Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 11"DD coil not responding..????

Posted by liquid1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 11"DD coil not responding..????
September 07, 2008 06:19AM
Tom have you heard of any issues or reasons why the stock coil will GB ok But give no response, Except give an overload over Big metal, otherwise its completly quiet....the coil, wire and connector looks new and good..when I install my small 6" coil the F75 works correctly..what would cause a coil to just not work..Its 9 months old...I was planning on sending in the machine with both coils for the upgrade soon..so off it will go and have fisher check it out...I also looked at the connector coil plug and the soldering and wires looked good..I did hunt in the atlantic ocean with both coils a month ago But have since then used unit and stock coil with no problems..today it just want work..I even replaced the Batts with 3 different sets..I guess water might have seaped in some..how..thanks for any input..james..
Re: F75 11"DD coil not responding..????
September 07, 2008 11:00AM
Definately sounds like coil failure. This does happen sometimes. They are waterproof coils ALMOST all of the time. Yes, sounds like you had saltwater intrude the coil. GLAD you had ANOTHER coil for problem isolation!

Tom
September 09, 2008 12:01AM
Thanks Tom..Hope to getter sent off tommorrow...james
September 09, 2008 01:33AM
I think I had the same problem with mine. It was doing pretty well, but about a month after hitting Lake Michigan i started having problems. I sent mine back and should receive it Wednesday with a new coil. TMAN...
September 09, 2008 11:50PM
So as to 'track' this problem........... keep us posted for "future reference" purposes.
September 12, 2008 05:49AM
Tom, I included a note to FS hopeing to get a detailed answer for the problem..I also sent in the small 6" coil for them to check out, And ask them to do a performance test with both coils.along with the upgrade..I'll keep this forum posted..james
September 12, 2008 12:21PM
Thanks James.
September 27, 2008 12:43AM
I just got a tracking number my F75 is passing trough texas should be here in NC soon..Not sure what was done yet..I have a Big relic hunt planned as soon as I get it back..Cant wait..I"ll post results..Fisher sent me a reciept, it states warranty repairs and upgrade...
September 27, 2008 03:49PM
Ok I just got it Back, they replaced the 11" DD coil and it looks to me like they replaced the whole machine..The Battery box has stiffer springs and the screen and case looks Brand new..the grip is Bigger and the fore arm brace looks and feels new....The coil rods are original...Any ways I put it back together and fired it up..seems to be working like new..time will tell, Its raining here..I'll check it out soon...air test is good..
September 28, 2008 05:33PM
Good luck Liquid, they did the same to mine when I sent it in the first time. Didnt help much. I had to send it back Thursday. Any machine that cant ID a silver half dollar laying flat at 6 inches needs to be looked at. TMAN...