Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 / F75 DST tones differ from original and SE models?

Posted by Jressman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 / F75 DST tones differ from original and SE models?
August 14, 2016 03:57AM
Why does the DST upgrade raise the pitch of the non-ferrous tone on both the Teknetics T2 and Fisher F75 vs the previous models both machines? I love the bassy round full tone of my T2SE (non-DST) but the DST version of the T2 has a higher pitch almost Deus like tone assigned to the non-ferrous tone. I understand the DST upgrade offers more customization and is indeed an improvement on an already awesome unit, but the change in tone is a real deal breaker for me. Is there any way to change the pitch on a new DST T2 and have it sound like the original and SE models do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2016 03:58AM by Jressman.
Re: T2 / F75 DST tones differ from original and SE models?
August 14, 2016 04:01AM
Can't speak for T2,, but F75 try going over to AM side and adjust pitch,,,,I think this alters the tone somewhat on the disc side.

Got rid of my F75dst unit some months ago.

Hope this helps.
August 14, 2016 04:10PM
I have the same issue with my upgraded T2's. Came back with a higher audio pitch. I was using gray ghost headphones which really made it high. Switched to my cheap calrads and that helped with the pitch a great deal. Might try some different headphones and see if that helps any.
August 16, 2016 03:07AM
Can you change the audio pitch on your upgraded T2? Or is it stuck as is with the higher pitch audio?
August 16, 2016 06:19AM
My F75 LTD2 tones didn't change LTD > LTD2.
August 16, 2016 09:08AM
I haven't noticed any change is mine over the years, F 75.... F 75 LTD..... F 75 LTD2 DST. HH jim tn
August 16, 2016 11:16AM
Jressman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you change the audio pitch on your upgraded
> T2? Or is it stuck as is with the higher pitch
> audio?

I called first Texas they said it can't be changed. I tried a few different headphones and the ones with more bass and less treble smoothed it out nicely