Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Internet Detector Comparison - Penny, Nickel, Dime, & Quarters

Posted by Johnnyanglo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Internet Detector Comparison - Penny, Nickel, Dime, & Quarters
February 09, 2016 07:21PM
Breakdown by detector tested on common coins ("copper" is the same as clad). Again, the lower the score the more efficient the detector (essentially finding the coin at deeper depths/distance, while using a smaller coil, yields a lower score). All tests were in the air (not soil).

Re: Internet Detector Comparison - Penny, Nickel, Dime, & Quarters
February 09, 2016 09:28PM
WoW!.... My Amigo ll scored in the top 3 in all categories, I better hang on to that little baby...LOL
February 09, 2016 10:24PM
What about Disc. Mode?
February 10, 2016 07:44PM
What about Disc. Mode?

OK. There are enough detectors sampled to make a listing. Here is All-Metal operation in Discrimination mode and how the detectors stacked up on individual coins. Lower scores are better performance.

February 10, 2016 09:51PM
They must of not had any Nautilus detectors as they would kick But on the Nickels and Injuns!
February 10, 2016 10:15PM
Your efforts are appreciated, Johnny, but without knowing the parameters they used these graphs are pretty much worthless.

Beyond that, just looking at the first chart it's obvious something is amiss with these numbers.

Deep units like the F75 ranked near the bottom in depth while detectors like the Ace 150 near the top?
February 11, 2016 11:18AM
Nice work. Good chart to reference. I'm in agreement with most of what you have there.
February 11, 2016 09:28PM
What was the formula you used to calculate the number?

I would have thought two of the variables were 1) Distance from the coil and 2) size of the coil.

Power?
Gain?
Sensitivity?