Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Maybe Dave J can help this cat

Posted by supertraq 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Maybe Dave J can help this cat
July 06, 2016 01:47AM
[www.findmall.com]

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
Re: Maybe Dave J can help this cat
July 06, 2016 08:08AM
For grip replacement, you have to open up the control box head. Unplug the cable loom coming from the 'battery-box' , unscrew the control box from the top of the grip section. That might be all, I can't recall needing to unplug the trigger switch. Then the grip can be slid on, then re-assemble the control box.
Double sided-tape can be used to 'secure' it.

The tennis racket grip solution certainly works well, I've done that. Wind it double-thickness.
Hockey stick grips are long, they might be worth investigating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 10:22AM by Pimento.
July 06, 2016 09:59AM
No the trigger switch I was asking about in reference to purchasing parts -

I was asking if anyone knew what parts can be purchased and what parts cannot -

Reading that thread it looks like you can purchase a replacement hand-grip foam so I thought I would ask if you can buy trigger/toggle switch & knobs separately - I would not think calling upon the genius of Dave J is necessary for a relatively easy question as I am sure someone around the forums would know -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 06, 2016 10:26AM
Short-lever trigger switches are a standard part, and you should be able to find a US supplier. I've sourced a metric-threaded version in the U.K, and carefully swapped over some parts to transfer the long lever from the old switch to the new one. I actually cut it down a bit, I felt that a 'medium-length' lever was best, and less likely to get damaged.

Here's the switch from a U.K distributor (who sells to hobbyists) Rapid Electronics:
[www.rapidonline.com]
This web-page says it's Imperial threaded, it doesn't really matter as there are nuts supplied anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 04:32PM by Pimento.
July 06, 2016 03:22PM
Maybe Dave can design a new detector?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 07, 2016 01:14PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Short-lever trigger switches are a standard part,
> and you should be able to find a US supplier. I've
> sourced a metric-threaded version in the U.K, and
> carefully swapped over some parts to transfer the
> long lever from the old switch to the new one. I
> actually cut it down a bit, I felt that a
> 'medium-length' lever was best, and less likely to
> get damaged.
>
> Here's the switch from a U.K distributor (who
> sells to hobbyists) Rapid Electronics:
> [www.rapidonline.com]-
> spdt-on-off-on-sprung-min-toggle-switch-75-0086
> This web-page says it's Imperial threaded, it
> doesn't really matter as there are nuts supplied
> anyway.

thanks Pimento - I am in NZ so I would have to get one sent over from the US if they sell them

I will check out the UK ones now - cheers and thank you

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 09, 2016 01:21AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:smileys with beersmileys with beer
> Maybe Dave can design a new detector?

I'm sure he can,and is. Talk is cheap. You should design and market a new detector. Besides, if it it weren't for Big D. You wouldn't be swinging a Racer.
July 09, 2016 09:50AM
Bill long Wrote:
> Lawrenzo Wrote:smileys with beersmileys with beer
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe Dave can design a new detector?
>
>
> I'm sure he can,and is. Talk is cheap. You should
> design and market a new detector. Besides, if it
> it weren't for Big D. You wouldn't be swinging a
> Racer.

Maybe Dave J can help straighten out a couple of things - This is the second time I have heard that FT has had something to do with the Makro Racer design - First, it was Makro copied the T2 and now if it wasn't for Dave J the Racer would not exist - wtf?

Perhaps Mr Dave J can tell us if he was involved in the design of the Makro Racer, as this would explain as to why both Nokta and Makro units are world class - Well done Dave J - I must give thanks to Dilek at Nokta for keeping that secret - well done winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 09, 2016 01:14PM
This was discussed on here a while back. The Makro used the t2 as there starting point by reverse engineering and added their on improvements and user interface, so was discussed on here.. Some said shame on Makro others said that's the norm.I agree it's the norm..

July 09, 2016 04:40PM
supertraq Wrote:
> This was discussed on here a while back. The Makro
> used the t2 as there starting point by reverse
> engineering and added their on improvements and
> user interface, so was discussed on here.. Some
> said shame on Makro others said that's the norm.I
> agree it's the norm..

So was it hearsay based purely on speculation?

Or did someone from First Texas officially state that Makro reverse engineered the T2?

As we also know Dilek responds to most things related to Makro/Nokta - Did she agree that this was indeed the case?

Or did the thread end up being wishful thinking? - Your help would be appreciated as to dispel any unwarranted rumors -

Regards

Vincent

P.S. I did manage to find a couple of threads about it and here is what members are saying -

"I suppose if you put in the effort, you could make a machine produce the 'sound of a T2', without actually directly copying 'how' Teknetics achieved the sound.
They have completely different microprocessors in them, which is just one reason why it's improbable there's any direct copying.
The Racer has a Microchip PIC 24F..xxx processor, the FT machines have a Texas Instruments par
t"

and

"I've seen internal pics of the Racer (circuit boards), it doesn't look at all like a T2/F75"

finally -

"Hi,,,I don't think the Racer is a slimmed down copycat version of the F-75/T2....The frequencies are different for starters then we get to the other additions like the vibration & light....This basically tells you the company/designers are not lazy and are trying some new innovated ideas.....The Racer may be similar in the way it functions but that don't make it a clone of another machine"

But never found anything there to support what you say here -

"Makro used the t2 as there starting point by reverse engineering and added their on improvements and user interface"

Has this been validated? - thank you

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2016 04:59PM by rustic charm.
July 09, 2016 09:53PM
eye rolling smiley good speculation if I remember Correctly but I can't remember..grinning smiley

July 10, 2016 02:54AM
Thanks supertraq - sorry about all the questions but I run a MDing support site in NZ and I wanted to get clarification on this for our detectorists over here - I appreciate anything you guys pass on regarding this hobby and of course everyone else who keeps us informed of the different things going on - Cheers & thank you again supertraq winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 10, 2016 04:12AM
Heres something about racer gold [www.dankowskidetectors.com]

July 10, 2016 04:28AM
I believe there's no doubt if you think about it,a company starting out a few years ago running with or out running the big dogs.
If I we're too start from scratch and design a new car you can bet I would have a pile of car parts to learn from,no need to reinvent the wheel,just make it better and cheaper.. Better being relative to performance as I keep seeing a few breakdown's on here.. But most new machines do.

July 10, 2016 07:22PM
supertraq Wrote:
> Heres something about racer gold
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> .php?2,101755,101755#msg-101755

thanks supertraq - I am starting to see things a lot clearer now - I appreciate it winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]