Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Questions, new CZ-3D

Posted by bigolhorns 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Questions, new CZ-3D
June 08, 2008 11:43PM
Just got a new CZ-3D and have some questions.
When using "pushbutton" method to ground balance does the machine have to be in the enhanced mode? Mine g/b's fine if in enhanced but won't g/b in the salt mode. Is this normal?

The "Disc" control has more postions then are talked about in the manual or marked on the front panel. Rotating the knob fully counter clockwise there is one more position beyond "autotune" that appears to be a disc mode. In other words on the front panel autotune is at the 3:00 postion this setting is at 2:00 and not marked on the front panel. What is this mode?

So far the 3D is way beyond my expectations.It's just plain fun to use! For some reason it better in iron filled sites much better than my F75

Thanks for your help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 04:12AM by bigolhorns.
Re: Questions, new CZ-3D
June 09, 2008 09:31PM
...... The GB principle is identical in both 'Salt' and 'Enhanced' mode; however, the point at which you ascertain proper ground balance will be slightly different. ((( ie ... You may land on '5' in 'enhanced' mode..... yet you may land on say '3' in 'Salt' mode ))).
Sounds to me that your Disc knob is not indexed properly. See if you can rotate the Disc pot up to position '6'. (( I suspect it'll only go as high as '5' )) It is impossible that the unit has some form of a seventh type of Disc. ------ The AutoTune mode is the position that is most CCW counter-clock-wise..... and can be verified by raising Sens to Max (10).... verifying that you have a threshold 'hum'.... and nails, alum pull-tabs and coins all will sound the same (no tone-ID).

Glad you are enjoying this coin cherry-picker..... and doing well in the iron.

Tom
June 09, 2008 11:09PM
Thanks for the reply. Nope, AutoTune is indicated where it should be and does get the threshold hum. There is a position above this,at 2:00, that is a discriminating mode, Iron is disc in.
The knob points directly at 6 in the fully clockwise position. There are a total of 9 positions on the pot. Strange?
June 10, 2008 12:27AM
Are you saying that it still accepts iron when in the 2:00 position? If so...... than what is Disc'd out?
June 10, 2008 04:28AM
The 2:00 position appears to be the same as disc 0.
The 3D is the best detector I have ever used in iron infested sites,and I've tried most you can name.
I have exclusive permission to search one of the oldest Universities on the west coast. The ground is FULL of iron. 7 or 8 iron hits on each swing. Saturday (my first hunt with the 3D) I recovered 236 coins in a 20'x20'spot! 37 wheat's and 17 silvers. Earliest being an 1897 dime at 6". I did not dig one rusty nail or any iron.I did dig some early beaver tails and screw caps. I run disc 0 and listen for any high tones. Ordered a small coil for it today. Can you say fun!
June 11, 2008 12:50AM
Very impressive results. I hope this ratio keeps up for you! Sounds like you found a 'coin toss' old circus site.