Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Impact pics

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Nokta Impact pics
October 14, 2016 01:51PM
What a Great Honest Company, They always Amaze me how willing they are to Help.

John.
October 14, 2016 01:58PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wjs Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can you have some hardcore coin hunters test
> this
> > unit and not just relic hunters. We need some
> > input from people who mostly coin hunt also.
> > Thanks.
>
>
> Name a hardcore coin hunter that the majority of
> the members would agree to.

Bill - wjs

His info was given to you from multiple dealers when there was a request for Racer 2 videos and reviews

But he's gonna tell it how it is. No 15" nickels unless they are really that. lol
October 14, 2016 01:58PM
Just look on YouTube and will see Bill .. wjs. We all trust his videos and his opinions..
October 14, 2016 02:08PM
Sure, I know Bill.

I actually sent a Racer 2 to the distributor to be given to him back in April.

If Bill and the other members agree, I will see what I can do (not a promise but will try to add him to the list).

Bill, can I have your full contact details emailed to me at dilek@noktadetectors.com?
wjs
October 14, 2016 02:20PM
Just to let you know I never did receive the race2 metal detector. If I would have I would've done some videos and reviews for you. I would be glad to test the impact for you also. Contact info has been sent. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2016 02:24PM by wjs.
October 14, 2016 03:06PM
Sounds like you (Nokta) have all categories pretty much covered but I would be interested in knowing how the unit will perform in the highly mineralize soil and salt water beaches in California.
October 14, 2016 04:24PM
Elbert Wrote:
> Sounds like you (Nokta) have all categories pretty
> much covered but I would be interested in knowing
> how the unit will perform in the highly
> mineralize soil and salt water beaches in
> California.

I'm with you El. I'd love to test this in California, as we have such a diversity of soil conditions from so highly mineralized, it'll give even the best of the best challenges, black sand salt water beaches, areas with red volcanic soil, and areas that have almost no minerilization. I think the Impact with it's variable frequencies could be a versatile machine for our challenging, and diverse California soils.

-Brian
October 14, 2016 04:58PM
I echo what Elbert and Brian said!! cool smileysmileys with beer
October 14, 2016 05:17PM
I'll do a little campaigning for Brian (Cal_Cobra) who would be a real good choice for a fair evaluation of the Impact here in California.

He is a extremely active relic, beach and coin hunter with access to some outstanding hunt location and is a die hard fan of the Racer series to boot.
October 14, 2016 06:32PM
Just wanted to cast my vote for this detector to be given to one or more coin hunters for testing.
Not all of us on this site are relic hunters. I'm really curious to see how the lower frequencies performs in minerized turf hunting conditions.
Thanks for listening.. You seem to be one of the only detector companies that are.
Bryan
ATTN. NOKTA
October 14, 2016 07:07PM
Just wanted to mention: To obtain an excellent (and un-biased) report on the Impact for COIN HUNTING in the U.S.------It would be VERY GOOD if you would send an Impact detector to BOTH wjs (Bill) and CalCobra (Brian) for their evaluation.-----Those men are in very different parts of the country here in the U.S. & have very different soil conditions.-----Also--they are both very experienced coin hunters, honest as the day is long & "tell it like it is" in their tests.------Might also suggest: If you would send them the Impact detector directly to their address it may save some problems---as wjs (Bill) said he never did receive your Racer 2 to test when you sent it to the distributor.------------Del
October 14, 2016 10:22PM
Wjs and Cal Cobra would be great testers, IMO. Both have lots of experience.
October 15, 2016 12:21AM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> What a Great Honest Company, They always Amaze me
> how willing they are to Help.
>
> John.

A lot more receptive than what we have become used to from the old manufacturers in the industry -

Nokta/Makro's support is unmatched - Their metal detectors are exceptionally good as well winking smiley

But of course, we all know this - Thanks again Dilek for keeping us all up to date & I look forward to more releases out of Turkey

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
October 15, 2016 12:25AM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> Sure, I know Bill.
>
> I actually sent a Racer 2 to the distributor to be
> given to him back in April.
>
> If Bill and the other members agree, I will see
> what I can do (not a promise but will try to add
> him to the list).
>
> Bill, can I have your full contact details emailed
> to me at dilek@noktadetectors.com?

Look at that - first class - they had already arranged for Bill to have one already -

Forward thinking company or what? - Problem solved - Impressive

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
October 15, 2016 03:37AM
wjs Wrote:
> Just to let you know I never did receive the race2
> metal detector. If I would have I would've done
> some videos and reviews for you. I would be glad
> to test the impact for you also. Contact info has
> been sent. Thanks.

would be nice if they could get the Racer 2 to you also....

