since I found mostly junk the last weeks, someone post an interesting find...thanks
July 21, 2014 07:24PM
I need to live vicariously please, thank you.
Heres what I like to dig Rod...

Cavalry relics...

Stay at it its out there

Keith
Re: since I found mostly junk the last weeks, someone post an interesting find...thanks
July 21, 2014 09:09PM
Keith......that CSA buckle. It is shaped just like the one my other digging buddy (he was using an ACE250 and that is all he will use...) found in the woods were him and I were detecting. Here real close to town. Apparently the site of a small skirmish. His was identified as a Tennessee style......or Tennessee "make" or something of that order. He hit his so hard with his shovel that it scraped it down to the brass. It was still valued at 23 or 24 hundred bucks!!!!!! You have got some great finds there. I'd give $200 to go on a guided trip with you!!!! LOL
Very nice digs Keith. What is the round object on the left side of the picture?

El
Re: since I found mostly junk the last weeks, someone post an interesting find...thanks
July 21, 2014 11:09PM
Nice, but what does the wife say about all that old stuff on her cutting board? I definitely would have been barked at, if she caught me.
July 21, 2014 11:12PM
UNBELIEVABLE Keith!!!!

Sight for sore eyes.

That's what dreams are made of.

Pinnacle of National Historical Significance.
Hey Keith just curious as to what detector found that CSA plate as it is SWEETTTTTTTTTTT!
That is super cool stuff you must have worked you butt off to find that but man it sure me feel great to look at it.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Thats what I like to dig too Keith...unfortunately never happens for me,lol. Beautiful finds,awesome spurs!!!
KEVIN

Good eye on the buckle...its a slight variation of te Tennessee style...this one is Alabama Thin....it was found in a Known Alabama cavalry spot....one of the stirrups in the pic was under it about another foot down...

P.S. Kevin no charge if you ever get down this way....

ELBERT

round object is a rossette with a man riding a horse on it.....found in a same spot as the lead Heart in the middle of the pic....this spot was a KNOWN Texas cavalry Spot....9th Texas to be exact...Ross' Brigade...The heart is Field made by a soldier....it is of the Cavalry Heart design with three initials on it 1 on each lobe and 1 on the botom point....the initials are R....H....C .......I speculate Ross Horse Cavalry....Priceless to me nad even some local collectors who want to opbtain it but cant LOL!!!

OZZIE

actually the baord was found at the dump one day about a month ago....so Im in the clear.....but my wife has threw oput my 5 Shield Nickles I had soaking and the garbage man haluled them off...wonder if I can find those at the dump..LOL

NASA TOM

Thanks you for the nice word's..

and yes I agree whole heartedly

Pinnacle of National Historical Significance

HAROLD

the CSA buckle was found with a Whites MXT with 6x10 DD about 11 inches down...it read Buckle on the screen LOL!!!!it was the last thing on my mind..

LAWRENZO

Hard to find but not really work.....Thanks...

RAY

Thanks... Heck theres alot of goodies in California....I'll bet alot of yalls spurs are of the iron variety...cowboy styles....still cool...!!!

One of my favorite finds in the pic is the Confederate C button...its my only REB C...in this area they are tought to find...Too deep South and late war to produce many...But I alwasy wanted one....Troy X5 got that one along with a Civil War Georgia State Seal button the week before same spot...

Funny story on the center Piece ....its a Colt Pistol powder flask.. has the eagle on it with cannons and stars...Right after I dug it I laid my machine down...Older fisher 1236...My buddy was still hunting and got into a nest of yellow Jackets....He jumped in his truck and took off and ran over my machine...I was just glad he did not run over the flask!!!!!.....I had to peel the machine out of the dirt as it was mashed in....turned it on and it ran fine..!!!try that now a days...

Keith
Awesome saves Keith. I would be tickled finding just one of those items. The powder flask is my favorite.
Corey
Nice work, what brand backhoe do you use? You must be a digging machine! God bless you, Keith!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie