Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

South Carolina Hunt

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
South Carolina Hunt
August 08, 2016 03:39PM
[www.youtube.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: South Carolina Hunt
August 08, 2016 05:32PM
Nice finds Lawrenzo.

Let us know the identification on the button and buckle.
August 08, 2016 07:40PM
Nice digs Low
August 08, 2016 10:15PM
Didn't get a chance to watch the whole video but will later. What part of SC did you hunt. I'm around Charleston and its tough as hell to find a place to hunt around here. Everything is either private and cannot get permission or National Forest which is off limits. Great finds from what I've seen so far.
August 09, 2016 01:02PM
awendaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm
> around Charleston and its tough as hell to find a
> place to hunt around here. Everything is either
> private and cannot get permission or National
> Forest which is off limits.

Re national forest, is metal detecting expressly forbidden, ie, in writing "no metal detecting?"

Or is it more of a grey area where somebody says they're pretty sure it's not allowed?

I believe the actual letter of the law states something like (not permitted where antiquities are known to be and items found with a value of $50 or more need to be turned in to authorities). I have it somewhere...

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
August 09, 2016 01:58PM
Each district of national forest will have its own set of rules and guidelines. As a whole, metal detecting IS permitted on U.S. National Forest land but if the specific district says other wise, then that takes precedence. For example, in my area we have the Cherokee National Forest. It is busted up into two districts: Tellico and Ocoee district. The rules for it state that metal detecting is only permitted in certain areas (beaches and boat ramps) and all other areas are off limits. All of this info is available on the USNF website, broken up for each district.
August 09, 2016 03:25PM
If you want to take the chance to mess with the Feds do it at your own risk they can and will do what ever they want to. I learned that lesson a long time ago..They Suck and we pay them

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 09, 2016 03:40PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you want to take the chance to mess with the
> Feds do it at your own risk they can and will do
> what ever they want to. I learned that lesson a
> long time ago..They Suck and we pay them

I agree. Not worth the risk.
August 09, 2016 09:03PM
Looked like a fun time Lawrenzo.

Not to be critical but musket (round) balls are not the same as Minie' balls.

Minie Ball summary:

The Minié ball, or Minie ball, is a type of bullet used extensively in the American Civil War. The muzzle-loading rifle bullet was named after its co-developer, Claude-Étienne Minié.

Although the Minié ball was conical in shape, it was commonly referred to as a "ball," due to the round shape of the ammunition that had been used for centuries. Made of soft lead, it was slightly smaller than the intended gun bore, making it easy to load in combat. Designed with two to four grooves and a cone-shaped cavity, it was made to expand under the pressure to increase muzzle velocity. When fired, the expanding gas deformed the bullet and engaged the barrel’s rifling, providing spin for better accuracy and longer range.