Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Check out this gent using small coil on GPX

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Check out this gent using small coil on GPX
June 03, 2016 04:59AM
Re: Check out this gent using small coil on GPX
June 03, 2016 05:19AM
Can't tell what it is? And he never said!
June 03, 2016 11:50AM
jimmyzr1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't tell what it is? And he never said!

I believe it is one of these he dug.

The gent post here regularly btw,,maybe he will comment on his hunt he had on what looked liked turned into a terrific day for him. And what he has learned about the GPX and the small coil since.

June 03, 2016 02:38PM
That site has a lot of iron in it and furnace coke. I had been there a few days prior with the 11" coil but it was nulling and blanking with all the iron. I dug a few minie balls with it and an eagle button. So when I went back I brought the 5x10 DD with me and the camera. I just had a feeling about that signal when I started digging it that it was going to be a plate. Thus my comment "I can't believe I called that". My wife had walked right over it with her TDI and was sitting on a log a few yards away watching me hunt and dig that signal. It was a Civil War eagle breastplate. It was my 3rd one ever and if you couldn't tell, I was a little bit excited.
June 03, 2016 03:02PM
Nice! Thought you seemed familiar....... It was funny listening to your wife giggle in the background.
June 03, 2016 07:42PM
Nice find Daniel thumbs down

I knew it had to be a plate when you started questioning the length of the blade on the shovel and it was hitting so strong!