What would you pay for a well used E-Trac
June 01, 2016 08:17PM
Hi,

I have a chance to buy a well used E-trac...at least 8 years old...detector still works well I'm told,just some cosmetics...foam grip has a tear in it...and the detector has a few scraps on the upper shaft.
Seller said it has been looked after other then that....My question...what should I offer,don't want to low ball the seller but I don't want to pay more then what it's worth.
Chime in lads...give me some feedback.
Oh and I've never owned a Mindlab detector before.

Thanks,
Re: What would you pay for a well used E-Trac
June 01, 2016 10:44PM
750.00 to 850..00
June 01, 2016 10:47PM
I'll go lower. 700.00 to 800.00.
June 01, 2016 11:39PM
Well it sounds like a Ireland made if so they are good ones IMHO. I got lucky and picked one up a few years back for 695.00. I wouldn't pay much over that. They are fairly sturdy though and can still be repaired unlike the older Explorers so go for it if price is rite.
June 02, 2016 12:10AM
These days, it is a buyers market. People might list machines on the classifieds for a certain price and in their mind, they feel it is worth that. It may be...but something is truly only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. And these days, people aren't snatching up machines like they were a few years ago. Back then, you could buy/sell/trade stuff fairly easy and not worry about being stuck with a machine for too long. In fact, I had sold some units within mere minutes of listing them. The last few I have listed, I had to practically give them away and had to sit on them for weeks.

Me personally...for an 8 year old eTrac with just the stock unit, no accessories, I wouldn't give over $600 for it, and I would be VERY hesitant to do it for 6 bills. $500-$550 would be more of my ball park for one, and that would be if it's in pretty good shape.
June 02, 2016 12:22AM
$500 to $600 for one that old

me personally though = I wouldn't even buy one that old... that's a risk I wouldn't take

not when you can get 2, 3, 4 yr old closet queens in mint cond. for like $750 these days - Hungarian just sold one for around that price a few days ago on here
June 02, 2016 02:17AM
$700 is about as low as Etrac prices go. I sold a fairly rough Etrac for $750 about six months ago.

$500 to $600 is Explorer II or Explorer SE money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2016 02:24AM by Bayard.
June 02, 2016 02:25AM
One in great shape out of warranty $700 tops.

One in great shape with half of warranty left $825 tops.

One in great shape with most of warranty left $900 tops.

One that has been rode hard and out of warranty,, $600 tops.

One thing to keep in mind when buying these used-- rechargeable batter condition is or can be questionable.

A unit with the aftermarket RNB battery should add a little value.

Used detector prices can be affected by time of year too-- right now is buyers market,,,come September/Oct-- a sellers market.(Land machines)

Dedicated water detectors ass backwards usually.

CTX can do both-- could be one exception.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2016 02:27AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 02, 2016 02:28AM
$0000000000000000000000

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 02, 2016 09:57AM
Thanks for the feed back guys...gives me a good idea on what to offer...gota start somewhere.

Cheers Bob.
June 02, 2016 10:10AM
"It's a bit like buying an older but reliable car. Depends on the value to you. How much you are willing to pay for it knowing it doesn't have a Warranty.
E Trac's 'appear to be 'the Toyota' of cars for keeping a lot of it's residual value. I've watched second hand sales for the ET in the 3 largest markets and they sell well, they don't hang around.
As for a figure - between $ 550 - $ 750"
June 02, 2016 03:22PM
Sometimes you can get new ones for $609 with full warranty if you learn some Espanol.
June 02, 2016 05:07PM
As stated earlier it's the Irish made model, however my Maylasia made one never had a problem and it went deep!

If you haven't yet check going prices on find mall and Ebay.

Aaron
June 03, 2016 02:04AM
A like new one sold on here last week for $740.00 or less,that was the asking price.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.