Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like a cherry XLT White's on friendly f/s priced right

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looks like a cherry XLT White's on friendly f/s priced right
June 17, 2016 11:30PM
For anyone interested
Re: Looks like a cherry XLT White's on friendly f/s priced right
June 17, 2016 11:38PM
NOW STOP!!!!! We're all "tector poor" over here the way it is!!!-----kiddin, I'm kiddin (kinda like, sort of)!winking smiley
June 17, 2016 11:56PM
Good machine as found my first Silver with a XLT.
Good Ole' American made!
June 18, 2016 02:00AM
Yeah it's a nice looking machine but you can get a lot better and newer machines that will chap it in the field now a days.
June 18, 2016 03:55AM
Nice machines but simply no depth in disc modes
June 18, 2016 02:17PM
Its all in the hands of an experienced user..Had a XLT buddy for 8 years...Worked well as I had a CZ and no crosstalk...Saw him grab 8-9 inch Barber dime with the small 5.3 coil as hunting along side him grabbed them with a CZ so no depth????
June 18, 2016 02:37PM
The Pre-Amp Gain setting is important for depth on the XLT and DFX, I have dug many deep coins with either one back about 15 or 20 years ago. Nicely built and deep machines back in the day, if adjusted for the conditions.
June 18, 2016 03:56PM
Most of my older hunting sites,,,I've been hunting behind XLT.

What do I notice in these sites,,hunting behind with what I discover???

Targets around iron,,, tend to show up moreso,,and deeper like 8.5" plus deep.

Gent used stock coil on his XLT,,and it wasn't past him to run all metal and dig isolated targets too.

Seems in its day,,a good detector,,,and some folks just meld with a detector like the XLT,,and just keep using them.

To each their own,,,I sure ain't going to criticize,,some nice finds have been had by when using them,,,even less performing detectors have contributed to some nicer finds as well.

I find firearms used by folks,,, they act similar toward these too.

Beware of the ole southern boy who only has one rifle.....just saying.
June 19, 2016 04:49AM
I encourage folks to use XLTs. I love to detect behind them.
June 19, 2016 02:29PM
Right on..."Beware of the ole southern boy who only has one rifle.....just saying".

Indeed experience counts and my hunting buddy only used an XLT over the 8 years.....nuff said I guess.....
June 19, 2016 04:21PM
Detectorist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I encourage folks to use XLTs. I love to detect
> behind them.

Having ran one for 2 years in good dirt, and going to great lengths to get aquanted with it and get the most out of the machine I agree. My sites came alive after re-hunting them with other units. Stock coil in disc mode a 6" dime was just about the cut off. A minie' at 8" was right at the cut off of telling you it was a non ferrous target. It was a fun machine to take to a school yard and dig shallow clad, the whites VDI scale is perfect IMO. But the XLT was out paced by less expensive Whites at the time. The 5900/blue and grey pro could reliably hit 12" mine balls in disc modes.