Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I stand in solidarity with our friends from Turkey and the victims of the terrible tragedy...

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fro The Washington Post

Consider, for instance, that since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Americans have been no more likely to die at the hands of terrorists than being crushed to death by unstable televisions and furniture. Meanwhile, in the time it has taken you to read until this point, at least one American has died from a heart attack. Within the hour, a fellow citizen will have died from skin cancer. Roughly five minutes after that, a military veteran will commit suicide. And by the time you turn the lights off to sleep this evening, somewhere around 100 Americans will have died throughout the day in vehicular accidents – the equivalent of “a plane full of people crashing, killing everyone on board, every single day.” Daniel Kahneman, professor emeritus at Princeton University, has observed that “[e]ven in countries that have been targets of intensive terror campaigns, such as Israel, the weekly number of casualties almost never [comes] close to the number of traffic deaths.”

Get some rest. There will be no nukes launched tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2016 11:57PM by goodmore.
Hey Goodmore,

Back in the day, when the alert sirens went off, the red lights on the base all flashed red in every direction, in case any alert crews were outisde the alert facility and needed to get to the alert ramp quick......

You never knew. Run to the "cocked" airplane, turn on the master battery switch, put on your helmet, plug into the coms and wait for it....

And it would come, over the UHF .."this is xxxxxx, this is xxxxxx, with a yyyyyy, for zzz, aaa, and bbb. If the first "y's" were one kind, it was an exercise, if they were another kind, it was the end of the world as we know it.

Pretty sobering for a 22 year old co-pilot.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2016 01:49AM by lytle78.
Yep! Get some rest ....close your eyes .... you are in good hands .......
Nothing to see here everyone.
Just move along . Lets go . Nothing to fear but fear itelf ! Move along !
Quit bring a racist bigot and xenophobe...move along get some rest .....
All is well !
Putin is the reason for isis setbacks--Not OBOLA.
I guess it was the Russians that did this?

[www.foxnews.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
I figure we need to nuke Russia in retaliation.
I guess this makes sense to those that would take over and overthrow the US government. Our foreign policy has stunk for the last 60 some odd years and now with the recent GWB jr. policy and now the Obama policy of toppling state leaders in the middle east and bombing the hell out of the people there, then bringing migration from those countries into western Europe and the USA with people that want to kill us....what the hell is going on? Well, I'll tell you whats going on, world domination by the devil worshiping Global Elite, they not only want all of your money, they want your soul too, get right with Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior before it's too late...the Anti-Christ is coming and he is ravenous..........
Well you can believe anything you want to believe. What ever helps you make it through your day. Myself, I am a non believer. Religion is what went wrong with the world. Maybe Jesus isn't on our side. Maybe the Muslims hold all the cards and have been right all along. Wouldn't that be a kick in the ass? I believe the Anti Christ is already here and his name is Donald Trump. He has a 666 under that orange flop on his head. Religious people from many faiths have been predicting the end of mankind for eons. We're still here.
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well you can believe anything you want to believe.
> What ever helps you make it through your day.
> Myself, I am a non believer. Religion is what went
> wrong with the world. Maybe Jesus isn't on our
> side. Maybe the Muslims hold all the cards and
> have been right all along. Wouldn't that be a kick
> in the ass? I believe the Anti Christ is already
> here and his name is Donald Trump. He has a 666
> under that orange flop on his head. Religious
> people from many faiths have been predicting the
> end of mankind for eons. We're still here.

Really?? I don't know you nor am I in any medical profession but I would prescribe you some potent meds if I was. WOW
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out We have people on here wanting to carpet bomb the middle east with nukes and you want to give me meds? I guess I missed something in ethics class. Save your drugs. If Trump wins I'll want em. Until then I guess I'll have to smoke my own.
The question should be,,how did we get where we are currently as a country???

And to think this process was a gradual change,,and this in a way hides just how much we have changed-- people ,,some do have bad memories.

And some things happen day in day out, or yearly,, or every so often--- and folks are none the smarter they are going on.

For example,,look at the history of Supreme Court appointees,,,,notice where they get their degrees???

Would it be a fair statement to say,,,a place of higher learning like Harvard,,,could a mindset be established,,,a culture,,way of thinking,,,and this overall could be part of the teachings for those who attend???

Could a court loaded with such folks,,not be as reflective overall,,,when it comes to making decisions--- rulings.

Would having a better mix,,actually justices who were educated elsewhere,,overall provide a more round, robust,,consolidated thinking group of folks to render important decisions???

Our military,,,do folks here realize,,,a super high majority of general officers and admirals,,,actually attended their respective service academy???

And the same thing here,,,could appointing such a high percentage of these service academy folks to these high level positions,,,could discounting others with higher level learning degrees from other institutions,,,could this be sabotaging actual better possibilities if these other folks were indeed included???

Our manufacturing and industry base has taken big hits,,,,why,,and who??

Isn't it funny,,seems our political system,,,makes it hard to place blame,,hold individuals accountable.
Granted if some of these " culprits" do run for higher office,,it may show its head,,,but if they just sit back and keep doing the same old job-- no one really pays attention.

We are behind big time,,,and in this game,,guess who the refs are???
Actually the ball players and the referees are one and the same..and what does this from a common sense standpoint bring= a rigged game.

This Middle East snafu,,,could it have been predicted??? I think so.
But politically who really cared,,or cares??

We haven't needed Saudi oil for a long while now,,,,yet we keep investing monetarily and militarily in the region,,Why???

Just imagine,,all the "supposed" education these folks that have been making all these glorious decisions in the Middle East,,how could so many be so wrong???

