Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Signs of Injuns in the area grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Signs of Injuns in the area grinning smiley
August 08, 2016 01:31AM
Found this eve. while out scouting with a buddy for new fall hunting sites along/near a creek where an 1830s cabin once stood thumbs down

The area is known for finding artifacts like this near the river in the county and the creeks running thru it as well as in many of the farm fields as it was once home to a large population of Injuns that traded with settlers during the 1820s/30s before being driven west/out of the "territory"

Re: Signs of Injuns in the area grinning smiley
August 08, 2016 01:39AM
Nice find.

Your title of thread--- got me....
August 08, 2016 01:54AM
Something new that i have learnt tonight,was not aware that 'Injuns' used flint arrow heads as late as the 1830s,we find occasional flint arrow heads etc but ours are prehaps 1000s of years old Neolithic era then we moved onto the BA bronze age which was of course the start of the more technically advanced weaponry era.

Must admit i am blown away by the skill of fine knapping of flint tools,the craftsmanship and beauty that went into producing these fine arrow heads and of course many other weapons and domestic tools as well,trouble is of late a massive surge of fakes have started too appear on Ebay.
August 08, 2016 02:07AM
Congrats! That's a real beauty.
August 08, 2016 02:16AM
Along the shores of the Susquehana river in N.E. Pa. many such arrowhead and spearheads are found by collectors...no special equipment needed and the pro's just carry a long stick and hunt after rainfall....Have seen some of them encased in glass cases. One fellow actually found a seated half right on top....maybe I ought to change my method of hunting....
August 08, 2016 02:30AM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Something new that i have learnt tonight,was not
> aware that 'Injuns' used flint arrow heads as late
> as the 1830s,we find occasional flint arrow heads
> etc but ours are prehaps 1000s of years old
> Neolithic era then we moved onto the BA bronze age
> which was of course the start of the more
> technically advanced weaponry era.

Obviously this is a woodland Hopewell Indian point -- period = (2,100 - 1,700 B.P.) or approx. 100 bc to 300 ad

These are fairly common finds here in our state IF you know where to look and actually get out to look for them

I wasn't implying that they used them until the 1830s -- I was just stating the history of the area as it was up thru the 1820s/30s
August 08, 2016 02:46AM
There is a channel on youtube I subscribe to for finding arrowheads and stuff. I think it is called "richardsrockhouse". Him and his cutie pie blonde girl find some great ones in Missouri. I love finding that stuff. That was what I was into before I got into Civil War stuff and metal detectors.
August 08, 2016 04:45PM
That's a super nice point! What kind of stone is that?

hh,
Brian
August 09, 2016 05:39AM
WTG on the find, sweet point!