MDT 12" coil
December 30, 2020 01:25PM
I did this separate thread so id get more response from others on this or any 12" coil. Currently on the standard coil the connector is to the rear of the coil..... will these be moved to the middle and the cable connectors moved as well. Is the design with two cross overs the same? Whats the weight of the coil compared to the standard. Im assuming we are talking ROUND coil? Has it got enough weight to NOT float in the water? Now..... we may not know this yet but what kind of depth may we be looking at over the standard? Obviously we will be getting more coverage since the coil is longer and wider. I know this isnt a VLF so will we be loosing much sensitivity? ANYONE using a 12" coil currently for water hunting...... what kind of questions would you have? Ooooo we nailing down a cost yet? Please get waist deep in the salt water .... that’s where thing start changing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2020 02:40PM by dewcon4414.
Re: MDT 12" coil
January 01, 2021 12:15AM
Dew....... I don't think we are far away from the 12" coil. Barring any delays......... I hope to have one to test......maybe in a couple/few weeks. Will advise.