Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pinpointing Probes

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Pinpointing Probes
December 15, 2010 01:50PM
I know that mostly detectors are discussed here but I have a question to anyone who has a Sunray Probe. I like using a pinpointer so I don't have to pickup my detector and use it to locate targets. Up and down increases the chance of damaging the detector. I purchased a Sunray inline probe (FZ-1) for my CZ3D. It does not get very good depth. Is it possible to use the pinpoint feature on the detector to get more depth with the probe? Will this damage the probe? Just not satisfied with the depth of the probe at this time.

Thanks
Tom in SC
Re: Pinpointing Probes
December 15, 2010 05:25PM
If your detector is in Disc mode, then your probe is also in Disc mode. That is a motion mode on your detector. That means that your probe also has to be in motion. So the more motion you can inpart to the probe, the more depth you will get out of it. Can be hard to do in a hole.

Yes you can use the pinpoint mode on your probe and get rid of that motion requirement, and see better depth out of it.

I'm a uniprobe fan myself.
HH
MIke
Re: Pinpointing Probes
December 16, 2010 01:01AM
Uniprobe all the way real deep great sound

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!