Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My thoughts on the Racer 2 ######### 3/21/16 Red Racer Vs Racer 2 video of separation battle added********3/21/16 Video of R1 Vs R2 buried dime++++++Mineral Index TIP VIDEO 3/22/16

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: My thoughts on the Racer 2 from the field
February 11, 2016 11:07PM
Yes Sven each mode has its own savings...sens breaks etc...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: My thoughts on the Racer 2 from the field (VIDEO OF DEEP MODE ADDED)
February 11, 2016 11:15PM
Very impressive air test Keith. One thing trips me out about the video...that leaf above the quarter looks like a skull/alien face lol
February 11, 2016 11:19PM
I saw that Too Daniel LOL...

Hey you don't hang on on the conspiracy forums as Much As I do ...Do Ya ??? LOL!!!!!

It looks like that mars face...

I swear I'm not living on the red planet LOL

I may go edit it to show it...

Glad I'm not the only one Who saw It ,,,I was getting worried..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 11, 2016 11:19PM
have been contemplating preordering an mxsport for a couple weeks now but then whites doesnt show or release much info of value in my opinion to make a decision so I had not done so. Now, I see your video keith and have to admit the r2 is looking impressive. I just wish it was waterproof. I sold one of my racers a few days ago thinking I might just go ahead an be a guinea pig on the mxsport. Now I think I will just wait it all out for awhile and keep swinging my other racer. Hate to go off topic but I think whites made a boo boo by not releasing videos or letting testers talk about the mxsport and now with makro putting this out in the market it might have cost them some money..nice video by the way.
February 11, 2016 11:37PM
Keith how do we know you didn't just get another one of them Hot Detector's? LOL!
Re: My thoughts on the Racer 2 from the field
February 12, 2016 12:08AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I Dont have a RC40 for it Bryan..
>
> On a side note I have the RC40 for the Gold Racer
> and it seems to goe against conventional wisdom..
>
> Talk about a Deep coin sized coil...I think the
> Ultra High Freq couplde to that coil creates
> sensitivity to coin sized objects a great depth
> that is usually not seen on say a 14 or 15Khz unit
> with that size coil..
>
> Seem to combine to create a setup of use in a
> weird sort of unorthodox way..

I found the large coil to be oddly well behaved on my Gold Racer. Very unexpected as given the frequency I thought just the opposite would be true. It was what actually clinched the deal for me on the Gold Racer.

>
> Keith
February 12, 2016 04:34PM
Would like to see a hunt with both racers in iron and see how the new 2 is going to do better in iron. If I had the 2 I would do the video but am going to keep the racer 1 for now...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 12, 2016 10:17PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Would like to see a hunt with both racers in iron
> and see how the new 2 is going to do better in
> iron. If I had the 2 I would do the video but am
> going to keep the racer 1 for now...

I would like to see it too.
Keith, it would be great if you could show us the differences.
February 12, 2016 10:33PM
Keith,

Thank you for the video.

Soon as your right leg made a shadow on the area I saw the little "alien" face myself lol. Then seconds later you confirmed my suspicions with your caption. How about a video with DEEP mode scanning over some of the coins you have buried in your yard? Like you mention even if it reaches half that depth (in ground) it would still be reaching phenomenal depths. Thanks again - Jim

Keith Southern Wrote:
> I saw that Too Daniel LOL...
>
> Hey you don't hang on on the conspiracy forums as
> Much As I do ...Do Ya ??? LOL!!!!!
>
> It looks like that mars face...
>
> I swear I'm not living on the red planet LOL
>
> I may go edit it to show it...
>
> Glad I'm not the only one Who saw It ,,,I was
> getting worried..
>
> Keith
February 13, 2016 06:49PM
Ok I will try and get a Video up of some Ground test and maybe a Video showing the Menu..

Im working 14 hour days right now so hang tight..I can do a Ground test Monday...

May squeeze in a menu Video this weekend..

I can say the Deep mode in my soil WHEN SWEEP SPEED IS RIGHT does lite up some non ferrous targets that may other wise be called iron...That mode seems to be very sweep speed critical...and no don't thing it will go in the soil 21 Inches..LOL..

Its slower than a BP mode is on a F75 but faster than a Cache mode it seems...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2016 06:54PM by Keith Southern.
February 13, 2016 09:14PM
Something Unique I found on the R2 is if your in 3 tone and set your mid tone Hz at 50 and the High Tone Hz at 70 and let the tone break from mid to high on a setting of 70 on large and or weird shaped iron it will give a Unique Turkey Gobble...this is on the iron that is falsing to high readings..Works in sites full of large iron if you don't want to dig it..Works best with 5x10 coil its seems..

