Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Metal detecting real world techniquesconfused smiley

Posted by Craig 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Metal detecting real world techniquesconfused smiley
June 13, 2016 05:09AM
Hi Dan I have a question on your video I recently bought,first of all what a fantastic job you have done great info on wet slope sand,I have been detecting nine years now and I have owned numerous detectors over that time I would like to think I know and have a fair bit off experience on wet sand.The way you hunt is very simular to the way I hunt looking for troughs only your info has improved my finds of coins and gold two fold thank you, my question is sometimes I come across lead futher down the slope than the coins at first I thought it could off been a fresh drop by a fisherman but it has happened on quite a few times now,aim just wondering is there a explanation for this the lead and coins have been the same depth.Craig
Re: Metal detecting real world techniquesconfused smiley
June 13, 2016 05:31PM
Hey Craig, any chance you could let us in on your private conversation with Dan? Dan who would help and a reference to what post you are talking about. It sounds interesting.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
June 13, 2016 07:58PM
Its not me.....years ago had lots of experience along this type of detecting and indeed is an art....perhaps the Dan in question could chime in as interesting subject.....and could benefit some of our members.....
June 13, 2016 08:01PM
Craig, are you perhaps talking about Toms Dankowski's DVD video ? He has one called Metal Detecting Real World Techniques Beach and Swimming Hole Hunting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2016 08:13PM by Thunderdome.
June 13, 2016 11:27PM
Craig, I have joked about this in the recent past.....It's Tom Dankowski, not Dan Tomkowski............. You're not the first to do this.
June 14, 2016 04:00AM
Hi guys ups I mean Thomas Dankowski sorry,anyway if anybody can explain about the lead sinkers that would be great,
June 14, 2016 04:32AM
Hi,,,,I'm not Dan,but could it be the shape of the sinkers?....I'm thinking the sinkers would or could have a tendency & ability to roll more with the wave action on the bottom compared to coins....Without actually seeing and witnessing your situation I'm just giving you a speculative answer.....Good luck.....JJ
June 14, 2016 09:32AM
I have found the heavy line (sinkers and gold) to be closer to the water while dimes and pennies were higher on the slope.
June 14, 2016 02:00PM
I do feel all depends on the wave action from day to day but like targets do run a certain line on any given day.
June 14, 2016 07:10PM
Hi guys in the video tom talks about low medium añd high troughs,usually the low density troughs near the water heavy density up the top off the beach slope,mybe the sinkers down near the water are from an older heavy trough,but if that was the case why are they the same depth.
June 15, 2016 06:50AM
LOL, I find myself a bit thick more often these days. I have long treasured Tom's DVDs and see the clues I misread. I don't find the same patterns on my West Coast beaches Tom describes on his DVD. I have kept a couple CZ3Ds to work the sand when I am not Excalibur-ing the water. I certainly lack Tom's discipline and skill, but I have benefited from his teaching.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie