Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Predator tools(Raptor)

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Predator tools(Raptor)
August 07, 2016 02:50PM
Used many different diggers over the years but the Raptor model sure makes a nice plug, moves a lot of dirt however is heavy but sure cuts down retrieval time especially on deep targets...
Re: Predator tools(Raptor)
August 07, 2016 05:12PM
HEAVY IS THE KEY WORD CAN'T HUNT ALL DAY WITH ANYTHING HEAVY

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 07, 2016 05:38PM
Indeed heavy and useless in a holster were it pulls your pants down, however doable in a detector bag especially when it can unearth a 8-9 target in half the time as digging becomes work instead a hobby.
August 07, 2016 05:48PM
Nothing more than picking the right tool for the job. Are you out just nabbing surface clad and occasional 4 inch coin? Then a coin popper, screwdriver or Knife will get the job done. Out looking for 6 to 12 inch deep silver? Ain't nothing like the Predator 31. You can be 8 inches down with a clean cut plug in seconds. Try that by jabbing, sawing and hacking with a knife - it's not fun. All these tools have a specific job and each do them well. Most all of my videos you'll see the Predator in action.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
August 09, 2016 04:53AM
I run a Raptor, Pro Pointer and Sunray pouch through an old leather belt that I use exclusively for hanging them. Just have to strap it on and I never noticed the weight of the Raptor or the entire belt being particularly heavy.

For my type of hunting, the only disadvantage is with small roots since the Predator doesn't have a serrated edge like the Lesche or other similar thinner blade diggers. I carry a small Stihl folding saw in my pouch for when I need to cut through roots.

Kenny said it well, the Raptor cuts fast and clean. For me, it beats the others hands down.
August 09, 2016 07:32AM
raptor #31 from george!..yes! a little heavy,but after ya get used to it
hangin' off ya,sweetest "pluggers" in the game!

(h.h.!)
j.t.