Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MX Sport return policy Whites electronics

Posted by Kemper94 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MX Sport return policy Whites electronics
July 23, 2016 04:45PM
Source: [www.whiteselectronics.com]

Returns

Returns will be accepted within 30 days of purchase. White's Electronics, Inc. charges a 20% restocking fee. Return credit will be for the price of the Merchandise less restocking fee of 20%. If we made a mistake on your order, your return shipping fee will be reimbursed. Otherwise customer is responsible for all shipping charges.

Returns must be shipped to:
White's Electronics, Inc.
Att: Returns
1011 Pleasant Valley Rd
Sweet Home OR 97386

For more information, call us at: 1-541-367-6121, Ext 213 - Heidi Jewell, or Ext 191 - Cari Brewer

If you are missing an item or received the wrong item, email us at orders@whiteselectronics.com

If you purchased an MX Sport I would suggest you contact Whites by e-mail rather than phone. You will then have a record of communication. I would suggest you ask for a return shipping label and I would ask to receive a full refund ( purchase price plus original shipping ). If you are directed to consult your dealer I would ask for the same. With the issues that Whites has admitted to about this detector I think it would be reasonable to ask for a refund even if you are past the 30 day period.

In reference to the screen issue, Whites position in regards to this question-- " Are you saying a person is " good to go " if they have the inferior plastic but see no cracks yet ? " is stated as " Yes. " on their forum.
That may be their position on the other issues with the MX Sport so I would suggest you resolve any issues by contacting them by e-mail.
Re: MX Sport return policy Whites electronics
July 23, 2016 04:50PM
Glad I steered away from that one
July 23, 2016 06:09PM
I can't believe so many fell for it, Folks over at D&P were well versed before it was too late so only a few fell in the Trap
July 23, 2016 06:14PM
Glad i stuck by my 12 month rule of not buying a new machine incase teething problems arise,this MX Sport is plagued with problems,its a shame as Whites have always been my favourite detector brand for many years,not any more i am afraid.
July 24, 2016 04:56AM
From Tnet-----
member-
July 17th--Bought a MX Sport a few weeks ago, went to the river and it leaked with in minutes of being in the water. Whites sent me a new one and I took it to the river today and it leaked after about 30 minutes. Has anyone else had this problem. Both times I was in knee deep to waist deep water. The detector seems to work good on land but I wanted one I could use in the water to.
July 17th--both times the battery compartment was dry. I first noticed a muffled threshold then the I.D. numbers go crazy and the screen fogs and the detector dies.
July 17th---Thanks for the info. I will call Whites tomorrow and see If they will ship me a third one or maybe I can just get a refund and go with a different detector. Why would they keep sending detectors with brittle plastic problems out , knowing the results will be the same.
July 19th--Called Whites today, said they were just days away from having the problem solved. They could send me another out then or they would refund my money. Im leaning toward the refund and putting it toward a used CTX. Seems to me if they do actually solve the problem in the next few days it will take six months to a year to know for sure.
July 21st--Whites told me today they would mail me a refund. While I am disappointed with the problems with the detector , customer service at whites did what they said they would do and that gives me the confidence to purchase again when and if they work out all the bugs.
Today--- question asked to member by a member--10 pan, Did you receive your refund? If so was it the total amount spent on the MXS? The reason I ask is I see on another forum a copy/paist of the Whites policy on refunds and they take 20% of for a restocking fee. It seems a bit crude to sell a defective product and then take one fifth of the price back if you ask for your money back.
Today--It will take at least a week to ship the detector back and get the refund. I can tell you they are paying all the shipping cost so far and I will call Monday and ask about the fee. 20% would be unacceptable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This may be a good one to keep an eye on and see what happens. That could be compared to other's experiences. It doesn't seem that the member was informed by Whites that a 20 per-cent charge would be imposed so that may not be the case.
July 24, 2016 05:08AM
What is missing here???
Seems I remember Mr Sabish's report,,,did he even submerge the detector in water???

Is each unit infact leak tested after assembly???

Now,,remember I'm no engineer,,,but do know a little bit about pressure and water.

Meaning,,would a manufacturer that makes a detector waterproof to 10 ft,,,what depth would be a sensible depth to do test with??? 13, 15 or even 20 for of depth.

No where did we really ever see this detector being used underwater,,,we did see one video of detector being thrown in the lake,,,but if that particular detector would have went TU after being in the lake,,,would,we have ever seen that particular video???

