Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just saw Chigago Ron Doing a Dental Commercial

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just saw Chigago Ron Doing a Dental Commercial
May 10, 2016 06:01PM
I was watching the news and a commercial came on and I thought who is that I've seen him before somewhere??

Then I said wait a minute that's Chicago Ron..LOL!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Just saw Chigago Ron Doing a Dental Commercial
May 10, 2016 06:47PM
Seen it too. Like about a month back. Can't mistake his voice = that's how I figured out it was him. I knew I seen him somewhere too but listening to him gave it away!

Good for him I guess?? lol
May 10, 2016 07:22PM
The ultimate sell out.
May 10, 2016 07:34PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The ultimate sell out.

You are right about that Harold, he states at the beginning of the show "Dig Wars" along with Mike Scott, about the thousands and even millions of dollars in treasure that they have found metal detecting. I have found that "Loose Lips Sink Ships" or why do people have to brag about the worth of their newly found treasure. You can bet your bottom that if I found anything of that magnitude, no one would ever know.
May 10, 2016 07:36PM
Those shows He got paid to do helped closed a lot of are spots.
May 10, 2016 11:50PM
Been on along time. New teeth. Blind you if you look at them to long. It cost big money so sure he got a deal for talking about how much he likes them and I guess he is a fireman?
May 11, 2016 12:47AM
He was a Chicago fireman. Now I believe he's a fulltime detectorist. Runs his UK trips, lost jewelry finders service, etc.
May 11, 2016 01:55AM
That's been on AWHILE Keith! Where have you been,out detecting?smiling smiley Dude seems OK,maybe just enthusiastic? It might be that guys who have seen some horrible stuff get really manic or really depressed,he just happens to be the former! I didn't think he had been detecting that long though.....hmmmm.
May 11, 2016 02:13AM
Ron was featured in a Wall Street Journal article back in 2011+/- timeframe iirc. Had the finds to show back then too.
May 11, 2016 03:45AM
I really don't Know much about him..

Just found it and I thought coincidental??

He gets my respect for Being a Firefighter..

Detecting seems to have a strange hold on the Psyche Does it Not??

I've seen his Mudlarking Special..I thought it was well done..Well presented..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 11, 2016 04:51AM
I enjoyed Ron's early videos hunting around the Chicago area and doing some beach and water detecting. Seems that the videos and his detecting have moved over to England with his tours. Interesting, but I don't relate so much to those.

Gonebeepin'

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
May 11, 2016 03:34PM
Well if he is doing a commercial for a dentist maybe he is detecting for gold fillings

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 11, 2016 06:37PM
I've considered doing one of his UK detecting trips, he seems to have better hunt spots, and the last time I checked his prices were better then the Jimmy Sierra trips.
May 12, 2016 12:41AM
I would also love to do a U.K. trip one Day Brian. and the Mudlarking would be a HAVE TO!!!!

If I ever go I would want to go with at least a couple or more people stateside for Fellowship and companionship

Maybe one You others and Me can go at on time together.

would be a AWESOME experience I do Feel!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla