Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MX Sport video with me and Bill.

Posted by khouse 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MX Sport video with me and Bill.
March 06, 2016 04:09AM
We didn't try all the programs or make a lot of adjustments. Pretty much out of the box hunt.
[www.youtube.com]

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
Re: MX Sport video with me and Bill.
March 06, 2016 04:50AM
Looks like a little lower sensitivity is the way to go. The eight tone gives the nickels a nicer tone then the four tone it seems. Great vid!
March 06, 2016 04:53AM
Thanks for the vid. The ID's seem pretty accurate. Depth seems decent too for a stock program.
HH
John
March 06, 2016 05:02AM
Nice video. The sounds are starting to sound better after watching this video. Just a little different.
March 06, 2016 06:31AM
Good video. Machine sounds better in this video. Still irritating to my ears, but that is just my opinion. I will not be buying this machine unless it can do something amazing that I have not seen yet. I have the time to wait and see what the first buyers can accomplish with it as they learn its strengths and weaknesses. Do not take this as negative, as I am sure it is going to be what it is designed for. A good, mid price range, all around machine....Stuart
March 06, 2016 02:35PM
We felt that 8 and 2 tone mode was the best. We tried 4 and 20 and went back to 8. But that's just us. Others may like something different? It's at least good to have choices on this machine.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
March 06, 2016 02:38PM
We thought the ID was pretty good as well. Pretty stable if not over powered for the area your searching.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
March 06, 2016 05:01PM
No 4 Tone With Modulate Audio /ON? What a let down.thumbs up
wjs
March 06, 2016 08:35PM

No 4 Tone With Modulate Audio /ON? What a let down.

To be honest the modulation does not work that good. It only seems to work within the last inch of depth and then it starts cutting out the signal. So in all reality you get a better signal and possibly a bit more depth without modulation on.
March 06, 2016 08:52PM
Nice video but not digging the new machine..I think its a water machine also, maybe that is where it will shine??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 06, 2016 09:05PM
wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No 4 Tone With Modulate Audio /ON? What a let
> down.
>
> To be honest the modulation does not work that
> good. It only seems to work within the last inch
> of depth and then it starts cutting out the
> signal. So in all reality you get a better signal
> and possibly a bit more depth without modulation
> on.

Thanks. I won't Be gettin' one then as I can't Hunt without Good Modulated Audio unless clad stabbin' and I got The XL-PRO with Bigfoot Coil for that. Also the Tones are too Digital for My hearing. Not bashing as rooten' for White's just Personal Preference.
March 07, 2016 03:11AM
Of course the tones aren't going to be an exact representation on a video but holy COW! I love my IDX "monobeeper",I can deal with that nicely. The tones on the MXS are NOT for me,it reinforces how nice the Explorer2 really does sound! MY ears don't like it. It may have its purpose in the water....thanks for making a video showing some things.smiling smiley
March 07, 2016 03:24AM
harold,ill
No 4 Tone With Modulate Audio /ON? What a let down.
Try 4 tone relic with vco and a high Sat speed.
March 07, 2016 03:28PM
Thanks for making the video Kenny and Bill,

Allot of people waiting on the sidelines to view reports like yours, before they make the purchase.

To be honest, I'm not pleased with the MX Sport. It's terrible, tones are too long and the coil foot print is too big and recovery speed is terrible as well.

While experimenting with all the modes, found something odd and auctally is to our benefit especially those enjoy using the MXT.

I was hoping the two of you would make a video with my settings, show others the MX Sport when tweeked can operate with crisp and no dragging on audio tones. Have lighting fast recovery and perform like the MXT but have more depth.

A couple of modes can be tweaked to transform the MX Sport into a hot machine, Prospecting mode or All Metal mode.

Select Prospecting mode, then turn off VCO and bump up SAT to 4 or 5. As simple as this these settings just transformed the MX Sport into one mean MXT. Now the coil is at it's normal footprint, and with SAT recovery is adjustable.

With prospecting mode, VCO OFF turns the Sport into a hot MXT, leaving VCO ON keeps it in prospecting mode for zip zip nugget hunting or fresh water hunting.

That would be great if you guys can do this, show others the MX Sport can be used for serious hunting with these settings.

