Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for Tom

Posted by Ray(Ca) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for Tom
April 28, 2008 12:23AM
Hi Tom

I was wondering if you have tested the FZ-12 coil on a CZ? If so what were your impressions on it for deep coin hunting an inland park?

Thanks Ray
Re: Question for Tom
April 28, 2008 12:42AM
Hi Ray,
I don't mean to answer for Tom, but I once asked this exact question.

Quote from Tom: I have found the CZ 10.5" coil to give nearly identical performance to 12.5" Sunray coil .... in depth capabilities & soil volume coverage. Does not matter which CZ platform.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,247
April 28, 2008 01:03AM
Ray,

I have had both and tested them side by side. The 10.5 inch CZ coil is harder to pinpoint with, and honestly, the FZ-12 would airtest better and pinpoint on a dime PLUS it was much easier to swing and seemed lighter. I know the 10.5 was made elliptical for a reason but I still liked the Sunray better overall...Tom surely is the expert but we all have our preferences and opinions smiling smiley

Chris

P.S.-I have asked this myself but being me I had to see for myself

On the top of page 3

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2008 01:32AM by christopher-ohio.
April 28, 2008 05:52AM
Thanks Scott and Chris I think you answered my question. I like the FZ on the beach with my CZ hipmounted and just like you said Chris it pinpointed and just generally seemed to work better than a 10.5.

Ray