You just can't make this stuff up.

Remember some folks have said their units had cracks upon receipt.
Mine may have,,I didn't inspect cause I was unaware of them.

I wonder what the true answer is here.
How many different detectors and in how many of the first batches were actually used in water while submerged for extended times??

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 05:15AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 24, 2016 05:14AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is missing here???
> Seems I remember Mr Sabish's report,,,did he even
> submerge the detector in water???
>
> Is each unit infact leak tested after assembly???
>
> Now,,remember I'm no engineer,,,but do know a
> little bit about pressure and water.
>
> Meaning,,would a manufacturer that makes a
> detector waterproof to 10 ft,,,what depth would be
> a sensible depth to do test with??? 13, 15 or even
> 20 for of depth.
>
> No where did we really ever see this detector
> being used underwater,,,we did see one video of
> detector being thrown in the lake,,,but if that
> particular detector would have went TU after being
> in the lake,,,would,we have ever seen that
> particular video???
>
> You just can't make this stuff up.
>
> Remember some folks have said their units had
> cracks upon receipt.
> Mine may have,,I didn't inspect cause I was
> unaware of them.

He sent it in an apparently he got it back and the screen cracked again. It seems they are using the same screen material by replacing with defective screens.
July 24, 2016 05:21AM
They have stated they identified defective faceplate material,,hence they started using new faceplates (at least one would think),,,but they have not released any data either serial number or manufacture date that states these units ID here have correct faceplates.

So it seems one might inquire with a dealer about SAT 8 to insure they get correct firmware,,,,but it seems though a person may unknowingly get one with defective faceplate.

There is no practical positive reason from customers standpoint NOT to release this information.
July 24, 2016 10:31AM
Seems I remember Mr Sabish's report,,,

We were all expected to read between the lines. That was his response. In other words he sold out. I had one of his books and it went in the trash. I also swore to myself I'll never buy another detecting magazine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 10:33AM by goodmore.
July 24, 2016 11:57AM
goodmore Wrote:
> >
>
>
> We were all expected to read between the lines.
> That was his response. In other words he sold out.
> I had one of his books and it went in the trash. I
> also swore to myself I'll never buy another
> detecting magazine.

Andy did state that in his review, Although he did not point out the faults within the running of the machine, He did say the things he liked about it, When you compare his list of likes to the features it has then A Person can read between the lines and see just how much he did not like about it,

My first reaction to Andy S, post was one of WHAAATT, Now I gotta be a bloody mind reader, But when you think about it, It all makes sense, Where as I would Rip'em a New One, Andy was being a little more tactful, and he would be taken off the list and never get to review another Whites machine ever again,

Me I don't give a Rats Backside, If I think it I will Say It, But saying that I would never get another machine to test, But Here's the Kicker,

If the original pre production field testers and engineers had all been on the same page, ANDY Could of Told the Full Story Or Given the chance My Comments would not Appear So Brutal, Although I don't agree with the "Be Gentle with Me" Type Reviews I can see why they exist,

And no matter what ever happens with this machine or how good it becomes (If at All) Years Down the track 99% of us with remember the BS Answers we have been told and all the Argument that and Banning that have revolved around this Machine, This Machine will NOT carry the heritage of the 5900/6000s the DFX/MXT/ IDX models of yester year and it will not be found in the Whites Museum and around camp fires in years to come it will be little more than a joke, And no doubt some of us will take the "P" out of anyone who has one, In my mind I am already their because I did my bit and tried to warn people

I had nothing to Gain by saying what I did I Love Whites Machines and their Coils are the Best,

Some folks did not like what I said, Tough, In exactly the same way that those who are complaining about the faults are getting it in the Ear from those who like it But that being said Those that Like it Do Not understand how those features are supposed to work, So they do not know any better, because if they did then they would see the things that ALL of YOU guys are seeing,

John,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 02:00PM by auminesweeper.
July 24, 2016 12:19PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> They have stated they identified defective
> faceplate material,,hence they started using new
> faceplates (at least one would think),,,but they
> have not released any data either serial number or
> manufacture date that states these units ID here
> have correct faceplates.
>
> So it seems one might inquire with a dealer about
> SAT 8 to insure they get correct firmware,,,,but
> it seems though a person may unknowingly get one
> with defective faceplate.
>
> There is no practical positive reason from
> customers standpoint NOT to release this
> information.

