Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 After Market Coils

Posted by virginia digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 After Market Coils
April 30, 2016 10:22AM
Does anyone have experience using the non Fisher coils. Overwhelmed by the variety and would appreciate any help in this area.

Mark
Re: F75 After Market Coils
April 30, 2016 05:44PM
The stock 7x11 coil,,,for separation and depth combined-- hard to beat IMO. At least my experiences.
April 30, 2016 06:27PM
Agree
April 30, 2016 06:42PM
I like the fisher coils. I have a Nel Sharpshooter that I like also.

A little bit better separation then the stock coil and the depth doesn't seem to suffer much.

HH
John
April 30, 2016 07:06PM
I tried a Mars Tiger on a standard F75. It air-tested modestly 'deeper' than the 11" x 7" stock, on most targets, eg. modern coins, and was only 'shallower' on quite small targets (eg. smaller than a Medieval cut farthing (simulate with a 7.5mm x 7.5mm square cut from mid-wall of an aluminium drinks can)).
However in the field, no perceptable depth increase was found, both on test-garden targets and a site with potentially many deep coins.
It also wouldn't Fastgrab, this seems a common 'flaw' with larger aftermarket coils, eg. Detech Ultimate, and also on T2's too.
So a disappointing result.
April 30, 2016 07:53PM
I also don't think you can beat the 7x11 stock coil in performance.....awesome coil.
April 30, 2016 08:09PM
I've had really good success with the NEL Sharpshooter search coil.

tabman
April 30, 2016 09:17PM
I think the stock coil is also the best all around coil and luckily Fisher makes quite a few situation specific coils for the F75.

I said earlier that I had the NEL Sharpshooter and like it but I think the Fisher 5x10 DD coil is probably just as good (costs a little more) and it's a closed body, which is nice.

I've been wanting to try a concentric coil like the f70 10" concentric eliptical or the little 6" concentr5ic just to see if I can open up some old sites I've hunted before .

HH
John
Jeb
May 02, 2016 09:51PM
DirtyJohn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the fisher coils. I have a Nel Sharpshooter
> that I like also.
>
> A little bit better separation then the stock coil
> and the depth doesn't seem to suffer much.
>
> HH
> John

Nel are good but can suffer from reliability problems

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2016 09:55PM by Jeb.
Jeb
May 02, 2016 09:58PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tried a Mars Tiger on a standard F75. It
> air-tested modestly 'deeper' than the 11" x 7"
> stock, on most targets, eg. modern coins, and was
> only 'shallower' on quite small targets (eg.
> smaller than a Medieval cut farthing (simulate
> with a 7.5mm x 7.5mm square cut from mid-wall of
> an aluminium drinks can)).
> However in the field, no perceptable depth
> increase was found, both on test-garden targets
> and a site with potentially many deep coins.
> It also wouldn't Fastgrab, this seems a common
> 'flaw' with larger aftermarket coils, eg. Detech
> Ultimate, and also on T2's too.
> So a disappointing result.

TIP ......Can I suggest dropping your sensitivity to around 20 and discrimination to Zero before ground balancing with the Mars coil ,as this is advised to enable smooth G/balancing ? Then when G/balancing has been set ,then apply required Sensitivity and apply the discrim your want . But its advised to drop both before GB`ing with the MARS coil for a smooth ground balancing procedure .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2016 10:02PM by Jeb.
May 02, 2016 10:19PM
Interesting idea, Jeb, I can't imagine why it would work, though, I assume that Fastgrab doesn't care how you've got the machine set up - disc, AM, 2 tone, 4 tone, etc, as it looks at the raw coil signal.
One thing I did try was raising the coil higher during the Fastgrab pumping, the idea being that the larger coil would pick up the ground more, hence it would need to be moved further away to get the appropriate low level signal that Fastgrab presumably requires. Anyway, that didn't seem to work either, so I just manually ground balanced it.
It's all academic, anyway, as I sold it after 2 months.
Jeb
May 02, 2016 10:42PM
Ok bud. But if you do get another Try it. I have the MARS Explorer coil for use on my F75 DST SE and the MARS Tiger coil for use on my Teknetics G2+ ,and I have to do both those procedures on both to get them to GB smoothly .
May 02, 2016 11:34PM
I am using my buddies NEL Sharpshooter currently, but going back to the Fisher 5 x 10 DD. Close to the same in depth, but the 5 x 10 gets into tight spots better and has a nice tight sweet spot. HH jim tn
May 03, 2016 02:18AM
13 ultimate is crazy deep..

I find the 5x10 to out do the stock coil in separation especially on down the barrell object's and holds the depth close to the stock and maybe a hair better in bad soil..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 03, 2016 03:31AM
I'm with Keith. I really like the 5x10. Big plus for me is the closed design doesn't hang up on every twig.

I tried the sharpshooter and wasn't real impressed. It only ID'ed correctly on half of the coil and wasn't any deeper.

Kenny