Check out this gent using small coil on GPX
June 03, 2016 04:59AM
Re: Check out this gent using small coil on GPX
June 03, 2016 05:19AM
Can't tell what it is? And he never said!
June 03, 2016 11:50AM
jimmyzr1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't tell what it is? And he never said!

I believe it is one of these he dug.

The gent post here regularly btw,,maybe he will comment on his hunt he had on what looked liked turned into a terrific day for him. And what he has learned about the GPX and the small coil since.

June 03, 2016 02:38PM
That site has a lot of iron in it and furnace coke. I had been there a few days prior with the 11" coil but it was nulling and blanking with all the iron. I dug a few minie balls with it and an eagle button. So when I went back I brought the 5x10 DD with me and the camera. I just had a feeling about that signal when I started digging it that it was going to be a plate. Thus my comment "I can't believe I called that". My wife had walked right over it with her TDI and was sitting on a log a few yards away watching me hunt and dig that signal. It was a Civil War eagle breastplate. It was my 3rd one ever and if you couldn't tell, I was a little bit excited.
June 03, 2016 03:02PM
Nice! Thought you seemed familiar....... It was funny listening to your wife giggle in the background.
June 03, 2016 07:42PM
Nice find Daniel thumbs down

I knew it had to be a plate when you started questioning the length of the blade on the shovel and it was hitting so strong!