Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75LTD update...

Posted by kcsteve 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75LTD update...
November 23, 2010 12:49PM
Yesterday I returned to an early 1830's site that I litterally had cleaned out earlier this year with my MXT using the 6x10dd coil and the Super 12 coil. Instead of using the ALL METAL MODE this time I switched back over too the disc.side and used Sens.85, Disc.Level 6, # of Tones 4H, Process Bp. To me, this was an incredible improvement more so than the ALL METAL MODE. The machine was very stable and quite and the depth was shockingly deeeeep!!! I was digging two plugs deep on just about every target and these were tiny targets deeper than 9"!!! The hits came in like a quick high flute sound ( very liking to my ears) and I just could not get over the depth! I found another cuff sized Dragoon button, 2 cut pieces of trade silver and many many pieces of lead and roundballs...all that were missed by the MXT. I've been told to crank up the sensitivity to 99 to get a better ID on the iron which I will do next time out. Really don't understand the "Notch" setting. I don't want to null anything out. I'm presently using a setting of "1" what setting should I set the Notch for relic hunting?

Also of note: Just received the FX-1 probe and used it on this old site. My advice...GET THE IN-LINE PROBE!!! Incredible performance for quick location of target after plug is open. I've got the probes on both MXT and DFX and can never do without them. It is truely an improvement for locating targets quicker! I've been relic hunting for 27 years now and the F75 LTD coupled with FX-1 probe is truely a high performance relic hunting machine and I think I am only scratching the surface at what this machine can really do. I'm impressed!
Re: F75LTD update...
November 23, 2010 01:10PM
Good post.
Thanks for the info.
November 23, 2010 08:56PM
Steve,

What is your coil sweep speed? Also, what does your ground balance to and what if any is your FE numbers?

thanks,
Cuniagau

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
qwk
November 23, 2010 10:33PM
I very much agree about the fx1 probe. After I had to send mine in for repairs, I tried hunting without it and lost interest. Too much work and time to locate targets. Using the probe targets id 100% accurate 100% of the time for me.
November 23, 2010 10:39PM
I've never had the FX1 probe but I love the Garrett Pro Pointer... best metal detector Garrett makes!
November 23, 2010 10:39PM
Cuniagau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Steve,
>
> What is your coil sweep speed? Also, what does
> your ground balance to and what if any is your FE
> numbers?
>
> thanks,
> Cuniagau

Sweep speed very slow and methodical. Seems the number 65 would come up every time I ground balanced and the FE would bounce around from .03 to .1

Steve
November 23, 2010 10:54PM
Steve,

This is the resultant of a extremely tight electromagnetic footprint of the elliptical DD coil...........coupled to a extremely fast microprocessor. You are still 'in' for more surprises.....IRT the F75.