When Japan started making things and selling them in the USA,,,a lot of Americans took issue with this,,,they wouldn't buy Japanses products,,and folks laughed at their vehicles..

Where Idid the word tariff go?? Seems out the window.

Why was the word tariff created in the first place??
A type of protection for a nation, right???

Remember back in the 70s and 80s,,a person could just glance at the Dow jones industrial,,,and have a pretty good feel for how the economy in the US was doing,,,can you do that today??

Where are the CEOs inside the USA,,are they not patriotic,,,why are they not running to the microphones with the press,,,and telling the politicians and the American people,,,what we need to do precisely to make this nation roaring again with industry lik we did during the 50s.

Or have we priced ourselves out of the market???

But if this indeed is true,,this means with due time even Mexico, South Korea, and China will do the same.

I think here is our biggest problem.

Our founding fathers,,were a wise bunch,,,when they put our constitution and political system together,,,there are things they didn't know.

Did they know for example we would consist of 50 states??
Or be comprised of over 300 million people.
Or folks would live in large numbers percentage wise to see the ripe old ages they are today??
Could they have imagined the inventions,,and arrival of the digital age we see today??
Could they have imagined the medical technologies??
Could they have imagined planes carrying folks around the world to various destinations in a matter of hours??
Could they image a billionaire or multi billionaire individual???

The USA is a much bigger ship it seems than the constitution allowed for and as such we as a country now are having to make things up as we go along,,and a lot of this making up is without rigid passage of laws or constitutional amendments.

I still feel today,,there is a special person within our country here the USA,, that will eventually step out from behind the curtains.

But in order for this person to materialize--- An event,,a significant event will have to take place.
Stopped a problem today.. Went to the barn several days ago to get the lawn mower and a wasp stung me on the back,I live with a lot of pain so no biggie.
Went into the barn today to get the chain saw to trim trees along my driveway and dammit another one got me with a full dose of venom,hurt a good bit.
I sat the saw down and went into the house piss't off,girlfriend asked what's up.
I told her this is the second attack in a week,gotta be a nest,so with Raid wasp&hornet spray I walk in looking for the nest,immediately right on the tip of my nose,hurt like hell,throbbing.
Looked up and found the nest,maybe 15 or more wasp flying around this small thumb size nest,only 4 pods in it,starter home,lol
Anyway I sprayed the nest and as many as I could as they flew away,nest is destroyed and problem is gone.
Just taking out the nest,not fogging my barn is all it took..

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
Detectorist Wrote:
> The body count is over 35 right now. Prayers for
> all.

Thank you to you and to others who contacted us after the terrible event.
Knowing that there are people all around the world who think of us and send us their prayers really mean a lot for us!
So did anyone work out where the ships full of oil went when they left Turkey?

It cant be that hard to work out whats going on - Follow the money, then lock up the filth -

How hard can that be?
lytle78 Wrote:
> I guess it was the Russians that did this?
>
> [www.foxnews.com]
> trikes-kill-at-least-250-isis-fighters-in-iraq-con
> voys.html

The Russians "prompted" OBOLA to allow our military,still the world's BEST,to step up their attacks on goodless' buddies.
I have no buddies. Yours are on the other whacky forum. Go blend in.
goodmore Wrote:
> I have no buddies. Yours are on the other whacky
> forum. Go blend in.

"I have no buddies"----if the Truth has Even been spoken,this is it.
ozzie Wrote:
> Pimento Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm puzzled by the 'Glassland' post. Anything
> to
> > do with the movie?
> >
> [www.rogerebert.com]
>
>
> Nuking an area can melt sand into glass.....I
> think that's what he meant.

Exactly, I was using the nation that end in "land" as metaphor to adding another Land,Glassland.
Heard it for 30 yrs in reference to the disdain for the Savage terrorists/warring Arabs in the Middle East.
I'm not running for Prez.So calm down good more.
But if I was I would melt the nest along with there resources and weapons.

I'm not running for Prez.So calm down good more.

I know. Your just some old hick. But that still doesn't clear you to post evil and hateful posts. You need to be called out on it for being one irrational individual. I would take your guns in a heart beat for making posts like that.

"I have no buddies"----if the Truth has Even been spoken,this is it.

I think you meant ever. I learned a long time ago in the service what a buddy was. Bet you have a few. I fail to see why you keep mentioning me in your posts. It's clear we don't like each other. I figure you get your kicks by doing it. But in all honesty I think you are just a dick. How about we just leave each other alone? I'll start. I'll ignore you first.
Why Goodmore,if you weren't my friend,I don't think I could bear it.
goodmore Wrote:
> Fro The Washington Post
>
> ven in countries that have been targets of
> intensive terror campaigns, such as Israel, the
> weekly number of casualties almost never close to
> the number of traffic deaths.”"]
>
>
>
>
> Get some rest. There will be no nukes launched
> tonight.

Oh,so accidents and natural cause compare to insane Islamic terrorists killing innocent people?
Just look away nothing to see or care about.

lytle78 Wrote:
> No, ST, I haven't seen Wonkette in a couple of
> years, but knowing that it's a satirical humor
> site, thought that it was odd that you linked to
> it, so I took a look.
>
> From your post, I guess you thought it was serious
> -- oh well.
>
> I enjoy discussing metal detector stuff with you -
> about that stuff you seem calmer and more
> thoughtful.
>
> From now on, I will limit myself to that - so that
> I can continue to enjoy your valuable detecting
> contributions.
>
> With respect

I agree you are very knowledgeable and I do like your post here and on the other forums,though they are dying a slow death,they about gone.
Anyway I don't care to argue with you,,little scotch and I'm ready to set'em on fire over there in raghead land,I know inappropriate, hey that's me..lol