Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 vs Racer2

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 vs Racer2
August 10, 2016 01:33AM
Pretty amazing results for both of these machines thumbs down

[www.youtube.com]
Re: T2 vs Racer2
August 10, 2016 02:19AM
Must admit i was impressed with the Racer 2 in that video,especially on the much clearer audio at the 14-16'' mark,i do use a T2 with larger coils and it still is one of my all time favourite machines,no machine is perfect but it ticks many of the boxes on what i require from a detector,and also found me some amazing artifacts at depth as well.
August 10, 2016 08:12AM
The problem with this video and many others is they don't state what the machines rate the soil mineralisation, you can just make out the R2 is showing maybe 1 bar at most, so they are going to be getting near air test values.
The same guy was boasting about digging small copper coins at 14'' with the stock coil on the R2...
Im very cynical about any video where the person testing is in his own words 'sponsored' lol the R2 is a good detector in good ground, my R2 in 3-4bar ground was way below average even with the tornado coil and couldn't see beyond 10'' on a large victorian penny.
August 10, 2016 12:06PM
There's no resistance from that soil....wish my soil was like that.

I also think the units should be cranked up to max when doing a depth comp, zero disc.
August 10, 2016 12:31PM
Pretty impressive results, to the point I'm cynical, and looking for the flaw in the test, that's making them look so good.
My guess it's the soil that isn't compacted so much in the area above the target. That causes a drop in ground-signal, just as the target signal is increasing. This combination can give effects that make greater depths possible.
If the soil was pounded down firmly with a lump of wood, etc, the results may be different.
It would be interesting to see the effects of an empty hole, too. I don't imagine motion-mode would show much, but a careful pinpoint-mode sweep would maybe reveal something. Eg. (with T2) Pull the pp trigger with coil off to the side of the hole, lower the coil slightly to get a 13 inch reading. Then sweep across the disturbed soil. Would it read 13-14-15-14-13 during the sweep?
August 10, 2016 05:06PM
For me the Racer just felt and sounded right for me. I had the T 2 and never really fit with it. I also think the Deus is a great unit

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 10, 2016 05:47PM
Rah rah sis boom bah.

smiling smiley
August 10, 2016 06:02PM
Was this a comparison of the Racer 2 vs the T2 Classic or the T2 SE with boost and all of the upgrades? If the former, then one could argue for the current price point the T2 is a great deal if they are close in performance. Am I off?
August 10, 2016 06:18PM
vtdc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was this a comparison of the Racer 2 vs the T2
> Classic or the T2 SE with boost and all of the
> upgrades? If the former, then one could argue for
> the current price point the T2 is a great deal if
> they are close in performance. Am I off?

As near as I can tell, it is a T2 green machine. At 1:20 in the video, I can see a spot of green on the upper shaft between the cam-lok and the start of black tape.... And the arm rest is green. That guy has got his moneys worth out of the T2....lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2016 06:21PM by cadman.
August 10, 2016 07:01PM
Hah, I noticed the tape also! If he has turned to the Racer as his go to machine, it's not hard to see that he is an experienced T2 guy.
August 10, 2016 07:56PM
I'm sure the sticky tape and general well-used state of the T2 means it's not a T2 Classic, but the original green shaft standard model. The constant diddle-diddle it makes when it's lying down also points to it not being the Classic, based on what people say about that having 'DST-like' behaviour.