Thanks again for making the video,

Paul
March 07, 2016 05:15PM
Will have to wait and see but I believe from testing that the coil is the culprit in a lot of the issues.
March 07, 2016 05:20PM
"To be honest, I'm not pleased with the MX Sport. It's terrible, tones are too long and the coil foot print is too big and recovery speed is terrible as well"

Glad you said it LOL

"I believe from testing that the coil is the culprit in a lot of the issues"

Im thinking faulty coils. In videos, I am seeing that some perform different than others. Especially Bill S. and his. His all metal is terrible and pinpoint depth is way off.
March 07, 2016 06:46PM
I have had moderately high hopes for this machine, be a shame if it falls on its face. White's has a lot riding on it. It may be in this day and age of the Deus and FORS/Racer White's just got too far behind holding onto 20th century thinking about how a detector is supposed to act and sound. This is not even a major offering, just another $700 mid range detector, so if White's turns enough people off now they will have a harder time getting a hearing whenever (if ever) they get around to releasing something serious.
March 07, 2016 06:50PM
"White's just got too far behind holding onto 20th century thinking about how a detector is supposed to act and sound"

This is exactly why other companies are pulling ahead. They are listening to customers instead of dictating to them. In the design of anything, what make more sense? Listing to what a few engineers suggest or the thousands of users?

I think it is falling flat. The tones are so bad, who thought that this was good audio? The all metal seems to be suffering. I don't what the hell is going on with audio modulation. Some are saying the coil foot print is too big. The separation is bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2016 06:57PM by Beyonder-Pa.
wjs
March 07, 2016 07:21PM

This is exactly why other companies are pulling ahead. They are listening to customers instead of dictating to them.

Exactly. They (whites) need to send their prototype detectors to real users that will put them through their paces. Not these yes men that are just tickling their ears. On the MXS the modulation is horrible, the sound is not very good, it would have been nice to have the nickel hit with a high tone in at least one of the tone settings. If they would have asked us maybe they would have got some good input.

The tones are so bad, who thought that this was good audio?

They have their "Pros" that give them input and do testing for them. The need to get some new "Pros". They need to get the detectors in the hands of people that will take them out and do some real testing and then give them some honest feedback...Oh well maybe next time.
March 07, 2016 07:22PM
beyonder-pa
Especially Bill S. and his. His all metal is terrible and pinpoint depth is way off.
At least on mine, the outside edge of the coil is almost as deep as the center. That being said, it is a beast on larger objects. I would like to see air test on a civil war plate/buckle. I went to a tot lot and could not go close to the swings or equipment without it sounding off. I've taken other detectors to the same areas and never had them pick up on objects from so far away.
Let's see how Steve Howard and Whites respond now that customers are getting the mxs in our hands.
March 07, 2016 07:32PM
Well, videos and stuff are helpful but I don't read too much into them. I hope to be hands on with one next week so will just see for myself.

No doubt though that for far too long most companies make what is convenient for them as opposed to what most would agree is right. It was convenient for White's to have the headphone connector facing directly away from the operator on the back of the pod from a manufacturing standpoint. It makes no sense at all to anyone who uses metal detectors. As long as we see stuff like that, we know that the people in charge A. do not use metal detectors and B. are not listening hard enough to people that do.

Those days are now gone and the companies that continue to ignore the users are going to pay the price. I am an old White's fan from way back and would love to see them succeed. But fact is right now Nokta/Makro is getting a huge amount of good will from me, not because of the detectors they make, but their openess and desire to listen to their customers. They are not a perfect company either as none can be, but I will forgive them a lot as they before our very eyes become the type of company that has been missing from the scene for so long. That is the kind of eager beaver competition old school companies like White's face now and they better wake up fast.
What is so hard about having a person on staff that engages customers in open, direct, and honest communications? How can companies that at the end of the day are tech companies be so ignorant of social media and all that it implies in today's world?
March 07, 2016 07:50PM
Some good info here posted here by folks.

For a manufacturer to indeed make a detector that is cherished my many.

A lot of the information can be had right here on this forum for example.

This shouldn't be hard to do.

All a manufacturer has to do is purchase some of the detectors that possess desirable qualities--- so the manufacturer can see what is going on.

Now just witnessing such, doesn't mean it can and will happen--- it still takes some engineering and design.

I never figured out why they (White's) when the final version detector was complete--- to float the detectors to a few respectable folks and let them talk openly about them.

A good product will indeed stand the heat most times--- less than superior for the $$$ paid won't.

It is called risk taking, and with risk can come huge benefits.
March 07, 2016 08:23PM
Amen, Steve
March 07, 2016 08:30PM
Im not bashing whites. My second detector was a spectrum xlt and it was great, too bad I didn't understand a thing about detecting then. But this Mx Sport, IMO, is not turning out to good. I read many forums as do some on here. look at the issues you are seeing.

