Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ANNOUNCING THE NEW RACER 2!

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ANNOUNCING THE NEW RACER 2!
February 10, 2016 10:54PM
That's O.K. I think I will wait for the Good Ole' made in America Whites MX SPORT that is also Submersible.
February 11, 2016 02:03AM
I think I'm going to give the MX Sport a shot too. Looks like a lot of machine for the money there. An MXT and an MX5 rolled into one, and waterproof to boot. I got my Racer used a few months after they rolled out for a great price. I thought I had hit the lottery until I realized that they were easy to come by used. Really nice machine, but couldn't come close to living up to the hype. I'm glad to see Makro has added a "deep" mode, because depth was just average on the original Racer. After all the reviews and side by sides, I thought it would replace my F19. For me, not even close. Different strokes for different folks.
February 11, 2016 02:13AM
Alright Nokta, I most certainly second tnsharpshooter's request that you sell the basic controls at a much reduced price as an option for those of us who have the rods and coils of the original Racer. This type of offering, I believe, would be a first in the industry, and could change the way the detector companies offer their products, which often have VERY redundant costs--like the Fisher F-19 coming out with the 5 x 10 that many people already have from the GBPro or the Greek series. You, Nokta, are in a position right now to revolutionize detector marketing. Tnsharpshooter--this request is pure genius!
February 11, 2016 02:15AM
Can a Racer be upgraded to Racer 2? thanks.
February 11, 2016 02:55AM
ecris....... no. Also..... Not cost-effective.
February 11, 2016 12:54PM
how does it do on silver foil verses hammered coins ??what numbers can i expect on each ??
February 11, 2016 08:24PM
2 new machines coming out and spring is not here. Looks like a great season is coming. Give us what we want and we will come.
February 11, 2016 08:33PM
ShovelNose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2 new machines coming out and spring is not here.
> Looks like a great season is coming. Give us what
> we want and we will come.

Exactly the advice I gave about a month ago to vendors in my post "SPRING TIME IS THE WRONG TIME FOR NEW MACHINES", and they listened.
February 11, 2016 11:52PM
ShovelNose Wrote:

Spring may not be here in other parts of the US. But where I live, yep, it's here!
February 12, 2016 01:30AM
ShovelNose Wrote:

Right!----"Build it & they will come" (if it's good)!
February 12, 2016 01:44AM
unless i got really down on cash i plan on keeping the Red racer and use it for most of my hunting . and use the R2 for the deep stuff, that way I will not have to buy a blisstool

Curantly own a Mirage P.I made by sven , and a silver Umax with ground balance mode, and a Tesoro Tejon
February 12, 2016 07:36AM
The red racer can be bought here in the UK for £350, the Racer 2 is selling for £575, is it worth the extra £££££
February 12, 2016 09:22AM
GunnarMN Wrote:
> unless i got really down on cash i plan on keeping
> the Red racer and use it for most of my hunting .
> and use the R2 for the deep stuff, that way I will
> not have to buy a blisstool

How do we know how deep the R2 is? Anything mentioned? I'm curious here as the AKA machines (Signum) are extremely deep. Sold mine so am open to a new machine in Summer.

Thx,
Albert
February 12, 2016 12:24PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Alright Nokta,
>
> Have you considered the following????
>
> Since it appears original Racer coils will in fact
> work on Racer 2.
>
> How about offering a package selling on the Racer
> 2 without the rod and coils???? -- at a reduced
> price from an overall packaged unit with rod and
> coil( s).
>
> This would definitely help with sales for those
> folks who already have the original Racer.

Excellent idea! Just offer the control component, ie, "S" stem with battery box, arm cuff, and control box, and price it as you would a replacement item for a damaged or faulty component out of waranty. Give it a part number and price and let us order one!

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 13, 2016 03:25PM
"How do we know how deep the R2 is? Anything mentioned? I'm curious here as the AKA machines (Signum) are extremely deep. Sold mine so am open to a new machine in Summer"

Albert, on Keiths video test, the R2 in the deep mode, AIR TEST, was detecting a quarter .at 23-24" . Thats about what my signum got with the 10" round coil,7khz, in air.

Maybe NASA Tom can chime in here what depths he gets in his non mineralized Florida dirt.

Watching Des Dunnes video of the R2 in operation, the machine seems more stable than the R1.
February 13, 2016 06:23PM
While I'm struggling to find time..........

The Racer-2 in DI2 mode is 0.5cm (1/2cm) less depth on a clad dime....... and also a nickel........ over the original Racer. This is about 0.2" to 0.3" depth...... in Florida inert dirt.
The Racer-2 in DI3 mode is approx. 0.3cm less depth on a clad dime....... and also a nickel........ over the original Racer.

Before I post any data on the Deep/Boost cktry performance....... I still have a few more clarifications/validations to solidify. Depth vs Effective Depth.................. vs.................. audio lag-time delay effective usability (more snap-shot analyzation).
February 13, 2016 10:32PM
Thanks Possum (and Tom).
But the R2 runs at 14Khz Possum? What did you mean with 7Khz?
And I had the 10" coil on the Signum too (think it measures to 10.5" and runs at 7Khz)

I do like the Signums sounds much more than I did the T2 (which is what the R2 sounds like I believe.)
But the R2 seem to have a much more refined menu, while the Signum had a more raw feel, know what I mean?

Thanks for the replies guys,
Albert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2016 04:25PM by earthmansurfer.
February 13, 2016 11:28PM
Albert, I corrected my post. 7khz coil was on the signum I had. Yes, it was a raw beast, lol.
I have a racer 1 , and really like it, will probably get a 2 also.
question about R2 display; frame around selected item
February 14, 2016 05:03PM
One of the drawbacks to the original Racer display is the very narrow frame (outline) around the selected item. Very hard to see which mode is selected, or which item has been scrolled to and selected.
Does the R2 have a bolder frame (outline) around the selected mode or item in the list so it can be more easily noticed/read while detecting?

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: question about R2 display; frame around selected item
February 14, 2016 11:10PM
ncwayne Wrote:
> One of the drawbacks to the original Racer display
> is the very narrow frame (outline) around the
> selected item. Very hard to see which mode is
> selected, or which item has been scrolled to and
> selected.
> Does the R2 have a bolder frame (outline) around
> the selected mode or item in the list so it can be
> more easily noticed/read while detecting?

According to the R2 User Guide, the mode is now underlined, not framed/boxed.
It's hard to tell at this point if that will make the mode more visible or not, but my
guess is they changed it for that purpose.
February 15, 2016 12:52AM
I'm a bit reluctant to speak...... as 'some changes' are being incorporated into the production units.................. vs ..................... the prototypes. But............. is that not the exact intent of prototype units!?
February 15, 2016 01:14AM
generally speaking, what type of changes? Cosmetic, mechanical, digital, or a combination? I mean if they are removing features, that doesnt sit well, but if they are adding something, that's another story.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
> I'm a bit reluctant to speak...... as 'some
> changes' are being incorporated into the
> production units.................. vs
> ..................... the prototypes.
> But............. is that not the exact intent of
> prototype units!?
February 15, 2016 01:17AM
Mostly...... electronic/software changes (for-the-better).
February 15, 2016 01:48AM
you had me sweating there Tom LOL I am hoping my first Marko experience with the R2 is going to be great!

NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Mostly...... electronic/software changes
> (for-the-better).
February 15, 2016 12:52PM
It should be.

(((Especially if you have an interest in unmasking non-ferrous in carpets of nails.)))