I'd like to see how the 2 compare...(at similar freqs anyway)
October 15, 2016 09:02PM
Cabin Fever
Just wanted to cast my vote for this detector to be given to one or more coin hunters for testing. Not all of us on this site are relic hunters.
I agree that the Impact needs some evaluation that applies for all types of metal detecting. Beach Hunters will check it out, Gold Nugget Hunters will due to the 20 kHz function, Relic Hunters will find both the 14 kHz and 20 kHz frequency choices to work for them in most locations, and serious Coin & Jewelry Hunters might find all three frequencies useful for them depending upon the site they hunt and targets they are after. At 14 kHz it might serve most users just fine, allowing them to opt for 20 kHz if they are especially working gold jewelry potential sites, or the lower 5 kHz range if they want to handle higher mineralized ground better, punch a little deeper where they think some keepers might be, and especially try that frequency advanatage if mainly hunting for higher-conductive silver coins.

When the weather conditions are warmer, drier and favorable, and if the older sites are not overgrown with a dense weedy vegetation growth, I prefer to be out Relic Hunting. I am usually limited access to the Gold Mining Town sites, Logging Camp or Town sites, and many other older use places from late fall thru the winter when many of them are just too cold and frozen solid, and usually covered with snow. I hope to get into one or two more by mid November, but so far all of October's detecting for me has been Coin & Jewelry Hunting. My Racer 2 has been being used exclusively so far this month with a standard-size 7X11 DD search coil, and 75% of that has been in more urban settings where I prefer to use my Racer 2 as my main-use Coin Hunting detector.

As we progress thru the rest of this month, and on thru February and maybe most of March, I'll do very little serious Relic Hunting as I swing into the Coin Hunting mode and make several travels to various parts of Oregon, Idaho, Utah and ??? I still work my Relic and CoRe on these hunting trips, but my Racer 2 usually is the first-grab detector when out Coin Hunting. I look forward to pitting the Impact against the Racer 2, and other models, in each application, but I'm mostly into the Coin & Jewelry Hunting season now with limited relic Hunting opportunities.

There are two or three former POW camps from WW II and CCC camps where the main targets that are findable of interest are coins, and I always consider them with other Coin Hunting sites more than being a Relic Hunting type of location. They are not higher in the hills and mountains so they remain mostly accessible during the fall/winter weather and holiday season, therefore usually huntable.

Cabin Fever
I'm really curious to see how the lower frequencies performs in minerized turf hunting conditions.
So am I, and where I live and hunt the ground mineral environment can get very challenging to deal with, which is just one reason I am anxious to see how the Impact will handle it. Most of the Coin Hunting locations around produce a Ground Phase read-out from '74' to '86' on my Racer 2, Relic and CoRe, and I get a high MMI read-out when I check the iron mineral content of the ground, too. No mild and mellow dirt around here.

I think we will read and hear about many different ground mineral comparisons and performance from the Impact because I am certain this detector will have features, modes, and capabilities to satisfy many avid detecting enthusiasts.

Monte
October 16, 2016 04:07AM
Elbert Wrote:
> I'll do a little campaigning for Brian
> (Cal_Cobra) who would be a real good choice for a
> fair evaluation of the Impact here in California.
>
> He is a extremely active relic, beach and coin
> hunter with access to some outstanding hunt
> location and is a die hard fan of the Racer series
> to boot.

Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. I'd be happy to test it, with honest feedback as well as provide a fair assessment. I'm out with Tom this weekend detecting some western frontier sites we're scouting out. We were at a site yesterday and I had the Racer2, and for some odd reason my audio reports were iffy on a lot of really good targets, which is unusual as the Racer1/2 consistently provide excellent audio reports. Most were not very deep, something to do with the soil, we were out in the middle of nowhere, but with zero EMI so the soil was the culprit. It would've been a great place to test the various frequencies to see how they'd interact with the soil conditions. We'll be going back to that site, so who knows I may get to test the Impact there after all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2016 04:21AM by Cal_cobra.
October 16, 2016 06:45AM
Brian,

I hope your efforts "detecting some western frontier sites we're scouting out" end up being successful. If you happen to scout up two or three places of interest that might work for a Welcome-to-Hunt Outing, please let me know as I am trying to line up the two or three outings for us for next year that are not in Nevada.

I've also come across a few places where "the soil was the culprit" and it can be a challenge to deal with, especially when you have a proven and capable detector in-hand.

Putting in the time and effort to use and learn, and know what detectors are doing, would make it a benefit to all if you get an Impact to evaluate, especially knowing the Racer 2 as well as you do. thumbs down

Monte
October 16, 2016 11:09AM
What can one say about this manufacturer.

