Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Finds of a 10th regiment of foot button and what I was told is a sword hook a couple years ago.

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
These were found near a fort in Michigan. Also found shoe buckles and other things.

The hook was encrusted with thick rust. I soaked it in white vinegar and this how how it cleaned up.

I was digging a lot of iron in one spot and button showed up.

Was using a CoinStrike.

[photo.net]

[photo.net]
Nice!
You said that button was nice the other day Rick..

Thats an understatement..

AWESOME BUTTON !!!!Great piece of History..!!

I'm Jealous of it!

I've never found a numbered British button..I've got some pre Numbered officer style 1730's-1740's period but never a Number ..Numbered are high on my list..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Thank you, that makes my day too. smiling smiley

Came out of our mild ground just like it shows.

Is the other items a sword hook?
That is a great find Rick. Can't wait to get out to that site with you. Thanks for the Invite.

Tom
I thought you would like to see that button.

You're welcome. Can't wait to go back there more again. I have a story to tell you from that area.

Rick
Very nice! Rare button for sure, a fine to be proud of. The hook is a nice find too, real beefy looking.

Congrats,
Paul
Hey Rick Those Hooks are hard to tell..Ive dug them down this way just like it in Civil war sites and House sites...Could be a Sabre Snap ive been told..Some could be horse reigns snap's too.

If you ever need any help on that site where the button was found remember I'm just about 12 hours South of Ya..LOL!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Congrats Rick!!!! Great find!!!!!!
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Rick Those Hooks are hard to tell..Ive dug
> them down this way just like it in Civil war sites
> and House sites...Could be a Sabre Snap ive been
> told..Some could be horse reigns snap's too.
>
>
> If you ever need any help on that site where the
> button was found remember I'm just about 12
> hours South of Ya..LOL!!
>
>
> Keith

I can do 14 hours to Ringgold not pushing it. lol

Tom
Come on Down Tom...!!!

Cant promise you anything!

But a good time..!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Keith I might just take you up on that! If the R2 arrives before the snow melts that is. lol

Tom
Nice history saves!

The Coin$trike was my first detector...wouldn't mind trying one again, it was a powerful machine.

-Brian
Nice save Rick! That button is killer for sure!