Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Another pinpointing question

Posted by GaCracker 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Another pinpointing question
September 05, 2008 11:49PM
Hello Tom-received your video today and must say it is informative and interesting. I was bragging last week about hitting the dime at 12" on my CZ-3D, went out today and noticed that several good deep targets I couldn't get to pinpoint (the coil was away from any metal before involking pinpoint). When I got home I did my air test and noticed that even though I could get a hit at 12", I could only pinpoint at 9". Any ideas on this?
Re: Another pinpointing question
September 06, 2008 01:29AM
Sometimes if I encounter that I will hold the coil off the ground about waist high and then push the pinpoint button and then lower it back down. Semms to work for me like that in most cases.
Re: Another pinpointing question
September 06, 2008 08:57AM
Sounds to me like your CZ is working nearly perfectly. It's common for a CZ to acquire a dime @12" in the ID mode..... yet, NOT be able to PP the same target beyond 10".

.... It still hurts me to hear reports of some folks having CZ's that can detect a dime at 12"...... and other folks at distances that are less/far less than 12".