Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Heres the difference....

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Heres the difference....
September 02, 2016 12:37AM
Got a part from Garrett...arrived 2 days later from Texas........Got a part from Minelab...ordered and didn't arrive in a week or so...called again and said on its way..turns out was sent that day not on its way a week prior...got it two weeks after I initially ordered...wrong part...said they would send out the next day....gee I hope it doesn't arrive as a Christmas present...
Re: Heres the difference....
September 02, 2016 12:50AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got a part from Garrett...arrived 2 days later
> from Texas........Got a part from
> Minelab...ordered and didn't arrive in a week or
> so...called again and said on its way..turns out
> was sent that day not on its way a week
> prior...got it two weeks after I initially
> ordered...wrong part...said they would send out
> the next day....gee I hope it doesn't arrive as a
> Christmas present...

As a company they have some great Ideas most of which belonged to someone else, And they jump in with any Gold Nugget find regardless of what it was found with. And they forget they are just a detector company and NOT a Passage of Life,

I have owned a lot of their machines but none of them all put together could match the finds I got with my first MXT 300.

They are a bit like the Clap, we know it exists, We just have to do our best to Avoid catching It, grinning smileygrinning smiley>grinning smiley<

Lol,

John.
September 02, 2016 12:53AM
The Whites service centre in Scotland are exactly the same ultra fast service,i have phoned up many times for spares and normally next day or 2 days at most,cannot fault customer service like that,also any technical help or advise and James who has been with Whites for many years will always help.
September 02, 2016 10:41AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got a part from Garrett...arrived 2 days later
> from Texas........Got a part from
> Minelab...ordered and didn't arrive in a week or
> so...called again and said on its way..turns out
> was sent that day not on its way a week
> prior...got it two weeks after I initially
> ordered...wrong part...said they would send out
> the next day....gee I hope it doesn't arrive as a
> Christmas present...

Minelab office here in the USA is a joke.
September 02, 2016 01:59PM
I had a headphone issue some years ago (CTX Koss30) and they shipped new ones on my say-so only (didn't even want the problem ones back) and they arrived in a few days. Shipped the same day I emailed them. Sorry you had a problem.

Curious if you dealt with ML Chicago or the repair center at KC. Parts should probably come from KC, I would think.
September 02, 2016 02:59PM
Chicago handles the parts and are the problem...Also talked to Marty at the repair center and do not handle parts..just repairs and he was a big help.
I am talking about present day and years ago had a female detectorist with years of experience and really helped me several times with Minelab units but times have changed.
Have no doubt if Marty from the repair center did handle parts would not have any trouble and gotten the part in a timely manner.
Lets hope it was an isolated incident and forum members get better service...
September 03, 2016 02:18AM
Chicago is a good sports town, but that's all I can say good about that place. So I will shut up now.