But most importantly, like I said in my post: "Spring time is the wrong time for new releases", they have customers that have a unit which, IMO, needs more testing. IF they would have followed my advice and released these in November or even December, this would of been all worked out by spring. Now you have a lot of headaches with the season already started.
March 07, 2016 08:44PM
"Nice video...pretty much what people want to see!" Well done to whoever filmed that?
No messing about, not much wind noise, no excessive pointer beeping and ...plenty of targets!
It is what it is = coins + other metal things [ mimic ] each other in the eyes of any MD

On the video Channel, someone asked: "What kind of a tool were you using etc?"
Back [ in the day, ' 70's, 80', ] you wouldn't have dreamed of taking a shovel or a spade into a public grass area!!!
You used SCREWDRIVERS "to pop out the finds" exactly as SEEN in the video...the [ experienced operator ] only broke out a [ hand trowel ] when he KNEW the target was that bit deeper!"

Well done to that man!!!

Sidenote: I've been out testing the Test MXS sent and am also filming the activity but with immediate commitments won't be able to edit for a few days.
March 09, 2016 12:21PM
The problem is Steve .....companies keep giving us what THEY want and we keep buying them. To me spring is the perfect time to release a machine. All the testing should be behind them and with the right testers for the most part youd think the bugs would be worked out. Its not very cost effective to put out a machine ....... just to go back to the drawing board. Companies need reliable/experienced tester...... maybe more of them willing to not tell the company what that want to hear for fear they wont get to test the next ones. You need real feed back. I agree, price should equal quality. Overpriced machines with nothing new but the packaging isnt what we want.

Social media is an excellent tool. Slowly leading us into the intro of a new machine....... makes no sense but hype. I mean...... by that time all the work is done and money invested. You should be confident in your product. Im still waiting on that water machine......... hype hype lol.

Dew
March 09, 2016 02:45PM
wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is exactly why other companies are pulling
> ahead. They are listening to customers instead of
> dictating to them.
>
> Exactly. They (whites) need to send their
> prototype detectors to real users that will put
> them through their paces. Not these yes men that
> are just tickling their ears. On the MXS the
> modulation is horrible, the sound is not very
> good, it would have been nice to have the nickel
> hit with a high tone in at least one of the tone
> settings. If they would have asked us maybe they
> would have got some good input.
>
>
> The tones are so bad, who thought that this was
> good audio?
>
> They have their "Pros" that give them input and do
> testing for them. The need to get some new "Pros".
> They need to get the detectors in the hands of
> people that will take them out and do some real
> testing and then give them some honest
> feedback...Oh well maybe next time.
Exactly!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
March 09, 2016 03:04PM
Yep ...what you two said lol
March 09, 2016 03:44PM
"The problem is Steve .....companies keep giving us what THEY want and we keep buying them."

Well, these are businesses, and there is exactly one gauge of success - sales. Nobody makes anybody buy a metal detector, it is purely discretionary. Every time you vote yes with your wallet you send the message they are doing it right. If they don't build what you want, for any reason, don't buy it. If you do, then who exactly is it that is the problem?
March 09, 2016 04:24PM
"To me spring is the perfect time to release a machine."

Can you expand further into why this is a perfect time to release a machine that isn't ready for the consumer in the prime of hunting season? There are about a dozen videos of the MXS and about the same written reviews from REAL users(People that are going to be using the machine all season). IMO(and others), the Mx Sport is in need of a lot of MAJOR revisions. Tone quality and the audio modulation are just two of them. So what happens to the dissatisfied users that paid for there machine and it's the beginning of the season? Only three possibilities:

1. They stick with the machine and hope for the best.

2. They sell it before what they feel is wrong with the machine gets out.(I will bet my socks Bill S. will sell his THIS year!!)

3. trade it for a different machine.

In points two and three, the customer is left holding the bag. Loses a couple PRIME weeks hunting, and out a few hundred dollars.

"All the testing should be behind them and with the right testers for the most part youd think the bugs would be worked out."

In the real world, this type of scenario no longer exists. It did in the 1970's, but today, electronics are so complex, that a handful of quality testers cannot cover every scenario(no time and not cost effective). The best possible solution is to send it out to the customers before the prime hunting season starts. That way, if the machines have to be sent back, they can get it back in time.

"Its not very cost effective to put out a machine ....... just to go back to the drawing board"

This is true to an extent. However, what about "word of mouth"? Bad "word of mouth" because a product isn't ready can kill sales. You still can't give away f75 ltd2 upgraded machines. I saw some selling for $600. That's a $500 loss and it's a little over a year old.