Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro Racer

Posted by Terry in pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Makro Racer
February 08, 2016 01:45AM
Been looking at the racer for awhile now and went to a local detector shop to see one. Seems like a lot of bang for the buck hanging in there with T2'S and F75'S. Why is there so many for sale. Seen a few on here that were sold. Is there a reason or problem why there being unloaded ? Like to know before I spend the cash on one.
Re: Makro Racer
February 08, 2016 02:16AM
Maybe like me, I just got a Deus and trying to do with it. The Racer is a very good detector, but I like the lightness of the Deus. I have the Pro Pack and thanking about selling it.
February 08, 2016 02:37AM
I would have to say once you master the audio with the Turkish machines you are way above the rest of the crowd. Especially in iron and enthusiastically can say myself just might be at the top of the detector heap with maybe a couple others. I'll say this, the machines will find stuff other detectors just plain can't, and won't see. There's a lot of beep and dig detectorists out there that cannot for the life of themselves learn what a nuance is or might even sound like, can't put 2 and 2 together IOW.
February 08, 2016 02:37AM
.There have been many T2s and F75s up for sale as well.
February 08, 2016 03:37AM
The Racer with the small coil is wonderful at picking targets out of iron (nails) infestation. Outside of that situation I found it lacking. But I also thought that the Panthers were going to win big in the Super Bowl. So what I know and what I think I know are not necessarily the same. I await the Impact from Nokta. Hopefully we see improvements.
February 08, 2016 04:14AM
You have the gold and the impact out or coming so many may be funding that purchase. I'd rather wait and see what they are doing for others than sale first though JMO
February 08, 2016 12:01PM

goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Racer with the small coil is wonderful at
> picking targets out of iron (nails) infestation.
> Outside of that situation I found it lacking. I await
> the Impact from Nokta. Hopefully we see
> improvements.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
February 08, 2016 04:32PM
The racer and the deus are both top of the line machines and when hunting an area that produced some finds I like to go back with the other detector and see what I may have missed. It's a flip of the coin which one I take on the first hunt but so far I can't keep my hands off the Racer

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 09, 2016 02:41PM
I got the Makro racer , 1st thing that i don't like is it fatigues me swinging it . but i can manage . its just not as nice to swing as say my Mirage, or my silver umax with the control box mounted back . 2nd thing i did not like about the Racer is the stock coil i like a big clumsy albatross. and heavy to me don't like it . now what i do like . very easy to set up and switch between modes . , very easy to GB and tweak it however you like , I like the threshold AM and you can use tracking I found it like small gold as much as my Vista Gold and deeper and its good on high conductors. Depth is good on par with most brands. but not as deep as me old Blisstool V3 the small coil 4.5x5 is incredible its probably the best seperator i have ever used I can get my 6" dime well in my ground which balances at 84. I did a test with my mineralized granite block and it hit thru it to give a high tone on a nickel something that is hard for a detector to do in disc so all that said despite its minor flaws that i find bothersome its a very good machine I think it would pull some targets out for you that nothing else can my vista Gold is good at that to but with this small coil on the racer the racer is even better

Curantly own a Mirage P.I made by sven , and a silver Umax with ground balance mode, and a Tesoro Tejon
February 10, 2016 01:11AM
I was in the second line of diggers to buy a Racer, a few months after they came out. For me it's pretty much lived up to the hype. It's very well made, easy to use, fairly deep, has great separation and Makro's customer service is unbeatable. The coil ears broke on the stock coil and Makro had a new one in my hands in less than a week. I used the OOR coil on a 1790's home site and did very well with it, and it's surprisingly deep. There are targets on top of targets, and it picks out good signals very well. BUT…I came back over a 6x6 foot area that I was sure I had removed every non ferrous target from with the F19, and dug two indian head cents and a flat button. No knock on the Racer as I'm very happy with it, but in that situation, the F19 outperformed it.
February 12, 2016 09:45PM
2nd generation racer just was introduced is probably the reason so many original racer units for sale....
February 12, 2016 09:58PM
S Digger, I think that could easily have been reversed if you had the F19 hunt first. All machines see a little differently and will pick up a target another missed but its not necessarily because they are better. And the F 19 is a fine machine for sure! Even the same machine on a different day may do the same. How often do we find a target that was a solid hit in a field hunted a ton of times and marveled that no one had picked it up before?
Just a thought... cool smiley

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 12, 2016 10:36PM
Hang around you fixin' to see a lot more unloaded. LOL!
February 12, 2016 11:52PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Hang around you fixin' to see a lot more unloaded.
> LOL!

I may be looking.
February 13, 2016 07:04PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> S Digger, I think that could easily have been
> reversed if you had the F19 hunt first. All
> machines see a little differently and will pick up
> a target another missed but its not necessarily
> because they are better. And the F 19 is a fine
> machine for sure! Even the same machine on a
> different day may do the same. How often do we
> find a target that was a solid hit in a field
> hunted a ton of times and marveled that no one had
> picked it up before?
> Just a thought... cool smiley

I agree with you mostly Tom, but this was a six by six foot area I covered in every direction with the Racer. The first pass with the F19 produced three good finds, so that told me quite a bit, and I was running the Racer with the OOR and the F19 with the 5x10. The targets weren't deep, only masked. I've found since the advent of the internet that no machine can live up to the hype. The Racer came out with rave reviews and couldn't quite meet expectations, hence plenty of availability on the used market a month or so after the initial release. I'm sure the Racer 2 is better by the looks of the added features, but won't be leaps and bounds better. Machines that got very little hype like the initial Omega and the MX5 were pleasant surprises to most who used them. I love seeing videos of new machines and am appreciative of those who film them, but for me they've rarely met expectations.