To be willing to get the detecting public involved in the process-- kudos

I can think of quite a few folks here who I think would give a fair assessment of the detector.

Some folks who come to mind to me are

Daniel Tn

Michigan Relic Hunter-- don't let his forum name fool anyone,,he finds coins too

Beyonder Pa

Apollonio Paul of California

Rod-Pa-- love his down to earth writing style

Ozzie--won't get nothing but the straight scoop from him

And I do also agree with the others here that have mentioned.

We are lucky here folks to have folks we can depend on for " honest information"
October 17, 2016 12:48AM
I totally agree with getting units into experienced hands and getting their run down on them BUT hearing from someone who is relatively new in the industry also gives & provides useful advice - Fortunately for me, Makro gave me that opportunity just before the Red Racers were released - Sure you get the old hands saying 'what does a nobody know about detecting?' -

The answer to that is a great deal more, given the opportunity - I will kick on through this hobby until I draw my last breath but to be given an opportunity like that from Makro, will live on as a highlight to me in this rewarding hobby winking smiley

Thanks to you ALL for being YOU - what a hobby winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
October 17, 2016 01:22AM
Thanks for the mention but I don't think I would be a good candidate for doing tests anymore. It's not that I wouldn't enjoy getting my paws on something new and lending a hand; it is rather that I don't feel my sites are up to par for testing anymore. A lot has happened over the last few years and a good number of my Civil War sites that I used to hunt, are totally gone. Either via homes getting build on top of them, or property changing hands and the new landowners will not allow detecting. The site where I go play and test now, that is full of the Civil War minie balls...is on its last draws of breath and wont be around much longer either. That leaves me with either finding new sites; which is going to involve driving some 2+ hours away, in one direction...or spending more time in my other hobbies. I'll put it this way. I've been in the Gulf Shores area this week and still down here now. I have my detector with me but have spent more time fishing than I have swinging a coil; and I didn't even come down here to fish and didn't even bring a rod/reel with me, nor did I have a licenses. I got all that stuff after I was down here. I was swinging the coil one morning before the swimmers hit the water and ran across a guy fishing the surf...and was catching the fire out of these white fish and pompano fish. I had to stop and ask what they were, as saltwater fish are unfamiliar to me. I went right then and bought a rod/reel combo, and a non resident saltwater licenses smiling smiley Forget digging beer crown caps 10-12 inches deep...especially when the fish are biting.
October 17, 2016 01:39AM
Also, thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm not much of a testing guy. I learn in the fields and try to keep mental notes about the detector.....they don't always stick in the brain but with enough repetitiveness, something eventually will................ I have found some very nice old coinage over the years though.
October 17, 2016 03:20AM
TNS,
Thank you for the nice words. I am fin ding that I do like to try to decipher how a detector feels and works in different spots I detect in, and have also been stockpiling all sorts of odds and ends that either surprised me by reporting good or surprised me by reporting bad, then going through derector changes to see how I can better be in tune with what the detector is telling me.

HH, all
October 17, 2016 01:41PM
I think Cal_cobra would be a great tester....seeing how the 3 freqs would work in tough California dirt along with his
on-going experience with the Racer 2 would be big pluses...and he knows sites with good 'oldie' potential....

now if you need a tester for Canadian coinage, look no further, I'm willing and able.......haha, and I have/use a Racer 2 also....
October 17, 2016 03:03PM
wjs is a great guy and his vids are "spot on" His parks are loaded with trash! He really does represent the average coin hunter and his feedback would be a great tool!
October 18, 2016 06:41PM
Will be good to see how this Impact does in the Test Series especially when the going gets tough...... Feel with the different kHz available and additional settings it will rise above many other machines, time will tell.
October 18, 2016 07:16PM
Ziggy Wrote:
> Will be good to see how this Impact does in the
> Test Series especially when the going gets
> tough...... Feel with the different kHz available
> and additional settings it will rise above many
> other machines, time will tell.

I'd love to see you test it Aaron, your video's are top class, love your field tests, hear the audio see the depth!
October 18, 2016 08:24PM
I hope someone test one in the kind of iron we hunt in in the old civil war camps and home sites.
October 18, 2016 10:28PM
Potomac run Wrote:
> I hope someone test one in the kind of iron we
> hunt in in the old civil war camps and home sites.

I enjoy detecting iron infested sites, they are typically loaded with non-ferrous targets and iron patches tend to ward off detectorists that aren't dialed into detecting heavy iron. I've done well using both my F75 LTD2, and the Racer1/2 at these types of sites.

hh,
Brian
Nokta Impact
December 07, 2016 05:31PM
Any updates on the Impact? Is it out for field trials?

Rich-

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.