Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hi Tom

Posted by Ray(Ca) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hi Tom
May 01, 2008 07:24AM
Just puchased your video and I'm looking forward to watching it. I owned a F-75 but found the EMI just to much in the areas (city parks with power lines everywhere) that I hunt. Sometimes I would just grin and bear it but after a while I just couldn't deal with anymore. I also had the same problem with the C$. I made some great finds with the 75 and the C$ and there both excellent machines but I just couldn't deal with the chatter and as we all no if you can't bond with your detector then it's time to move on. I picked up a 3D a few weeks ago and have been able to go back into these older areas and make some pretty good finds. The 3D has really shocked me as it's easy to use and it has some solid punch. I have been digging alot more "GOOD" targets with it. With my other I.D. units I became very picky and only dug certain targets but with the 3D I'm making some finds that I'm sure I would have not have dug with my other detectors. You did good with the 3D it's one of the best (if not the best) I've ever used and it suits me perfect for the type of detecting I do. Old big city parks with deep coins,tokens and other goodies!

Thank You for taking the time to develop it.
Ray
Re: Hi Tom
May 01, 2008 08:11PM
You are most certainly welcome. The CZ-3D should be your most "EMI" stable unit...... and if it does chatter,,,, conditions must be quite severe. Did you acquire a good used unit..... or a new one?
.....Hope you enjoy the DVD,,,, as I'm using a CZ-3D (prototype) in the DVD.

Tom
May 02, 2008 02:00AM
Hi Tom

I picked up a very nice used one. I had a 6a and a 70 a while back but ended up trading both of them. With the 8 inch coil I can get coins at the 8 to 9 inch level with a good repeatable signal witch is something the 70 and the 6a just couldn't quite do. I really like the 3D and it works great in older parks. I just have no complaints about it and when used in the right areas it works great! I just set the disc at iron, sens between 3 and 4.5 and off I go. I find old coins every time I go out to my well worked older parks. It works just like you said it would. I have detected several places in the past years where old coins did not I.D. correctly on my other machines and it's interesting that someone took the time to build a detector that will now find them. Now I'm looking to find my first 5.00 gold eagle!

Ray
May 02, 2008 09:17PM
Ray,

Sounds like you got a good unit. Make SURE that it will ID a U.S. $5.00 Half-Eagle gold coin as a "High Tone" in the 'enhanced mode! Borrow a Half Eagle if you must. .... And also check to see if a Shield nickel (1866 - 1883) ALSO ID's as a High Tone in the Enhanced mode. VERY IMPORTANT!
.... When you are out in the real world detecting.... try to run your Sens on 4-1/2 if conditions allow. Do NOT go below Sens of 3-1/2 if at all possible. (No need to go above '5' on Sens).

Tom