Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A little experiment I did with Nokta Relic small coil

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A little experiment I did with Nokta Relic small coil
June 28, 2016 12:22PM
After a short hunt at my proving grounds-- found only one small piece of lead.

So I buried a clad dime at around 6.5".

Run all the mode 2tone,3tone, an deep,,,with varying gain,,ID mask 0, Imask 0.

2 tone gave the best signal -- shaky though.
Deep mode worse-- so my soil mineral levels I will stay away from it.

I played with ground balance a little,,,with ground balance dialed in lower than ground reading,,signal was about the same as when GB was dialed to ground value,,,But if I raised just a couple points--- signal transitioned into a clear cut iron signal tone wise.

So that leads me to beleive,,,keep an eye on ground balance while in a site-- to get max depth.

Just something I usually do with all my detectors to shed light for myself on just exactly what to be on guard for when using.

Lovely machine,,,certainly not fraid to run this detector with the small coil up against some of these old houses around here,,one never knows what may pop out.

Only gripe I have with this machine,,,,if I could collapse the rod like the Deus-- my Toyota little truck,,this detector is a pretty snug fit while riding in the passenger seat.

If I ever get another truck new,,I will be putting one of those covers over the bed-- to haul many of my detectors.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2016 12:25PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: A little experiment I did with Nokta Relic small coil
June 28, 2016 01:12PM
I think the machine is so sparky it runs better with the small coil, just my thought
June 28, 2016 03:54PM
Potomac run Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the machine is so sparky it runs better
> with the small coil, just my thought

Only had the stock coil on for a couple minutes,,,to do one test,,,to verify my thinking with the detector.

I may use it someday,,might be a while with is hotter weather.
June 28, 2016 11:15PM
I very seldom use the 5 in, use the 5 X 10 most of the time. 5 X 10 seems to be the perfect coil for that machine. Seperation is as good as the 5 and better ground coverage and depth.