According to this thread at Whites forum---[forums.whiteselectronics.com]

They are saying--" Early or late production may, or may not, have an issue with clear face plate cracks. "

The same day they are saying---Whites will update your machine with the latest firmware AND a new faceplate.
If you DO see cracks, send it in and Whites will replace the faceplate AND update the firmware if required.
--------------------------
( Note-no mention of a new material, just claiming they will replace with a new one.)
--------------------------------
The same day 37 minutes later--
If you are purchasing off the net, specifiy that you want a unit with the updated SAT and faceplate.
-----------------------------
Very confusing. Do you have to have a unit that was purchased off the net and specify you want an updated faceplate ? Is there really an updated faceplate ? I have not seen them use the term " updated faceplate " I don't think they have ever said that they have an updated ( material wise ) faceplate. If they do there should be a record (via serial number ) of which units have an updated material faceplate whether the units were serviced or not.
July 24, 2016 12:23PM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They have stated they identified defective
> > faceplate material,,hence they started using
> new
> > faceplates (at least one would think),,,but
> they
> > have not released any data either serial number
> or
> > manufacture date that states these units ID
> here
> > have correct faceplates.
> >
> > So it seems one might inquire with a dealer
> about
> > SAT 8 to insure they get correct
> firmware,,,,but
> > it seems though a person may unknowingly get
> one
> > with defective faceplate.
> >
> > There is no practical positive reason from
> > customers standpoint NOT to release this
> > information.
>
> According to this thread at Whites
> forum---[forums.whiteselectronics.com]
> read.php?76138-MX-Sport-Screen-inspection
>
> They are saying--" Early or late production may,
> or may not, have an issue with clear face plate
> cracks. "
>
> The same day they are saying---Whites will update
> your machine with the latest firmware AND a new
> faceplate.
> If you DO see cracks, send it in and Whites will
> replace the faceplate AND update the firmware if
> required.
> --------------------------
> ( Note-no mention of a new material, just claiming
> they will replace with a new one.)
> --------------------------------
> The same day 37 minutes later--
> If you are purchasing off the net, specifiy that
> you want a unit with the updated SAT and
> faceplate.
> -----------------------------
> Very confusing. Do you have to have a unit that
> was purchased off the net and specify you want an
> updated faceplate ? Is there really an updated
> faceplate ? I have not seen them use the term "
> updated faceplate " I don't think they have ever
> said that they have an updated ( material wise )
> faceplate. If they do there should be a record
> (via serial number ) of which units have an
> updated material faceplate whether the units were
> serviced or not.

They have not released any serial number info publically regarding any issue with the detector,,,I don't think.

I am beginning to think,,,the reason why is,,,,they don't know actually.

But sure ain't going to admit that!!

If there is actually an improved face plate being used,,,,why not make it where it had a way to be readily identified with a mark or something.
Something for a customer to be able to recognize.

This could be just another smoke screen.

Maybe this should be their new motto.

Our detectors smoke others.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 12:43PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 24, 2016 01:02PM
Just a FYI this is return policy for sales off white's website.
July 24, 2016 01:29PM
Just a simple sticker on the box stating that this machine is FULLY upgraded. This would keep dealers and distributors from opening every box. But Whites will not do this because they have no idea what or if a machine has any or all upgrades! Whites motto - Send them all out and see what comes back?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 24, 2016 01:39PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> Just a FYI this is return policy for sales off
> white's website.

Yes. I think that was referenced in my OP. Are you not a Whites dealer ? What is your return policy ? I see on your site under the "Terms " category--
We have a 30 day money back gaurantee on all items. If dissatified for any reason please return, at buyer expense, for refund. Unused and still sealed items will get 100% refund minus shipping costs. Used items will be assessed a 15% restocking fee.

Under these terms is it not true that a person can not check out a machine, they are wanting to buy, without first purchasing that particular machine ? What is your policy for " unused and not sealed items ?
July 24, 2016 06:23PM
All this reminds me of the RV industry: Get a good one and it's all luv,get a bad one and it's"Say what" ??
July 24, 2016 06:49PM
khouse Wrote:
> Just a simple sticker on the box stating that this
> machine is FULLY upgraded. This would keep
> dealers and distributors from opening every box.
> But Whites will not do this because they have no
> idea what or if a machine has any or all upgrades!
> Whites motto - Send them all out and see what
> comes back?

Amen Kenny, I guess if it is not complicated then it's out of reach of some people,

John.