Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ6a is top dog

Posted by supertraq 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ6a is top dog
February 11, 2016 04:44AM
I picked up a piece of black 4" wide by 1.5" thick coarse industrial type foam laying near a rail road track where they unload cross ties etc.
Small area 30' x 200' anyway I fill coins on a flat plane don't represent in ground real world iron and coin relationships.

So I cut a 18" long piece and two 4" long pieces for each end with rusty nails at each end gooped in place,nails and top 4" pads.
Next I gooped,amazing goop a copper penny under the bottom of the 18" piece in the center to simulate real world trashy environment with iron and coin at different levels.
I tried my supposed famous trash hound compared,fail 100%,next my t2 with 5" coil gave a suspect but probably not a dig me response.
Gamma6000 with the 10" elliptical concentric bested the nel SS coil,but still nothing that said dig me.
Tejon with 5.75" same thing,surprised me big time with poor results.
When I brought out at last my cz6a with 8" coil and figured it was a waste of time,not.
Any direction gave a clear high tone with meter on last category.
I could go slow and get the iron grunt then the coin then the next iron100% of the time.
No wonder I always found so much with my cz's,they kicked it back then and still do.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 04:45AM by supertraq.
Re: CZ6a is top dog
February 11, 2016 03:18PM
Certainly no argument from me, however the CZ6A is over 20 yrs old...surprizing after all these years still a lot in use...Sort of like the watch takes a lickin and keeps on tickin..
Old technology at its finest and when I hang up my boots will go down as my alltime favorite and tried a bunch over the years...
February 11, 2016 04:33PM
It's an old dog but faithful

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 12, 2016 05:02PM
A 25+ year old platform that is still a flagship in my real-world detecting inventory.
smiling bouncing smileyRe: CZ6a is top dog
February 12, 2016 06:45PM
I'd be interested in owning one of these beauties if anyone is willing to part with one.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

diggertim
February 12, 2016 10:52PM
I think Dan-Pa. cut His CZ teeth on this model?
February 12, 2016 11:45PM
Is the CZ-5 platform the same as the CZ-6a?
February 13, 2016 02:39AM
Same machine cz5-6a,just 6a is splash resistant and has no speaker. Must use headphones with the cz6a or make up a removable external speaker for when
the diamondbacks are laying around.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2016 02:48AM by supertraq.
February 13, 2016 03:38PM
Harold actually it was the original CZ6 that started me thru all the models of the CZ series..
February 13, 2016 04:51PM
Dan/Tom/et al

Is there any noticeable power advantage/gain/loss when using max power vs setting of 6 on the cz platform?
February 13, 2016 05:22PM
After buying and using 30+ different detectors over the years ( and still have a few of them in the stable), my two original CZ6a's I bought over 20 years ago have never ever left the barn ( as well as my original CZ20). One of them I dropped on my basement concrete floor from shoulder height and I almost cried thinking it was toast...NOT. Works perfectly. They have been subjected to hundreds and hundreds of hours in salt water beach environments, been swamped by ocean waves, dropped in wet sand, etc. and they just keep on going. Testament to how well they were manufactured and sealed. The weather resistant design is exceptional. One of the best beach units ever made and a monster for deep coin hunting.

I have said it before, will say it again and will say it in the future. The CZ6a is one of the best units ever made. Many coil options ( I have all the coils including the Sunray FZ12 but in almost all applications, I use the stock 8 inch coil. No...I am not selling the FZ12 !!!). The 8 inch coil I feel is the optimal coil on the CZ6a.

My CZ's aint going anywhere and matter of fact, are the reason I continue to downsize the arsenal. I just keep reaching for them whenever I go out hunting. As my brain continues to store more garbage in it as I grow older, I don't have to remember how to use my CZ's or need to brush up on a manual on how to use them. The simplicity is amazing. The performance top notch.
February 13, 2016 05:50PM
To answer the Texas gentlemans question whenever I raised it above 6 it became unstable in all models I had so imagine Tom could give you a technical answer.
Did have one that could run wide open but honestly saw no depth difference.
February 13, 2016 06:39PM
In general......... on the analog CZ's......... there is no additional gain when Sens is on a setting of '5' or above........ as long as you are in the ID mode. If you are in the all-metal/auto-tune mode........ then there is a large difference between a Sens setting of '5' and anything higher....... all the way to '10'.

On the CZ-20............. same thing....... except you start at max depth with a Sens setting of '6'. Anything higher in Sens...... gains you no additional depth. . . . . as long as you are in the ID mode. CZ-20 and auto-tune/all-metal........ big difference...... and also on a linear scale. Sens of '10' does indeed provide max depth capabilities.

All of the above data ........ there may be some variations in analog pot resistance ...... giving slightly different results........... unit-to-unit.
February 13, 2016 07:14PM
On both of my CZ6a's I can't/don't run my sensitivity above 5...starts to become unsteady and false signals become much more prominent. No depth gain whatsoever in ID mode after 4.5 - 5 setting. What I love about the analog CZ's is that you can fine tune that sensitivity setting...something you cannot do on the digital models.
February 13, 2016 08:52PM
Thanks, guys good stuff