Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detecting before and after the beach cleaner

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detecting before and after the beach cleaner
August 02, 2008 01:40AM
On a few days of vacation to Michigan, I had a chance to detect a beach on Lake Michigan. I worked the volleyball court one evening finding only 3 quarters. I had planned on going in next am with gold bug to look for microjewelry. When I got there a beach cleaning machine had just went over the volleyball court and was working on rest of beach. I pulled out gold bug ll and I was surprised at how the coins started popping out. No jewelry and not much little pieces of foil as is common when hunting with gold bug. I assume the cleaner pulled the coins up into detection range. I really did not expect to find more than I did before cleaning. Anyone else exerience this?
Re: Detecting before and after the beach cleaner
September 26, 2008 05:48PM
My experience in Southern California beaches...most coins are less than 6" deep and beach cleaner has little or no effect.

However...I have found multiple chains which appear to be combined by the machine and then dropped off. One location had 2 chains one of which had a small gold diamond ring attached. Second instance had a tangle of 9 (NINE!) chains tangled up which included a silver ring. Unfortunately only one non junk chain...but highly interesting find. HH Joe
Re: Detecting before and after the beach cleaner
September 26, 2008 11:29PM
n/t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2008 02:00AM by PanMan.