notice even the slightest of delay but i cannot.

The Deteknix setup headphones are neither small or full cups they are in between if that makes sense and i must admit these are my favourite of all the wirelss after market ones,i have used the TDK wr700 and they are far better than any BT ones,if the Deteknix ones had not come out i would still be using the TDK ones,although not 100% perfect they do a very good job in my mind when one takes into account that these had never been designed specifically for Detecting.They do work.

So the main ones that i use are the Deus WS5 and the Detecknix ones these cover all my machines,but i always carry a set of full cup wired ones just incase,although i have never had any problems of batteries going flat and making the days detecting end early,even carry a set of the superb XP wired back phones in my backpack,for the money these xp wired ones are as cheap as anything and fold down into a very small footprint which is ideal for carrying around as a spare pair,but what makes these extra special is the audio quality that they produce,these are on par with detector headphones that cost many many times more they are that good and can be used used on any other brand of detectors not just XP ones.

These are of course just my thoughts and opinions as a user and not related too any dealer or brand,i use what works for me,headphones are very important part of my kit as i dont want top miss the real deep whisper targets that i am after.
July 24, 2016 05:33PM
Not used wired phones in years and im not going back!!
July 24, 2016 06:38PM
The Rapoo H3070 is cheap, light, fairly comfortable to wear with no discernible latency on the E-Trac/CTX, and a battery that lasts for 6-8 hours. The dynamic range is just fine at picking up everything audio-wise. They seem fragile but I've found them to be quite sturdy, it's a simple design that works. They aren't going to cancel out external noise entirely, which I don't mind, keeps some situational awareness. You'll probably still hear that black bear tip-toeing up behind you, if that's a major concern for you.

Economical, you can buy two or three H3070 sets for the price of one TDK WR700. For the extra cost you get a Bluetooth WR700 with noticeable latency issues (on the E-Trac). Passable if you adjust for the delay mentally, but unnecessary. For me, when on land the H3070 was the best answer. Attach a small piece of outdoors Velcro strip to keep the transmitter attached to the side of the detector and a 1/4" mono male jack to 3.5mm female plug for two bucks to plug it into the E-Trac/CTX, and you're off and running.
July 24, 2016 07:04PM
I've been using the On Target By Neptronix and there is absolutely no lag at all...the Pro Phones are comfortable and the sound is excellent. I also have the TDK WR700's and the are iffy on some machines like Nokta and Makro for some reason, the sound will cut in and out and sometimes get muffled, with the On Target I have had no problems whatsoever and they last super long on a single charge!