On depleted sites full of iron but has all the big iron dug and seems to be not producing use the 5 inch coil and select 3 tone and break the low to mid tone at Tone break setting of 7 for 3 inch nails...set low conductor bin Hz at 10 for a bass sound then set mid conductor bin at Hz 70 which is High treble.Then set your high conductor bin to like like Hz of 30 and slide the tone break up to 95...then you'll know where your small iron wrap is reading with the 30 mid tone assigned to 95 and above I.D.'s..then the mid conductors will be from a I.D. of 8-94 and read the highest tone ...

I like to use the 5 inch coil on the Red Racer in thick iron and concentrate on mid tones if the sites is severely depleted ..With this setup I can do the same thing but listen for the high tone as the dig me signal and ignore the mid tone plus allow more conductors in than the Red Racer allows in for its mid conductor range tone wise.....

This is useful on sites where your just chasing the stuff that's left from masking...You can tweak it to however you like....

The options are endless plus the park hunter can do similar things and also add in some notching to boot...a Je hunter in a park could use the Mid range conductors bin and assign it the highest of tone and assign the coins a lower tone...

These are the type things that will have the Users wanting to grab a R2 if you've been discouraged with a Red Racer..More options ..More finds in less time..

If your time is limited then the options will be a godsend..

By the way on tone settings
10 is 100Hz
70 is 700Hz

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 14, 2016 02:08PM
In the deep mode, is it 2 tone or 3 tone audio?
February 14, 2016 04:01PM
2 tone
February 14, 2016 07:06PM
Keith thanks for posting the video.

I'm curious, with as much as you test detectors, do you have a planted test garden?

Do you still have a F75 LTD (preferably LTD2)? I'd really love to see the R2 deep mode vs the F75 BP live with similar settings, same 11" DD coil, and whatnot.

Thanks for posting all the great feedback on the R2!

hh,
Brian
February 14, 2016 08:07PM
2 tone only Daryl in Deep mode..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 14, 2016 08:32PM
Thanks Brian!

Yes I have planted targets...

Yes I have a DST F75..

No I don't compare different company's machines side by side on planted targets..

I do seperate Videos of them though at different times...I think if you look through my Video channel you will see a DST F75 on the test garden..

I hope to get a R2 test up eventually on the test garden...

I have found that when I do side by sides and even though I try to keep all things equal those type Videos create more problems that I have the time to try and validify myself..

There's so much stuff that goes on behind the scenes on forums and Youtube in P.M.'s that I don't like to have to deal with the argumentative stuff...It gets discouraging at times..

Ill try to do a R2 video though in a day or so I'm working 14 hour days right now..

Actually I have a video recorded right now of my Proper Regular F75 in the test garden I need to get uploaded I've been setting on it for a week now almost..I recorded for someone and can't remember who requested it now..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 15, 2016 04:28AM
I hear you Keith, and I appreciate all the effort, and time you put into your tests, videos, and posts.

As a F75, and Racer fan, I was just curious as to how they stacked up.

Thanks, and happy hunting,
Brian
February 15, 2016 08:25PM
Thank you Keith (I appreciate your effort too).
I have a small suggestion. Would it be possible to add a small comparison with ID filter set to "0" (on both machines)? Thanks a lot!
February 15, 2016 09:17PM
Well I had both the Racer and the F75 and I sold the Racer because even though they ran neck and neck in my ground the F75 had more features that I liked. Well, just sold the F75 as the Racer 2 added the features I wanted that were missing before.

I can promise the depth thing will pretty much depend on your particular soil so what I see and what Keith may see will be different as will what you see. the units are just that close.
February 16, 2016 12:11AM
When time allows could you please post an id chart of what readings some civil war relics display?

Thank you,

Joereb
February 16, 2016 04:39PM
It would be cool to see both the racer and the racer 2 tested on the same targets in a test garden

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

Notch Video added 2/16/16
February 17, 2016 01:06AM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 17, 2016 01:49AM
Joe heres some readouts

.58 3 ringer 61

Eagle Coat 41

Eagle Cuff 27

.57 Enfield 60

.69 Round 65

Flat Button 60

P cap 26

Yank Spur 54-62

Reb Spur 70

U.S Buckle 65

Breast Plt. 66

C.S.A.Buckle 65

Reb Buttons Lettered 2 Pc..55

Cast I Button 64

Whitworth 62

So relics are hot in the Mid 60's

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Re: My thoughts on the Racer 2 from the field +++Notch Video added 2/16/16+++
February 17, 2016 02:21AM
Yes in deed. Thank you Keith.

