Re: Seems White’s went poof over at ‘other’ forum.
November 25, 2018 09:30PM
OK Backwoods.

Obviously you are a well-known refugee from moderated forums. Just showed up here.

Maybe it would be a good idea to step out from behind the curtain. What forum names have you used elsewhere?

One of the reasons Facebook does so well is that you have to unmask. There’s a reason why only bandits wore masks in the Old West. Anonymity breeds false courage and allows some folks to say things they would never say if their name was on it. Not accusing anybody here, just saying that if you want to be taken seriously in this world you need to sign your work.

My opinion only of course, I still post under lytle78, because I started out that way and don’t want to disown what I have done in the past. A long time ago however, I added my name and location to my signature.

I invite you to share your identity with us - at least to the degree that would allow us to understand your issues with the other forums you disparage.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2018 09:33PM by lytle78.
November 25, 2018 10:12PM
This is me - (rustic charm) & daughter

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Nothing to hide here winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
November 25, 2018 10:23PM
Let the record reflect that I formally excuse George Kinsey from my preference for unmasking.

Figuring out what forum name George (Tex) will post under next is one of the things I enjoy around here.

Now he has branched out and is “masking” his detectors as well.

Lord knows we need the entertainment - Thank you sir.

Rick Kempf
November 26, 2018 02:46AM
All these years I've been giving Tom in CA props for how well he articulates the folly of asking bureaucrats for permission to detect public property, how could I have missed all of Kemper's contributions to the subject? eye rolling smiley
November 26, 2018 03:36AM
Ah, asking vs doing,

I used to be brave. Decades ago my trusty Tesoro and I were poking around about 15 feet from the side wall of the royal Palace in downtown Oslo - in a nice grassy area known as the Queen’s Garden. After a few minutes a snappily uniformed Royal Guardsman - complete with G3 automatic rifle - came around the corner and gave me a bit of Norwegian equivalent to - “Eh you - you can’t do that here - move on.”

Probably can’t do that on the East lawn of the White House without Federal charges being preferred.

Nice place, Norway.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2018 02:19AM by lytle78.
November 27, 2018 01:10AM
The guards would shoot at you and claim you had brandished your metal detector at them.
November 27, 2018 02:20AM
Like I said - Nice place Norway - pity about the weather.

Rick Kempf
November 27, 2018 10:44AM
they might sell a few more TM808s if they got the weight down by using some plastic parts.. an old heavy beast from days of old
November 29, 2018 06:12AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The hobby itself is being strangled by fewer place
> s to hunt. The hard core veterans will slowly go a
> way with age. These forums are the last of a dying
> age. Just another hobby of mine done in by time. P
> arking lots, clad, and tungsten. Gaggggggg!
>
> At least I was around and detecting when silver wa
> s expected and pretty much insignificant to the po
> uch.
>
> So be it.

correct! it IS difficult to be positive,however we STILL have ANTICIPATION every time we head out to hunt,and to be honest,it keeps me hot after it! i'm just saying'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
November 29, 2018 07:52AM
Tesoro used to be king in the UK but they relaxed on R&D and look what happened..poof .along came XP
November 29, 2018 11:54AM
The forums do however offer an overall view of whats happening in the hobby....... especially with new machines coming and going. Yes you can find a specific FB page.... but there isnt a lot of talk about new machines being introduced. Having many forums over specialized lets you get the info fast........ ever try to search FB? So you get a lot of repeated questions...... and people get testy. Also...... i like looking at sub-forums all in one place...... beach, specific detector, equipment ..... CLASSIFIEDS ect. I dont like having to attach my FB page to several similar forums.... no body wants to read my rants lol. Plus i dont like vetting every person who wants to friend me...... way to much cloning.... and i dont want to hear all their rants either lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2018 11:56AM by dewcon4414.
November 29, 2018 03:40PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The forums do however offer an overall view of wha
> ts happening in the hobby....... especially with n
> ew machines coming and going. Yes you can find a
> specific FB page.... but there isnt a lot of talk
> about new machines being introduced. Having many
> forums over specialized lets you get the info fast
> ........ ever try to search FB? So you get a lot
> of repeated questions...... and people get testy.
> Also...... i like looking at sub-forums all in one
> place...... beach, specific detector, equipment ..
> ... CLASSIFIEDS ect. I dont like having to atta
> ch my FB page to several similar forums.... no bod
> y wants to read my rants lol. Plus i dont like ve
> tting every person who wants to friend me...... wa
> y to much cloning.... and i dont want to hear all
> their rants either lol.

+1 on facebook usage.