Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD/SE POLL

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD/SE POLL
March 09, 2016 03:34PM
For the folks that own/use a F75 with the cache 'cl' mode.................. how many of you are genuinely using the 'cl' mode? And 'WHY'?

((( I'm looking for a few 'detailed specifics' ))).
Re: F75 LTD/SE POLL
March 09, 2016 04:38PM
I've never used it.. Almost never use BP mode.
March 09, 2016 05:51PM
I don't own one anymore but I only used it on rare occasion on deepies to see if it would clean up the response/ID. No deliberate hunting with it.
March 09, 2016 07:54PM
? As this relative to my v6 Tek t2, is it worth the $300.00+ to upgrade?
I like it as is but if the boost & cache modes increase performance significantly then I have a few days left
before the upgrade offer ends.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
March 09, 2016 08:08PM
I'm interested to see what responses you get, too. I asked on here about large target / cache hunting with the (standard) F75, last summer, and didn't get a single reply. I guess it's a niche that's not done by many people.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2016 09:33AM by Pimento.
wjs
March 09, 2016 10:20PM
I did not use it much at all. I mostly used the BP mode.
March 09, 2016 11:36PM
I never have used Cl mode as none of the sites are clean enough.
March 09, 2016 11:37PM
I've had the F75 LTD2 a little over three weeks, but have already taken it on a number of hunts (used the F70 the previous two years so it feels very familiar). Mostly BP and some FA, but no CL as of yet.
March 10, 2016 01:11AM
I have tried it a couple times. Needs a slower swing in in low to mid target areas.....seemed pretty deep, remembering correctly....What's up Tom?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2016 01:12AM by ozzie.
March 10, 2016 01:52AM
Never have used it.
March 10, 2016 02:29AM
I've messed around with it before but never hunted with it, but I don't mind it being there. It is a slower but deep process but I do like BP mode and have used that on cleaner ground.

Cache hunting is a sort of niche type of hunting.

I did buy the big Fisher 15" coil just in case I found a reason to believe there might be a cache and it's also useful in BP mode.

HH
John
March 10, 2016 02:36AM
I cant hardly run Cache mode in my soil..

Too much how should I say Blow back from the soil...

YET put small 5DD coil on and go to Cache mode and put in delta tone and dial sens back ...it does some sort of almost slight blending in iron debris with ultra slow sweep

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 10, 2016 02:37AM
Oh, oh, haven't been using that mode, but now have a feeling I maybe should be. HH jim tn
March 10, 2016 07:22AM
Keep the responses (thoughts) coming. Yes, I have intent...... and will explain....... with enough responses.

((( Perfect forum to ask this question..... due to us high volume 'niche-happy' type of hunters. )))
March 10, 2016 08:07AM
No cause it seemed to slow for my iron sites. Also never heard of anyone actually finding caches with it or using it before. Didnt know how to use that mode?
March 10, 2016 11:38AM
I have only tried cl mode in our yard 2 times ...... that is not a good test for it with all the trash. I have used bp mode at different places with good success.
March 10, 2016 01:39PM
Tom,
I use it to discriminate via density.
HH
Mike
March 10, 2016 09:44PM
I've used it a few times I found it slow but had good depth....dug a aluminum rim for a ford 1/2 ton.... at 22" in the CL modesmiling smiley
March 11, 2016 02:10AM
Have used it only in my test garden.
March 11, 2016 02:52AM
I use the F-75 LTD almost exclusively, and I've tried the CL mode more than just in passing. However, I really struggle to pick up good target signals in CL, particularly in sites with even moderate iron. So put me down as "tried but don't use"
March 11, 2016 10:54AM
Never used it in 3 years
March 11, 2016 06:49PM
Tom I've used it before a few times, with limited success. As others have noted, it's a very slow going mode.

I saw a post from a fellow on FM that was having good success using it with very low sensitivity settings.

-Brian
March 12, 2016 04:26PM
While the 'cl' mode is a novel (and commendable first step) concept.................... the bottom line is.................... it virtually suits no purpose. I am a extreme niche hunter....... and WILL find application for 'niche' units........ however, I have yet to find genuine application for the 'cl' mode. The exceptionally delayed/smeared audio response is a bit fatiguing....... and difficult to apply. In the interim .......... a snap-shot timing that is between 'bp' and 'cl' modes...... might be more usable.

It really looks like nearly all folks have no use for it...... other than 'demonstrating' and test-garden testing.
And............... dropping Sens to extremely low settings...and invoking the 'cl' mode is somewhat self-defeating.
March 12, 2016 04:33PM
What about hunting large meteorties in an open field with no trash at depth?
15" coil

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2016 04:33PM by supertraq.
March 12, 2016 07:18PM
For those who didn't follow my link, this is what Dave Johnson had to say about it:

Dave Johnson was nice enough to post some tips on using CL (Cache) and BP (Boost Process) mode on the Teknetics forum from FM I thought it might be interesting to readers here:

Posted by: Dave J.
Date: September 24, 2015 08:59AM

"Cache mode" on most F75 and T2 versions is very similar to "Slow mode" on the F70. The response is slow, with improved sensitivity to large deep targets. However this means that the signals from shallow targets will smear, with a cost in both sensitivity and in ability to discriminate and ID targets. Shallow targets will do better in cache/slow mode if you slow down to a crawl, but the default and boost modes work better for the shallower stuff. And, if you really do want best response on deep stuff, all metals mode goes deeper than disc mode. For finding the deep stuff, an alternative to Cache/Slow mode is to search in Boost mode all metals, then switch to disc when you suspect you're fighting trash. ........Another way to deal with shallower stuff is to search in Cache/Slow mode with the searchcoil lofted several inches above the ground. This will result in a big cut in response to shallow trash, but perhaps more importantly it will achieve a large reduction in ground mineral interference (since ground itself is the shallowest target) and in mineralized ground will usually enable deeper detection than if you were scrubbing the surface in a misguided attempt to "get as close as possible to the deep targets".

SUMMARIZING: Cache/Slow mode is basically for locating large deep stuff in areas where there's not so much trash as to defeat the enterprise.

--Dave J.

My feeling is it would work best with a large coil (15DD, or aftermarket Detechs/NEL's etc), and may be more applicable to European hunting.