Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Little CTX and Deus hunt

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Little CTX and Deus hunt
May 10, 2016 12:31AM
Went out this morning for a short while,,and went back this evening to this site.

A site where around the house and in the front yard I've killed with Etrac and various coils,,and CTX with stock coil.

Haven't hunted this site for over 2 years,,and I knew pickings would be slim,,,but the site was in very nice shape to hunt-- no tall grass or weeds.

This morning I played around with CTX first,, and noticed threshold was gone 90 percent of the time...I was running a tiny bit of disc in lower right of screen.

Put the CTX back in the truck,,and broke out the mighty Deus with 9" coil...This house does have some modern trash but not much,,so I opted to use high notch setting using 18 khz.

Dug a couple targets that were chopping,, a screw not pictured and one button,,,in front of the steps I decided to take the notch away,,and struck another good target,,a button of some sort giving a glint of high tone in with all the low iron signals. (Full tones O disc)

Went back this afternoon,,and headed away from the rear of the house with CTX,,even being over 120 ft away from house,,as I proceeding walking and sweeping,,again no threshold to hardly speak of,,,so back to the truck and out with the Deus again,,,dug a lock, the wafer looking thing- could be a washer I guess,,but it has a groove around the perimeter,,was about to call it a day,,and I get this strong signal,,meter reading 84,, 18khZ, reactivity 2, 9" coil--- at around 7" deep the small sorta shiny target come out-- thought at first it was a half dime,,instead,,a piece of play money,,it say 10c,,Uncle Sam's play money. And this piece discovered around 150 ft from house out back in a field.

I can say without reservation folks who only desire to run CTX or Etrac with stock coils setup on their detectrors,,,and are hunting old home sites,,,and you like to find goodies around them,,folks had at the very least better get them a smaller coil than stock or another detector that performs good or better around iron and nails..

I didn't hunt very long today IMO,,will be going back tomorrow.

In the past I have dug a few IHs, no silver coins though-- but I thought today maybe I had broken that streak.

Btw the play piece has a date,,can't read the third digit,,19X7.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2016 12:35AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Little CTX and Deus hunt
May 10, 2016 03:08AM
Nice digs tns, I like using the 4.5x7 coil on the etrac in those spots then i do a clean up with the F75 and or Goldmax
I just found a piece of play money identical to yours. The date on mine was 1950.
Re: Little CTX and Deus hunt
May 10, 2016 03:15AM
docbars Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice digs tns, I like using the 4.5x7 coil on the
> etrac in those spots then i do a clean up with the
> F75 and or Goldmax
> I just found a piece of play money identical to
> yours. The date on mine was 1950.

Thanks a lot.

I notice Old California ( Paul) has vis Goldmaxx for sale I think on fm forum.
Haven't peeked over there today,,it may already be sold.

Gotta love the Xp techy in iron.

And for gee whiz,, waved the play dime over CTX coil-- 12-34 signal.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2016 03:25AM by tnsharpshooter.