Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This is the kind of stuff we find in N. MI. Went out this evening.

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
This is the kind of stuff we find in N. MI. Went out this evening.
May 03, 2016 12:47AM
We don't find many great finds. Makes a nice display though. A 2 cent coin did come out of this old house site last year. I was using my Tejon this time. When I felt the button in the dirt I was thinking oh I have roundness. I thought for sure it was a coin. Even though we don't get many great finds it's still a fun hobby and I enjoy going out treasure hunting and seeing what I can find.

Rick

Re: This is the kind of stuff we find in N. MI. Went out this evening.
May 03, 2016 12:53AM
Nothing at all wrong with those finds.

I would take them in a heartbeat.

If there are things like these in your sites = good places to be hunting.

I don't think anyone is going out and mounting pouch loads of extraordinary finds on every outing,,,,if we did,, detecting wouldn't be so challenging or exciting, plus a worthy find would likely go unnoticed.and not get the attention and respect it deserves.

Did you see my post recently of the merc dime... You now how I rate a good metal detecting hunt in my area??? You find one silver you can consider you have a great hunt.
Now some of the folks in the northeast USA,, would probably laugh at my comments here....Well all I can say,,they can load up,,come on down,,and hunt,, and they will see for themselves.

Also,,finding silver coins laying at 5-7" deep in clean ground,,, IMO does very little to keep a person brushed up on the real challenges of metal detecting.
But maybe I'm off base here,,,but these are my thoughts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2016 01:00AM by tnsharpshooter.
May 03, 2016 01:06AM
Rick I just found a barrette pretty close to the one you just found, nice stuff!
May 03, 2016 01:20AM
That piece with the blue stone in it is badazz Rick thumbs down
May 03, 2016 01:24AM
No, your right tnsharpshooter. I am in a fairly old area and it is fun digging this stuff up and I'll keep going back cool smiley . There is a lot of stuff there to found.

I did see your dime and it's great day when you see a merc come up.

I'm guessing the barrette thing is avon because I found a silver plated Avon fork.

Rick
May 03, 2016 11:10PM
Nice saves. Good hunting