Joereb
February 17, 2016 11:30AM
Keith what do mixed metal (fe/non-fe) targets sounds like in ground... good enough to dig?

Tom
February 17, 2016 02:45PM
Its Raw data Audio feed type report Tom...Say there's a piece of iron and a coin and there in the hole together ..

Instead of a conglomerate report snapshot like say a T2 or F75 or even F19 etc where the Colocated target would be a target tone bounce or average of the 2 the Racer will have report of 2 tones at once .Sort of like a caliope ..So in dense nails say you will hear the squeaks of high tone and then you can isolate your sweep and with practice massage targets out of the iron..

You can also learn signatures of say big iron implements..like axe heads stirrups etc..Large iron report with splattered high tones intermingled will be the sign of falsing large iron..

I can tell horseshoes about everytime by signature..

Here awhile back I had a hard iron report which sounded big like a horse but there was a tight high tone in with it not the splattery high tones that indicate large iron falsing but an actual legitimate Higgins burried in the iron tones..one tone on top of another type report....it was a U.S. buckle under a horshoe...it told.me it was different than a regular horshoe report..

Now I couldn't dig a coin from under a horshoe or beside it even..but when the objects of ferrous and ferrous are of about sizes like nails with buttons and coins and such then you will massage targets out of the matrix...

The Audio report of blending and bleeding will be your guide..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2016 02:52PM by Keith Southern.
February 17, 2016 04:43PM
I think the new racer is a great new machine..and for those that don't have the racer 1 you should go out and get one. I still like my racer 1 I don't need notch for I relic hunt and those iffy targets sometimes are great finds most miss. And I like two tones and my audio on 5. Lets see what the impact has to offer in the near future..

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

February 17, 2016 09:10PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Its Raw data Audio feed type report Tom...Say
> there's a piece of iron and a coin and there in
> the hole together ..
>
> Instead of a conglomerate report snapshot like say
> a T2 or F75 or even F19 etc where the Colocated
> target would be a target tone bounce or average of
> the 2 the Racer will have report of 2 tones at
> once .Sort of like a caliope ..So in dense nails
> say you will hear the squeaks of high tone and
> then you can isolate your sweep and with practice
> massage targets out of the iron..
>
> You can also learn signatures of say big iron
> implements..like axe heads stirrups etc..Large
> iron report with splattered high tones
> intermingled will be the sign of falsing large
> iron..
>
> I can tell horseshoes about everytime by
> signature..
>
> Here awhile back I had a hard iron report which
> sounded big like a horse but there was a tight
> high tone in with it not the splattery high tones
> that indicate large iron falsing but an actual
> legitimate Higgins burried in the iron tones..one
> tone on top of another type report....it was a
> U.S. buckle under a horshoe...it told.me it was
> different than a regular horshoe report..
>
> Now I couldn't dig a coin from under a horshoe or
> beside it even..but when the objects of ferrous
> and ferrous are of about sizes like nails with
> buttons and coins and such then you will massage
> targets out of the matrix...
>
> The Audio report of blending and bleeding will be
> your guide..

>
> Keith

Great Thanks Keith

I'm up for that.. my old ears still work "good enough" I hope

Tom
February 17, 2016 09:22PM
Hi Keith, very nice report on the audio. Thanks for sharing.
Question - You had the Signum briefly and I don't think it did well in your ground, but did you have a chance to do any depth tests on it in a more neutral ground?
I am very curious how the R2 compares to the Signum depth wise. Air test numbers?

Best,
Albert
February 18, 2016 05:37PM
Signum air tested very well.But around here in my soil it had no more depth than a lot of other units.

In good soil it was pretty deep and I would say deeper than the Di2 node of the R2..BUT the R2 seems to have one of the better I.D. systems on accurate reporting at depth..

I've seen your soil in your Videos and I cna say i have nothing like that around here ,,,You might compare the F75 to the R2.. With a edge in depth to the F75..

The R2 though in my opinion is World class in iron..Actually its better than most machines made in terms of unmasking..

Till some thing's that really comes along that's DEEP I feel we have better chances of making finds in trash and iron than at depth. in terms of time spent in the field..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla