Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has anyone used the Goldfield (with some tweaks if necessary) to hunt for CW relics?

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has anyone used the Goldfield (with some tweaks if necessary) to hunt for CW relics?
January 28, 2016 12:36AM
It uses a threshold-based (I don't really know how to describe it).....tone?.....to tell you if there is metal in the ground or not. I have simply been using two or three tone with zero disc to hunt a campsite where there are several ration cans, the odd square nail, but otherwise, not too messy with ferrous stuff. Has any Deus Civil War relic hunters tried the threshold-based Goldfield program? This would seem to be a great program in woods and pastures......away from ferrous concentrations. Just curious if I am on the right path for getting all of the depth that I can out of my Deus. Thanks,.....Kevin
I just got back from Cocoa Beach Fl. and used the Gold Field program on the dry sand and it will pick up metal so small that my Garretts pinpointer would pick up unless you put the point on the metal and press it. I used mine in all metal with 00 for iron. You can knot out iron if you want and still get deeper than most detectors.If you have a lot of trash other than iron, I would go something other than Gold Field. It will get a small flake of foil 6" ease. That is why it is for nugget hunting. I still use it in open fields and places with not a lot of trash.
Re: Has anyone used the Goldfield (with some tweaks if necessary) to hunt for CW relics?
January 28, 2016 03:43AM
I've used it often for nuggetshooting. Give full tones,zero disc a shot.
Re: Has anyone used the Goldfield (with some tweaks if necessary) to hunt for CW relics?
January 28, 2016 07:52PM
Thanks guys. The feedback is appreciated.
January 29, 2016 08:12PM
Guys, (and gals, if there are any), I have been experimenting with the Goldfield Program on the Deus. I dropped the frequency to 12 khz. The threshold easily wavers on my deepest bullets (in my puny test garden). I am gonna try it out in the woods on Sunday afternoon (Good Lord willing).
It seems to have all of the good attributes of an F-75 in All Metal mode. The Goldfield Program is simply a true All Metal mode. It is not slouchy when it comes to depth. It is able to disc out some iron, but I am going leave the Disc at zero and dig everything.
I'm just wondering if Deus users have tried it in relics or deep coins and liked it......or......found it wanting? We are right in the middle of the best Tennessee metal detecting....the ground is moist....the weather is tolerable.....and the fellowship is awesome. (my hunting buddy and me cut up and laugh, but we get serious about finding relics. Our goal is a Confederate button or a Confederate anything. Not to sell.....but to have in our collections. Anyway, I hope everyone has an absolutely AWESOME weekend!!!